Walther Forums banner

Butter smooth CCP trigger

21K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  1917-1911M 
#1 · (Edited)
Good news, the CCP trigger does smooth out! Here is how I made mine butter smooth.

Take the slide off. Take a q-tip and apply a drop or two of Hoppes num 9 to the trigger roller. On either side of the trigger assembly on the rear portion of the frame. Then start dry firing the pistol (without slide-frame only). I did this every night for about a week. When you are done for the night, give it a shot of Remington Dry lube (with Teflon). I put a shot on both sides of the trigger roller (cylinder- Num 10 on the parts breakdown in a following post) , and a shot on the two portions that connect to the slide.

Edit: Video attached

https://youtu.be/eJDgigKBmKU

Edited to appease the picky people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 · (Edited)
I thought that now someone would figure out what the source of grittiness is. It's obvious that it the triangular cylinder protrusion rubs against trigger bar in its matching triangular shape. When safety is disengaged and trigger pulled you can see the tiny groove made by this triangular shape at the bottom of engaging trigger bar. Because trigger bar is supported in the middle by plunger with spring it is impossible to brake in these surfaces because TB gives in a little each time trigger is pulled not allowing parts to be truly polished. That's why when trigger is pulled slowly there is always grittiness felt. Just tested this idea by pulling trigger bar upwards when pulling trigger and the jerky movement almost disappeared.

Update: after just 20 trigger pulls with trigger bar pulled upwards trigger improved more than hours of idle trigger pulls alone

#42 ·
The trigger grittiness is in the rear cylinder assembly. If you press down on the trigger bar and pull the trigger, the grittiness goes away. If the trigger bar was rubbing like you suggest, the grittiness would get worse when you press down on your trigger bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 · (Edited)
I was pulling trigger bar upwards from inside the frame to mesh parts better.
Today I put a dab of polishing media at described places an pulled trigger 40 times with the bar pressed upward. I flushed it with aerosol spray and lubed it with M-Pro7 lube. The trigger is smooth and about 3.5-4 lbs.

Update: Set to safety to on, pull the trigger and look inside the connection point between cylinder protrusion (the lowest point on trigger bar) you will see line engraved by the protrusion, this is the point where grittiness starts at about 1/8th" of trigger pull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.