WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1917-1911M

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #1

1917-1911M .38
Why can't they?

Take the CCP, keep the barrel, keep the chamber, keep the gas piston and chamber.....then get rid of the entire rear of the pistol, install frame rails and a take down lever, a trigger bar, conventional hammer/sear arrangement, conventional slide and have a reliable pistol? Does everything have to be bits and pieces these days? Just take a PP and install a gas chamber then cover up all the current beautiful lines with polymer to hide the gas chamber. M1911
brett.glover.16 likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #2

Ekjunge .22
Good question, asked to the wrong people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #3

1917-1911M .38
Nah....we gotta splain it to em. How much better would the CCP be with some frame rails, a take down lever and none of that hook and catch, plunger system? The barrel is great, chamber good, the gas system even works 100%. Allowing a light recoil spring for easy cycling which was what the pistol is all about. Put on a hammer that can be cocked if necessary for even easier slide cycling. Compress one spring at a time if really necessary due to weak hands/wrists. I'd like to know how much money is being saved with the put together parts system...rear system housing. How about a frame? Wrap it all in the existing CCP grip housing.

I guess I don't see anything so great about a striker either.....truth be told. Supposed to be a bit more compact and allow the grip to sit a little higher....I'm not sure about that. Isn't the easier to cycle slide what the CCP is all about? That part they got pretty much right. Field stripping and reliability not so much....and where are all the problems coming from.....rear of the pistol. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2016, 11:51 PM   #4

Ekjunge .22
I prefer striker fired guns, but the whole world wanted a P7 barrel and gas system with a PPQ trigger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP