Now's your chance-Walther rep and Member G43Shooter says he wants to hear CCP issues. - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #21

friej .22
Wife Finally Decides To Carry and New CCP FAILS!!!

After 17 years my wife finally decided to become a Concealed Carrier. We picked her new stainless CCP up a week ago and went to the range today to shoot. She fell in love with it. 95 flawless rounds until #96. The slide lock solid half way back and I couldn't release it. Took it back to the dealer and will wait to hear. They said since it's new they'll probably send it back to Walther.

Huge disappointment!! This is the first pistol I've ever bought that had an issue and it had to be my wife's 1st gun. She fell in love with it while it was working.
friej is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #22

Zebra .22
The one I had in my hands... well, my exact thought was "How could Walther let it out of the building?"
1917-1911M and IR007 like this.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #23

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by friej View Post
95 flawless rounds until #96. The slide lock solid half way back and I couldn't release it.
And therein lies the problem with this pistol with regard to self defense. It isn't reliable and you don't have any idea if it will run 100% or suffer a stoppage at the worst time. Will this happen after you get it back? Will it happen to Wildbill45 on round 703? The pistol is suffering numerous stoppages and something like the drop safety falling out and locking the slide is apparently something you cannot clear. Better have a back up gun on you. All firearms can have a stoppage from bad ammo, shooter error or dirt......but it should be something that can be cleared immediately. Broken springs, broken hammers, broken frames, broken firing pin, broken slides.....and you are out of the gunfight. Well, that is the way I see it. I might get a pistol as reliable as Wiildbill45s, or I might not, but with the amount of issues showing up....I simply could not trust this pistol to protect my life or that of a loved one. Put any kind of spin on it you want. This pistol isn't reliable enough. Hopefully Walther can sort it out. Bought a new self defense Walther today....it better run 100% or I won't have it long.

It is my opinion that all of these pistols are built very closely to one another. I've heard this over the past 10 years....I got a good one....I doubt that, my experience is they are all the same more or less. I've taken plenty apart and haven't seen any differences. Sure, they guy shooting CCI ammo is going to think he has a better pistol than the guy shooting Winchester or Federal. The difference is the ammo. M1911
84BravoJ8 and gene 1 like this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #24

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
The slide lock solid half way back and I couldn't release it. Took it back to the dealer and will wait to hear. They said since it's new they'll probably send it back to Walther.
After examining my CCP again to make sure I understood the "bump" there's little doubt that the cause of the firing pin safety drop is related to yet another roll pin failure. I know we had someone post photos of the roll pin in place but the issue could be the spacing between the wall and the safety such that a small outward movement of the pin would still allow the safety to drop and lock the slide to the rear.......similar to my roll pin issue involving the lacking catch. The shooter could probably fix that condition in the field by using a roll pin punch to press it inward as the firing pin safety is depressed slightly.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #25

ErichS .22
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the CCP, PPX and PK380 considered the Walther budget line of pistols? That said, wouldn't the quality be lower than their premium line of pistols? Either way, they should work perfectly right out of the box.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #26

gene 1 .22
This is a great & needed thread 1911. For what is worth, I am old & was looking forward to getting a CCP. The only gun I have seen lately that had this many complaints was the Remington R51.

Instead of the R51 I bought an XDs9 & it has been flawless plus it is easy ,for me, to rack & has minimum recoil for a light 9mm. Then I had a CCP ordered & canceled it when I heard of all the trouble & got an XD Mod2 9mm. It has been better than the XD barely, with a lighter rack & recoil.

I also bought a PK380 & got rid of it pretty quick as it was pretty tinny. Umarex just can't make real guns. I just carry my PPK or XDs.
gene 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #27

Zebra .22
ErichS, with that being said, how do we combine "budget line", "lower quality", and aggressive marketing as "Concealed Carry Pistol" that has only one very specific purpose - to be reliable with each and every shot when your life is on the line?
Especially, with all these "women's pistol" connotations, presuming that women are less experienced and less capable to rack the slide or handle a recoil. Would this be a counter intuitive to hand a budget quality firearm to the less experienced person?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #28

wildbill45 .22
Any gun is subject to failure on the next shot, but so is the shooter, the latter more likely.
wildbill45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #29
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill45 View Post
Any gun is subject to failure on the next shot, but so is the shooter, the latter more likely.
True, true. Just the other day, I was at the range, shoot my LC9...works like a champ and has NEVER failed me. I handed the pistol to another shooter and they had two jams right off the bat. I simply told em' they were limp wristing it and gave them some pointers.....worked perfect after that. So, absolutely, in some cases its the shooter, not the gun.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #30

myindians .22
I LOVE LOVE my CCP!!!! We have put hundreds of rounds through it.I mean 500-600 at least. It feels wonderful in my small hands and I love shooting it. I am going again today to shoot before we paint it.

My only complaints really is the take down and the slide was a little heavier than I thought it would have been. I have adjusted to the slide.

I will be honest and this post may be taken down because I am going to speak my mind. I have gotten tired of the negativity on this forum. Especially from the people that has not held, shot or purchase this gun. They speak of the guns that they like and compare them with the CCP. A CCP that they have not owned or shot yet. I have not been to this forum in weeks because of this. I come back and the same stuff is going on.

Please do not get me wrong, if you own two or three guns with a CCP, please compare or if you have shot a CCP along with your others, share. If not, My BLAH BLAH has set in.

We are all here to learn about the CCP and fix any issues that has or may occur.

I LOVE MY CCP!!!!!!
myindians is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page
anybody able to find better sights for walther ccp?

best ammo for walther ccp

inproved walther ccp
walther ccp accidental discharge

walther ccp night sights for sale

walther ccp unintentional discharge
walther p22 target vs p22 short barrell
Click on a term to search for related topics.