Are all CCP triggers as bad as my new one? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #1

Ralph G .22
Are all CCP triggers as bad as my new one?

I just got a new CCP-M2 and love the ergos, and it appears as well made as the reviews claim. The trigger on mine is the worst of any gun I've fired and I've fired many in my 82 years, including several striker-fired pistols.

Maybe I expected too much, but the trigger moves rearward in 3 stages: an easy take up of 3/8", followed by another 1/8" of of stiff take up and (Finally) another 1/8" of even stiffer take up and then Bang!.

Will firing a few boxes relieve this? I rather doubt it but will accept advice of experienced CCP users. I don't want to return the pistol as Walther allows in the first 30 days, but I'd like to send it back for their inspection. It's a perfect size for concealed carry and I'm going to keep it, but if there's a happy ending re the trigger, I'd be relieved.
Thanks, Ralph
Ralph G is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #2

G. I. Shooter .22
I believe we all had the same experiences. Once cured there will always be that long travel but you can make it a smooth travel. Go on youtube and punch in walther ccp butter smooth trigger and do what this shooter did, and as I did as it works. Don't forget that CCP stands for Concealed Carry Pistol. The CCP is not a firearm to enter in a target shoot out but to carry. Carry firearms can not have a touchy trigger as I am sure you are aware of. The CCP feels good, great to carry and can get the job done. The reassemble is a bit of a pain but so are some of the others. Watch youtube on proper disassemble and don"t do what I did as parts will come out flying!
Fritzdecatze likes this.
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #3

Ralph G .22
Thank you, GI Shooter. I watched the video and am doing as it suggests.

Ralph

Old 09-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph G View Post
Are all CCP triggers as bad as my new one?
Most emphatically, NO!

Because consistency is the hallmark of high-quality manufacture, you may rest assured that some CCP triggers are even worse than yours.

M
Thinkology likes this.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #5

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
Most emphatically, NO!

Because consistency is the hallmark of high-quality manufacture, you may rest assured that some CCP triggers are even worse than yours.

M
This is funny as heck and so true. The problem is not so much long or heavy as it is inconsistent and gritty.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #6

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph G View Post
Thank you, GI Shooter. I watched the video and am doing as it suggests.

I hope that process works for you. My gen1 required a lot of polishing to eliminate the gritty multi-stage pull.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #7

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
This is funny as heck and so true. The problem is not so much long or heavy as it is inconsistent and gritty.

CCP grit definition: More like the scene in "The Pink Panther" when Clouseau drops the bottle of pills on the bathroom floor and then walking across the floor with that loud crunching sound.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #8

Ralph G .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
Most emphatically, NO!

M
Oh, good (I think). I feel better already!

Ralph
Old 09-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #9

Jimmyt1418 .22
I've had my CCP M2 for almost a year and have put around 1,000 rounds through it. It wasn't getting any better.
I watched a how-to video so I would know what to expect, then I completely disassembled the pistol. I sanded every single part with 2000 grit sandpaper then polished everything with my Dremel & polishing wheel. I sanded and polished the striker and striker channel in the slide. I even sanded the little red plastic indicator that sticks out the back of the slide because I noticed it tended to rub on the side of the hole it protrudes through.
Basically, I put in a full afternoon & evening worth of work, but it is now smooth as can be with a 4lb 4oz trigger pull. There does feel to be a soft wall just at the break, not necessarily "crisp", but now it's better than many others striker pistols I've fired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190923_194747_1569286230787.jpg (102.4 KB, 7 views)
Jimmyt1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #10

TolusD .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyt1418 View Post
I've had my CCP M2 for almost a year and have put around 1,000 rounds through it. It wasn't getting any better.
I watched a how-to video so I would know what to expect, then I completely disassembled the pistol. I sanded every single part with 2000 grit sandpaper then polished everything with my Dremel & polishing wheel. I sanded and polished the striker and striker channel in the slide. I even sanded the little red plastic indicator that sticks out the back of the slide because I noticed it tended to rub on the side of the hole it protrudes through.
Basically, I put in a full afternoon & evening worth of work, but it is now smooth as can be with a 4lb 4oz trigger pull. There does feel to be a soft wall just at the break, not necessarily "crisp", but now it's better than many others striker pistols I've fired.

I'm planning to do the same thing but with Flitz instead of sandpaper. I find that Flitz takes a bit longer but the results are the same without the risk of accidentally removing enough material to screw something up. Can you link a good video that shows the complete disassembly and reassembly of the lower?
TolusD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP