Now's your chance-Walther rep and Member G43Shooter says he wants to hear CCP issues. - Page 41 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #401

Jimmyzie .22
update

Good day to all, Just an update regarding my CCP. Since my prior post in April I have had it to the range about three or four times. Except for one situation where the slide needed a "bump" with my palm to finish sliding forward each outing still has had at least one stovepipe occurrence. I usually put 50 rounds through at each outing but when Walther told me to shoot Winchester ammunition as the Armscor was "not good enough" I put 100 rounds of Winchester through it that day and followed up with about 35 rounds of Armscor. I had had the bump issue at about round number 55. Otherwise all good. Then at the next range outing, only Winchester ammo and defensive pistol practice I had had so many stovepipes that I had to switch guns at about 50 rounds. I love shooting this gun but it most definitely has some issues. I will be contacting Walther "again" in order to send it back to see if they can fix it . My springfield RO champion 1911 was much the same way. Front sight fell out, stovepipe at every turn until I sent it back on their dime. I have not an an issue with it since. Why can't they send them out the door in working order ? Be well and slainte !
Jimmyzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #402

1917-1911M .38
This thread needs the title changed....400+ posts and G43 never posted even once even though he once joined, told us who he was and would be participating. The discussion is valid...just not the title. Apparently he was not concerned with hearing about users comments. Oh well....

Bad engineering...Ford motor co had a problem with spark plugs staying tight in one of their V8 engines. Poorly designed...I have had $50 lawn mowers that the spark plugs would stay tight in and be easily unscrewed when a change was in order.. Not so for huge and 100 year old Ford. Their solution...revised but poorly engineered heads and plugs. Enter the 2000 era 5.4 liter V8 with two part plugs with extended ground straps. The top half of these plugs look like a regular spark plug. The bottom half has a 1 1/2" extended ground base that fits down through a hole in the head until the electrode is placed inside the chamber. Soon, carbon found its way up into the chamber, locking the bottom ground strap in place. The plugs were advertised as 100,000 mile plugs.

So, when it came time to change the plugs...many times the crimped on lower ground strap was securely locking into the head by carbon build up. That caused the plugs to break in half upon removal leaving a portion sitting deep inside the head. Early corrective efforts were to remove the heads.. Later a special tool was devised to allow a multi step process for pulling the stuck strap out. New plugs are of the same design, with the same problem. Fords solution was to add anti-seize compound to the lower strap and recommend a much more regular plug change. I asked the dealership how much for a plug change ... $1,200 if we don't break any I was told. "what do you mean if you don't break any?" I asked. I knew the story though. 400 page long thread on it at the F150 Forum. I bought the tool and changed my own. Yes, it was an all day process with four broken plugs. Ford finally changed the heads and plugs in 2008.

The point is....poor engineering is poor engineering regardless if some people were lucky enough to have all 8 of their plugs unscrew without breaking. This to me is the CCP. The front half seems to work fine...the problems are in the rear. And a bit of this or a bit of that isn't going to fix it. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #403

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyzie View Post
I usually put 50 rounds through at each outing but when Walther told me to shoot Winchester ammunition as the Armscor was "not good enough".......

Do you recall who told you that Armscor was not good enough and did they explain why? I have no experience with their ammo but according to their site Armscor is ISO 9001 certified and complies with SAAMI and CIP standards.

Just a FYI.....the CCP has failed with virtually every SAAMI 9mm ammo including Winchester. Unless Umarex has independent test data to support such claims and are willing to provide the data to the public they really should focus on fixing their own internal, design and manufacturing issues.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #404

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
This thread needs the title changed....400+ posts and G43 never posted even once even though he once joined, told us who he was and would be participating. 1917

He left Umarex approx. 15-18 months ago. How about renaming to "CCP Issues Umarex Does Not Want The Public To Know About?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #405

1917-1911M .38
I'm not sure i can do that.... I do know what comes up front and center should a potential customer Google " Walther CCP, any issues". Too bad Walther has that type of thread front and center on the net. 1917
Old 07-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #406

1917-1911M .38
Armscor did have issues with .22 ammo and their ammo blew up a few P22s and some other pistols. They replaced the ammo and purchased new pistols for the owners. I wrote to them and thanked them for doing the right thing and inquired into what the problem was. Again, 22 ammo. Weak brass, too much powder...I don't remember now. They sent me a folder full of stickers, etc. for as a thank you. I've never purchased any of their ammo but it was duly recorded regarding .22 rounds. This was perhaps three years ago. I don't know anything about their center fire ammo. Made in the Philippines isn't it? 1917
Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #407

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Made in the Philippines isn't it? 1917

They state they have two brands.....Armscor USA and Armscor Precision (Philippine). They do not differentiate as far as SAAMI or CIP standards and since they are a contributing SAAMI member and SAAMI is international I would think/hope production in both countries met the standards?
Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #408

russc2542 .22
Quote:
Armscor did have issues with .22 ammo and their ammo blew up a few P22s and some other pistols. They replaced the ammo and purchased new pistols for the owners. I wrote to them and thanked them for doing the right thing and inquired into what the problem was. Again, 22 ammo. Weak brass, too much powder...I don't remember now. They sent me a folder full of stickers, etc. for as a thank you. I've never purchased any of their ammo but it was duly recorded regarding .22 rounds. This was perhaps three years ago. I don't know anything about their center fire ammo. Made in the Philippines isn't it? 1917
Interesting. I'm about 700 rounds into a 1000 brick with no issues. Then again, purchased in the last year. Still won't buy it again, MV is all over the place, so is accuracy.
russc2542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #409

BOBLOCH11 .22
BOBLOCH11

[QUOTE=1917-1911M;403077]So, let's tell him. Politely. Thanks

2 THINGS TO HELP...PREMATURE SLIDE LOCK AFTER FIRING---THIS IS DUE CARBON BUILD UP IN THE PISTON TUBE. YOU MUST CLEAN THE PISTON TUBE ALMOST EVERY FEW HUNDRED RDS. IF THE CARBON BUILDS UP A LITTLE MORE, NOT ONLY WILL THE SLIDE LOCK ENGAGE WITH RDS. STILL IN THE MAGAZINE BUT THE SLIDE WILL NOT RETRACT FAR ENOUGH TO PICK UP THE FIRING PIN WITH THE SEAR.

I HAVE PUT ABOUT 7000 RDS. THRU MY CCP #007997 AND FIND IT VERY EASY TO TAKE DOWN IF U USE ABOUT A 3/4" PIECE OF PLASTIC TUBING OF
1/2" I.D. SLIP IT OVER THE SHORT PIECE OF THE BARREL, DEPRESS THE LOCKING CATCH AND PRESS DOWN ON THE PLASTIC TO MOVE THE SLIDE TO REAR ABOUT A 1/2" WHILE LIFTING UP ON THE LOCKING CATCH.
THIS IS A DIRTY GUN AND NEEDS CAREFUL CLEANING, BUT IN SPITE OF THE GOD AWFUL SCRATCHY, GRINDING,HORRIBLE TRIGGER,IT IS SUPER ACCURATE OUT TO 40 FT. (HAVEN'T TRIED IT LONGER DISTANCE.)
I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A CHEMICAL I COULD POUR INTO THE PISTON TUBE TO CLEAN THE CARBON BUILD UP. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ?????
MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
firearmjunkie likes this.
BOBLOCH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #410

Edelbd6c .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBLOCH11 View Post
I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A CHEMICAL I COULD POUR INTO THE PISTON TUBE TO CLEAN THE CARBON BUILD UP. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ?????
MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
I dip my wire brush in Hoppes 9 bore cleaner. I then use dry Q-tips to remove any fouling in the piston tube. I repeat the process until it is clean. I don't spin the Q-tips around very much once inside the piston tube, this is due to the fact that they leave behind tiny fibers.
Edelbd6c is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page
anybody able to find better sights for walther ccp?

best ammo for walther ccp

inproved walther ccp
walther ccp accidental discharge

walther ccp night sights for sale

walther ccp unintentional discharge
walther p22 target vs p22 short barrell
Click on a term to search for related topics.