Walther Forums banner

P38 ac42

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  olsoul 
#1 ·
Can somebody tell me a little more about this gun?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Absolutely! Here you go. Also, can you say what branch this was issued to?

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Nice job on the close-ups. I wish everyone asking questions here would get the markings photographed as sharp and clear.

Some pics of the entire gun and holster would indeed be nice.

The maker of the holster per the gcx code:
Ing. Karl Brettschneider, Hermann-Göring-Strasse 20, Mährisch-Schönberg. It was in the Sudetengau (if you were German) or occupied Czechoslovakia (if you were not) ;)

#5 ·
Nice pictures and find! Military P38s were not marked for other end users like PP and PPKs could be (as such were contracted by those agencies), excepting some made for the Polizei. Once accepted by the military, the P38s were put into the military supply system and went their way. No way to trace a particular unit or branch. Maybe, if you found a soldbuch with an entry, you could see so-and-so was issued one.

#10 ·
It is a very nice pistol indeed.

If you are considering shooting it I would replace the grips with reproductions to prevent further damage as the bakelite resin grips can be brittle with age.

I use a set of wooden Grips4U when I shoot my P.38s just to be on the safe side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.