WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #11

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I don't even like pistols in the size range of the P365, yet after shooting yours, would consider it for my EDC.
I've shot a couple of different P365s and liked the experience. Sig did a great job of producing a 10+1 format gun in the smallest possible package while still being highly shootable.

Still...I still have some lingering doubts over the durability of the gun. I want to be wrong and I'm sure it's getting better. I'm a believer in training with your carry gun. Train until its effective use at speed is instinctive.

Reading reviews where someone says they have "over 200 rounds without an issue" doesnt really inspire much confidence. I call that Tuesday evening.

Tell me I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. Lol
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #12

1096369fred Unproven
Just to be a little different.... I would recommend a Ruger LCR in .38 or 9mm (if she can find one!) It is very light weight... In an ankle glove holster, I often forget it is even there.... With light loads it is comfortable and concealable....not to mention familure manual of Arms..... Point and click!
1096369fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #13

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
I call that Tuesday evening.
Wednesday and/or Saturday for me LOL

Old 09-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #14

extremist Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
Tell me I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. Lol
Okay you're wrong.

800+ through mine and it's a 3/2018 gun. NO issues.

Carry Trainer has "thousands" of rounds through his - yes, he did have one that the striker broke on - he's been very vocal about that - BUT he still loves the gun, and carries and shoots the "snot" out of his. Now he's carrying the P365XL too.
NRA Endowment
NRA Instructor Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, HFS, RSO
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
ShootPointBlank.Com North Richland Hills LTC
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #15

justgce .22
You should discuss with her the carrying of a round in the chamber... and wether a manual safety is desired or not. I advocate for manual safeties because I want an on/off switch that says “gun will fire vs gun won’t fire” and that is the manual of arms for me. And, of course an unloaded chamber is not a good answer. Love my CCP - never had any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Walther Wood likes this.
justgce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #16

Walther Wood .22
Thank you all for the replies and wonderful information to take into consideration. I have the Walther catalog and have studied it fairly well hence narrowing it down to the PPS vs. CCP within offerings from Walther. I agree she should fire whatever pistol she initially thinks will work to confirm it will indeed be the right pistol for her to carry. Having no experience with either model is why I figured I would ask the folks in the know. IMO, whatever model or brand one chooses, it should feel good in the hand from the first time it's gripped. Not to take anything away from any well-made firearm but some pistols just don't fit well in all hands. The Beretta 92FS that I just had to have is a good example (thank you Lethal Weapon and Die Hard although I think those were Model 92F's but I digress). Got the pistol, tickled to still have it all these years later and have never really liked it. Great pistol, shoots wonderfully, but never felt as good in my hand as any Walther or Colt 1911. Y'all have given me a great deal of things to think about and share with the (oops) my wife. Thank you, again.
Jimmo952 likes this.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #17

JackSprat .22
Fit is the touch-stone. . . In 380: G42 is light and needs trigger work; Sig P238 fits some women very well and the controls are right for someone who shoots 1911. Small 9mm: Glock G43 with trigger work; out of stock LC9s Pro or the simple replacement from Ruger; Sig P365 is on the heavy end, but if one practices is expected to be most accurate (can have with or without thumb safety - great sights); and the best fit of all small 9mm is the VP9SK with multiple grip adjustments and good trigger when one replaces a few parts with H&K parts (need to try combinations - will find one set that is just right). PPQ-SC is not recommended as it has only two grip choices (too big and too small). PPS-M2 seems too large and heavy, but I use one in belt holster. CCP-m2 also is nice, but probably too heavy.
Most easy to shoot and rack is M&P EZ in 380 - but it is probably too large for most women to carry.
Next to grip fit, ability to rack and operate the controls (including changing magazines) needs to be checked. I worked up - with a lot of effort - a Springfield 3.3 in 9mm to where the trigger and racking were acceptable for a female IDPA competitor only eventually to have the pistol rejected because of difficulty changing magazines.

If she likes shooting, I guess she will love the P365. Mac with several women clients
JackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #18

arthouse .22
It took me the better part of a year to try various guns, calibers before I finally found the right one for me. I kept a spread sheet of the pros/cons of each gun accompanied by other notes. I have average size hands. My problem was not having much hand strength. I finally settled on the Sig Sauer P238 .380. I love it! I can rack it, take it apart, clean it, all with no problems. I also have a Walther CCP. I can shoot it & rack it just fine. I do NOT have the hand strength to take it apart for cleaning due to the extremely poor design. Even the big burly guys at 2 gun ranges have a hard time with it. I called Walther & spoke with a technician who told me how easy it was to take apart while talking down to me like I was imagining the difficulty! I am going to sell it & NEVER buy another Walther product. Hope this helps your lady!
arthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:02 AM   #19

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthouse View Post
It took me

LOL. Another troll who hit on the google keyword "CCP" and judges a brand by it's most talked about and problematic pistol.

If you read this, arthouse, try the PPS or even the PPQc. Worlds different in quality than the CCP. Fact.

As to the thread subject, carry on...
Old 09-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #20

Walther Wood .22
Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate the information. She saw the PK380 over my shoulder while I was on the website and, because she saw it in pink...Geez...she wants to check that one out. I don't see it offered in the catalog, though. I do like the double action feature and the price point of the PK380 but I have no experience with that particular pistol.
@arthouse . I hate that you had a negative experience with both the pistol and the customer service representative. I have had nothing but positive experiences with both my entire life. I would hope you would reconsider owning a Walther product. As a lifelong Walther customer, I can state with no reservation or uncertainty that they make a fine, world class, top-shelf product. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you sharing your experience with me.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP