Stuck slide during reassembly - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #1

Cobrargc .22
Stuck slide during reassembly

My CCP was a Christmas gift yesterday. I field stripped it this morning using the tool and everything went fine. However I failed to use the tool to reassemble the slide and now the slide is stuck and I've spent several hours trying to get it to either come back off or slide fully forward. I'm stuck and so is my slide. I'd rather figure this out with your help than send it into Walther. any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps9bbwcjms.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...psumauk0tw.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps23yi7onj.jpg
Cobrargc is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #2

neverwas .22
Almost same thing happened to me. I was able to push the tool in, and release it.
neverwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #3

chandler5566 .22
I suspect the locking catch is caught behind the counter plate and the striker spring is hung on the front side. My procedure was to use the small screwdriver (never use Walthers plastic part) which allows the locking catch to be pressed up and in to a greater depth. That would move the locking catch to the "normal" release position in front of the counter plate and drive the striker spring forward of the plate as well.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #4

Jzami69 .22
You pulled the slide back too far. A common mistake. Pull the slide back until it is just about flush with the frame as pictured in the manual, insert tool, and press down on the slide. It'll snap right into place. I, too, did this being used to slides that must be pulled all the way back to align. I don't think the screw driver will help, but I'd give Chandler's advice a try. As for me, I just wrestled with it and it eventually came free. Then I checked the manual and saw I was pulling the slide back WAY too far. Another issue is that being a new gun everything is a bit tight. Let us know how you make out.

Oh, by the way, once you get it back together have fun. It's a great gun with great feel, good accuracy, although it does get a bit warm if you put a lot of rounds through it. Of my four Walthers, this is my fave.

Last edited by Jzami69; 12-26-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Jzami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #5

Cobrargc .22
Finally some success! I managed, with some assistance, to get the locking catch to launch across the room. After this I was able to get the slide off with the tool. I've field stripped it several times and assembled it each time without any issues. Jzami69 is correct in that I was moving the slide too far back. I just had to make sure the rear of the slide is flush with receiver.

Thanks guys!
Cobrargc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Mliebs .22
I was surprised at just how little the slide needs to be moved to remove and assemble it. I fought it for awhile before I realized the more I moved it the harder it got.
Mliebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #7

lockdown823 .22
Yep I ran in to this issue after the first re-assembly a few hours ago, after the g/f bought her CCP. Finally figured out that you need to rotate the locking catch to a point where it comes out. That allows the slide to close and then you can finagle the spring out of there. Then remove the slide and put the spring back in there, followed by inserting the locking catch. Then you're GTG. This gave me some fits for way to long lol.
lockdown823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #8

Ekjunge .22
People!!! You really need to look at the tear down video that I posted and is a sticky... It would have saved you a ton of wasted effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #9

jackrock .22
I realize this post is closing on a year old, but wanted to thank you all. I got a CCP last weekend, and ran into this problem about an hour ago. What i found, by using clues in this thread, was that a quarter turn of the locking cap to the right allowed it to eject from the slide. From there, i could remove the spring from the obstruction and the get the slide unstuck.

Damn, I'm glad i didn't have to send my new boomer back to Walther.

JackRock
Sent From TapaTalk, and still avoiding Leetspeak
jackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #10

popfischer .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown823 View Post
Yep I ran in to this issue after the first re-assembly a few hours ago, after the g/f bought her CCP. Finally figured out that you need to rotate the locking catch to a point where it comes out. That allows the slide to close and then you can finagle the spring out of there. Then remove the slide and put the spring back in there, followed by inserting the locking catch. Then you're GTG. This gave me some fits for way to long lol.
This just happened to me... I was not able to push the locking catch in at all and had to remove it as per the instructions above then take off slide and reinsert spring and locking catch being careful not to bring the slide too far back as I did the first time which caused the issue in the first place.
popfischer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page
cz52 help slide stuck trying to reasemble
how to unstick a slide on all night pistol
jammed walther during reassembly
walther ccp installing slide
walther ccp jammed putting back together
walther ccp reassembly problems

walther ccp slide stuck

walther ccp slide stuck on reassembly
walther ccp slide stuck when reassembling
walther ccp stuck open
walther ccp stuck slide
walthers gun jammed
Click on a term to search for related topics.