CCP Problems and Issues - Running thread. - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree286Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #21

Jtf101 .22
I sent an email to everyone listed in the contact listing thread. Hopefully they live up to that quality customer service. Thanks for your help, I'll keep everyone posted.
Jtf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #22

PPQM299 .22
Walther Quality Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtf101 View Post
I picked my CCP up today and was pretty appalled at its condition. ...
Really disturbing that any company would ship a product in that condition (unless otherwise disclosed). If I had to guess, no one in QC looked at it. It may have even been shipped in error, which goes back to the QC process. Looks like Walther has some internal issues to fix.

Last edited by searcher451; 12-31-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: bandwidth
PPQM299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #23

olstyn .22
Quote:
*Pictures Uploaded*
If that was a 1911, we'd be asking who let some bubba with a dremel get at it. Those tool marks are nasty, esp on the outside of the barrel in the 2nd pic. My P99c looks WAY better with 4000+ rounds through it than that CCP does new. It seems absurd that they'd ship something looking like that, even if it's functionally perfect.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #24

falcopilot .22
Quote:
I picked my CCP up today and was pretty appalled at its condition.
*Pictures Uploaded*
Those pictures are horrifying! Is Walther manufacturing these in China? If this is how they're coming through, I will have to reconsider buying one, at least until they sort out the QC issues.
falcopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #25

Jtf101 .22
Something clearly went wrong at the factory and it'd be nice to get a statement or something. There's been too many of these for it to be a coincidence. Even after seeing a few of these pop up on the forums I was shocked to see it in such terrible shape. It looks like a prototype.

Last edited by Jtf101; 12-31-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Jtf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #26

PPQrules .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volley22 View Post
PPQrules, I guess you missed it - that was sarcasm. M1911 has been around the block a few times.
Well, he said he heard it on the net, so it must be true.
1917-1911M likes this.
PPQrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #27

vasurfer .22
Quote:
Something clearly went wrong at the factory and it'd be nice to get a statement or something. There's been too many of these for it to be a coincidence. Even after seeing a few of these pop up on the forums I was shocked to see it in such terrible shape. It looks like a prototype.
Could this possibly be related to what I heard about "unauthorized" CCP's in circulation? If Walther is indeed monitoring this forum, I would expect some sort of response. After all, it is their reputation on the line.
vasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #28

IndyPPQman .22
Wow, my CCP looked way better than that one with the marks all over it.
I've broken my apart and put it back together about 8-10 times and it's getting easier to do. I think I have the hang of it now.
I took a dremel polishing tool to my ramp area and chamber and it cleaned up very nice and slick.
After 200-250 rounds, the only trouble I'm having with my CCP now is an occasional feed failure where the slide doesn't completely go into battery and I have to bump it forward.
If I use 115 gr factory ammo, it's run 99% so far. only one FTF.
Hopefully the polishing I did will cure that.
I still need to get a couple hundred more rounds through it.
Other than that, it's been pretty good.
IndyPPQman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #29

1917-1911M .38
You will find that it is very, very rare if ever that a firearms manufacturer will comment on a public Forum. Why would they? Where would they start and where would they end. I'm just glad that Walther is monitoring this and some other sites.

Indy, what seems to be stopping the slide from fully moving forward? The power is the recoil spring. The piston must be moved forward, the slide must move forward, the rear of the slide must move over the retracted striker, the next round must be stripped from the magazine and chambered. Is there something specific that seems to be stopping movement of the slide? Does the recoil spring seem to have enough energy to complete the cycle. And, how hard is the slide to cycle? Does it live up to being very easy? I had heard early on some caparisons to a .22. Recently I head a comparison to a BG .380. I don't consider that one too be too easy. Mine isn't, actually much harder than many full size pistols.. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #30

wildbill45 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
Picked up mine about an hour ago, looks good but unfortunately I'll not be able to shoot it today. One early issue, it is a NIGHTMARE to disassemble, the tool is virtually worthless and I thought that was bad until I tried to reassemble it. Why oh why couldn't it have come apart like the Q & 99?!
use a screwdriver to undo and the tool to put it back together or the screwdriver
wildbill45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Tags
one more thing to check

Search tags for this page
ccp problems
problems with walther ccp
walther ccp

walther ccp 9mm problems

walther ccp forum

walther ccp issues

walther ccp jamming
walther ccp m2 9mm problems
walther ccp m2 problems
walther ccp malfunction problems

walther ccp problems

walther ccp recall

Click on a term to search for related topics.