Long trigger reset....Is it necessary? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #11

1917-1911M .38
Send me your pistol........I've got some hungry files just drooling at the though of chewing into a soft on the outside, crunchy in the middle, CCP.. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #12

Ekjunge .22
Well if Walther is listening, and you are suggesting that they make some changes, then they need to give us all the pistol that we were hoping for- the ergonomics of the CCP, with the trigger of a PPQ. It would be even better if they could keep the delayed blowback, cause it is way more accurate than a locked breech. I would even vote to keep the manual safety, or I am good with a trigger safety.

That gun (a compact PPQ) would sell! It would instantly become the top seller in a market full of also rans...
Walleyechaser likes this.
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #13

1917-1911M .38
The safety on all the CCPs I've handled moves too easily in both directions and the lever is on the wrong side of the pivot point. I would use the safety myself but I want it to snick, snick, snick where I put it and stay there....not be easily rotated. I'maoldfart can probably swap a PPQ trigger assembly into one. He seems to make a lot of stuff work.

How much rearward of the sear will the striker move? Would a bit longer sear with the face more toward the rear of the pistol....say, 0.010" allow reliable cocking and allow the drop safety to clear the striker as the slide is retracted over a cocked striker? I'll never know until I get one of these....not for shootin', just for measuring and playing with. M1911

Old 08-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #14

GP1935 .22
You could probably drill or file the detents in the safety pretty easily to make it "snickier". Pic of safety below.

Just eyeballing it, I'd guess that the striker foot can travel about 1/16th of an inch rearward of the sear. If anything, the sear face should be a smidgen forward (or the striker foot smidgen further back) to make cocking more reliable. I've had weaker ammo not cock the striker because the slide apparently didn't recoil far enough. Probably .02 to .03" would be enough. It looks to me like the drop safety would still hold the striker with that change.

1911M c'mon man, go buy yourself a CCP! You probably spend more on ammo every month than what it'll set you back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4400.JPG (476.2 KB, 14 views)
GP1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #15

1917-1911M .38
I've been maintaining all along that my policy is to let a new firearm have a year on the market before purchasing one. All of em, not just Walther. The drop safety and possibly other things have already been changed. I'm not sure what improvements can be made by an owner other than the typical spit, polish, breaking a few edges, cleaning and lubing. If the P22 and PK 380 can be used as a guide....look at 10 years or more before Walther slowly adds small improvements to the pistol. There are a couple of very simple things the P22 still needs and it took over ten years to get a thicker slide. How many years of slides cracking and hitting owners in the face should it take before a manufacturer does something about it.

What is the safety drum made of? Hope it isn't polymer. The wall between safe and fire appears pretty thin. M1911
Old 08-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #16

GP1935 .22
The safety is metal. Possibly MIM but not sure.
GP1935 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

can you shorten the trigger pull/reset on a walther ccp

ccp trigger won't reset

content

long trigger reset

walther ccp reset

what is it called when pistol has long reset

Click on a term to search for related topics.