Now's your chance-Walther rep and Member G43Shooter says he wants to hear CCP issues. - Page 11 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #101
Supporting Member

Grunt67 .22
After all the posts on this dedicated thread, plus all the others, Walther
has to be aware of the unacceptable issues with the CCP.
Yet, we're still waiting for someone from Walther to make a public
statement regarding the issues, admit them, and give a detailed
schedule as to when this will be fixed, and quality product will be
on the shelves, and when & how the current customers can deal with their issues. Either repair to acceptable standards, or replacement.
I had high hopes for the CCP when it was announced, and had planned to buy one. Now, with all I've read, I wouldn't consider it.

Come on Walther, this is your loyal customer base you're putting in jeopardy, not to mention possible new customers not familiar with Walthers' normal high quality, that will be turned off by this one product.

Time to fix it or scrap it.
JMHO
vasurfer likes this.
Grunt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #102

1917-1911M .38
If we hear from Walther it will be rare indeed. Most manufacturers do not make public statements on forums. I expect most owners don't even get the full story when a firearm is serviced. Customer service people are not gun smiths nor are they allowed to play gunsmith when dealing with customers. The most explicit statement from a Manufacturer that I am aware of is the Remington statement regarding the R51. Due to reports from our loyal customers ( note, they didn't say from our skilled engineers and testers) that the pistol sucks....we have stopped production, are re-engineering the pistol, apologize for the problems and all who purchased the early pistol will be furnished a new pistol. Pretty rare in my opinion.

If Remington is going to be able to make the R51 work is still not known. If Walther can sort out the CCP is still unknown. I certainly fail to understand why all the defects in both pistols were not caught by Remington and Walther. Makes me wonder just how much testing is going on to begin with, are pre-production guns given over to hand fitting, are there screw ups when the pistols finally run down the assembly line and no further testing of those pistols. If it is a know fact to a manufacturer that "production" pistols can differ from pre-production pistols then the production pistols deserve the same amount of testing to make sure they are up to specs and reliably function. This obviously isn't happening. Get it right before you release it and if you can't chuck the whole thing into the waste bin. M1911
1917-1911M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 AM   #103

chandler5566 .22
First of all....I seriously doubt that any firearm manufacturer performs extensive or rigid testing. I suggest that they do not have and probably do not comprehend quality control standards as set forth by a number of industries and companies.....SixSigma being just one such process. I would bet a large sum that none of them perform testing to failure and that, at least for me, is an absolute must when you are manufacturing and selling weapons for personal and public defense.

Now, in the case of Germany there are avenues that could be used in an attempt to force a manufacturer of any product sold to the public to set up, track and identify issues....especially issues that could be dangerous to the safety and health of the public.

I am willing to bet that Walther senior management is keenly aware of the German liability laws and in particular the newest law identified as GPSG. Here for your reading pleasure is just one paragraph which I believe lays the groundwork for an alternative path to force a response and get the German government involved....if required.

THE GPSG

German law features the Appliances and Products Safety Act (the "GPSG"), which came into force on May 1, 2004.1 It encompasses a number of European product and safetyrelated directives,2 but it serves mainly to implement into national law the General Product Safety Directive, 2001/95/ EC (the "GPSD"). Again, a special law was created, rather than incorporating the GPSD into existing legislation, and terms taken from the GPSD must be interpreted in keeping with the GPSD and the ECJ's case law.
The GPSG has a preventive aim and sets out the standards to which a product or appliance must conform. It also sets out manufacturers' duties in cases of defective and dangerous products. Because the GPSG is public/ administrative law, rather than civil law, the state watches over manufacturers' adherence to it. It does not confer civil claims on individuals and aims to prevent product safety incidents.

If you would like to read more on the law here is the full url:

Product Liability Law In Germany - Consumer Protection - Germany
tech33009 likes this.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #104

1917-1911M .38
Thanks for the info.....I've got a shorter route though. If CCP purchases came to an abrupt and 100% stop this afternoon....things would change rapidly. M1911
1917-1911M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #105

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Thanks for the info.....I've got a shorter route though. If CCP purchases came to an abrupt and 100% stop this afternoon....things would change rapidly. M1911
Absolutely!.....but the manufacturers rely on the lack of widespread and public communication as well as a very loose, if any, oversight system to keep sales alive. The only way to do what you suggest is a formal public announcement.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #106
Supporting Member

Grunt67 .22
I understand what you guys are saying, and it seems that with Walther, and yes, the Rem R51, and likely others, the policy seems to be, run it thru the production line,
get it in the store.....than take the phone off the hook.
Auto manufactures have issues as well. They have recalls, sometimes voluntary, sometimes forced, but usually it gets addressed.
Walther may not address this directly on a forum, but it could at least trickle down from reliable sources, as to what, if anything, is being done. Leaving us totally in the
dark is unacceptable.
As Chandler said, maybe we need to get the word out & shut sales down ,
( optimistic, I know ). Not likely.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #107

chandler5566 .22
I would prefer a senior priority on issues like the non-cocking striker and a more active role with communication from Walther engineers and senior level staff. The idea is make it safe, make it better and make it meet 100 years of solid reputation for excellence in products.
vasurfer likes this.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #108
Supporting Member

Grunt67 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
I would prefer a senior priority on issues like the non-cocking striker and a more active role with communication from Walther engineers and senior level staff. The idea is make it safe, make it better and make it meet 100 years of solid reputation for excellence in products.

I'll drink to that.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #109

Dragonheart .22
I have several Walther's and my PPQ's stand out above them all. In fact I think the PPQ is the best polymer handgun on the market. So as a loyal supporter of Walther it makes me angry so see what could have been one of the best polymer carry handguns fail because of poor design and inadequate testing. And yes the CCP will continue to sell to the maybe one box a year shooters or women that just put the gun in their purse and feel protected. But they won't be selling one to me!
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Dragonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #110

vasurfer .22
I think we all agree that it is well past time for a response from Walther. That being said, I think M1911 and others are right, Walther has nothing to gain at the moment in announcing that they have "officially" recognized the problems. As long as sales continue, they will be reluctant to interrupt the revenue stream.

Some of us waited several months to get our hands on the CCP. It is disappointing that there are so many problems, but I'll keep mine for the time being, in hopes of resolution.
vasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page
anybody able to find better sights for walther ccp?

best ammo for walther ccp

inproved walther ccp
walther ccp accidental discharge

walther ccp night sights for sale

walther ccp unintentional discharge
walther p22 target vs p22 short barrell
Click on a term to search for related topics.