CCP or PPS for Female to Conceal Carry - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Walther Wood .22
CCP or PPS for Female to Conceal Carry

Hey, y'all. Wondering if I could get a few opinions on a pistol for for a small handed female to conceal carry? She has a S&W .32 revolver now but says it's too heavy in her pocketbook . Between the CCP or PPS, which pistol do you think would be a better choice for her to carry? She is a smaller woman with little hands and the bigger handled pistols leave her feeling like she doesn't have a good hold on it. Thank you in advance for any help.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-20-2019, 08:09 PM   #2

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
The lady in question should spend some time with each pistol, of course this involves shooting them, not merely looking at them and holding them.

I'd choose the PPS first, but then, I'm biased and have read too many threads about problematic units here and other places.

The PPS is probably a little heavier, but I've never had issue with my .40, and the time my 9mm crapped the bunk was due to bad parts. Walther's CS hooked me up bigger n' ship
Old 09-21-2019, 01:25 AM   #3

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post
The lady in question should spend some time with each pistol, of course this involves shooting them, not merely looking at them and holding them.
Good advice here.

I have small hands with short fingers and have to trouble operating my PPS M2.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:14 AM   #4

Vandal320 .22
She might not like either. The SIG P365 is another small lightweight option.
extremist likes this.
WALTHER PPQ M2 .45 ACP
WALTHER P99C 9MM
WALTHER PPS M1 9MM
WALTHER PPS M2 LE 9MM
WALTHER PPX 9MM
Vandal320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

1942bull .22
My first thought is that assuming your wife is carrying a small revolver wither posit you mention is going to be much heavier. a 38 sp J frame revolver.is going to weigh in at about 15 to 16 ounces unloaded. Both of the Walther models you mention are going to weight 21 to 22 ounces unloaded.

I have a PPS M2. It is an excellent gun, but even though the grip is only 1inch wide it is not small in the hand because it has to accommodate a magazine. The differences in specs between the PPS M2 and the CCP M2 are almost insignificant. My purchase research led me to believe that the PPS M2 was the better choice. It accommodate either a 6, 7, or 8 round magazine and the 6 round is the lightest and smallest configuration.

Another factor is racking the slide of the pistol. If you know the proper method it is not an issue for the average person, but small hands might make it harder. While I would recommend she shoot each gun at range that has them as rentals, I think you should first compare them at a Walther dealer. No point in renting them if they do not fit her hand and she cannot rack them.

The link below leads to the Walther catalog for 2019. The specs of the CCP M2 and PPS M2 are therein. You will see they are near identical. Both are very good guns. Best of luck in your search for the right gun.

https://waltherarms.com/catalog/WALT...19-CATALOG.pdf

Just thought os a possible alternative. Look at the specs for a Walther PPK in 380 ACP. Much smaller gun than the others and a better self defnse round than the 32 she is carrying.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Last edited by 1942bull; 09-21-2019 at 08:34 AM.
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #6

3JFamily .22
My wife has small hands and ended up with a EC9s instead of my CCP M1. I carry a LC9s Pro. Essentially the same as EC9s without safeties.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...walther-ccp-m2

Pic of LC9s Pro laid on top of a CCP M1 for size comparo

3JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #7

Kar98 .22
I know this is a Walther forum, and specifically the CCP sub forum, but when the PPS and the CCP came out, the Sig P238/938/Kimber Micro/Micro 9 and the Sig P365 didn't exist yet, all of which have several advantages of the PPS and CCP, as in size and/or capacity.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #8

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post

I'd choose the PPS first, but then, I'm biased and have read too many threads about problematic units here and other places.

The PPS is probably a little heavier, but I've never had issue with my .40, and the time my 9mm crapped the bunk was due to bad parts. Walther's CS hooked me up bigger n' ship

Thunderbird has it right. She should really shoot a few small pistols and see what she likes.

It's like running shoes. You have to try them on and see how they feel.

The point someone made about the J frame revolver weights. The weights very depending on the material they are constructed off, barrel length and profile. You easily get 20-23 ounces with a steel frame.

I have no idea exactly which model the lady carries but am just pointing out the steel framed versions are quite a bit heavier than the alloy models.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #9

extremist Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
She might not like either. The SIG P365 is another small lightweight option.
You do yourself and your wife a disservice if you don't let her try a P365.

My wife love hers and I carry my P365XL everyday. Now my daughter is going to start carrying again and it's going to be the P365 she shot today.
NRA Endowment
NRA Instructor Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, HFS, RSO
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
ShootPointBlank.Com North Richland Hills LTC
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #10

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremist View Post
You do yourself and your wife a disservice if you don't let her try a P365.

My wife love hers and I carry my P365XL everyday. Now my daughter is going to start carrying again and it's going to be the P365 she shot today.

I don't even like pistols in the size range of the P365, yet after shooting yours, would consider it for my EDC.
Target99 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP