Walther Forums banner

New To Me P1

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  matthanne 
#1 ·
After about a year of searching for a reasonable priced P1 in the Great* State of California, I found one. Waited the 10 Days, and got this beauty yesterday.
Slide is marked 12/82 with 427 Slide, Barrel Assy, and Frame.
I know nothing about this gun, other than it's a Post World War handgun.

Anything I should know?

I'm not new to the Walther "Family" (I own a P22), but new to this model)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice heavy slide with unreinforced frame, apparently prior Bundeswehr service too. The full serial number should be on the frame, not just the last three. Any markings on other side (other than importer)? In the late 70s (I believe) Walther began reinforcing frames with a hex pin through the frame above the trigger, this was to prevent damage to the alloy frame from being peened by the recoiling locking block and barrel. Otherwise, a nice shooter.

#3 ·
The earlier frame serial looks over-stamped, possibly by a re-work date stamp, but I can't make out the letter or digit salad.

That seems to date to prior to the introduction of the BW stamping, which is why that ended up on the trigger guard below, rather than its usual location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.