Worth it to upgrade to the CCP M2? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

UFOGTO .22
Worth it to upgrade to the CCP M2?

I recently bought the CCP. Didnt know much about it at the time and didnt know they had an M2 version.

I like shooting this gun. Its accurate, its not too big, and it fits my hand pretty well. But then comes the part where I have to take this gun apart. And after doing this several times I think I would rather get a root canal. So I am considering selling my CCP and looking into getting a CCP M2. And if not that then something else that is much easier to disassemble and reassemble.

So for those of you that own the M2, how different is the reassembly process? Any pain in the butt details that I should be aware of? I saw the video on the website, but that doesnt really provide too much detail.
UFOGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #2

G. I. Shooter .22
The M2 is much easier than the first CCP, but, before take down you must decock the firearm or parts will fly! So pull the trigger in order that you release the tension off the spring. If you see the red indicator on the rear of the firearm do not begin take down or parts will fly!
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:37 AM   #3

gf113 .22
I'd say no. the original is stil simple to take down. Sure you need a tool, but it ust a small punch, or a paperclip ect.
gf113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #4

Meho1277 .22
No, take it apart some more. Some people reassemble with the barrel pointing up and the piston just swinging around, it can be a pain this way especially in low light. Hold the slide horizontally, so the piston hangs down, get it started in its bore, about an 1/8 in, push the slide down over the barrel and then back. When you do it enough, you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed.
I once did a video, which I can't find right now, but i disassemble and reassembled in 28 seconds. I keep the tool on my key ring.
Meho1277 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:58 PM   #5

3JFamily .22
Once you get used to it, disassembly isn't so bad.

There is a newer longer, improved metal tipped takedown tool available from Walther.
I sent them an email and they sent me a new tool.

3JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:46 PM   #6

Mountain Walker .22
Try watching several different videos to get tips. Do disassembly and assembly several more times and you will get better. While the take down of a CCP is an awkward process, consider the S&W Shield. The Shield recoil spring assembly is so stiff that assembly can be VERY difficult to get back together. When I consider the Walther’s easy to rack slide, the CCP assembly difficulties are further diminished.
Mountain Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #7

UFOGTO .22
Thanks for the advice everyone. I spent another hour or two playing with it. Taking it apart and putting it back together. It's not as bad as I originally thought. I'll be keeping the CCP to use as my carry pistol.

I do not expect to be taking it apart the CCP too often. I favor my full size Sig at the range and that one is ridiculously easy to clean. Perhaps it spoiled me a little.
UFOGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #8

G. I. Shooter .22
You want something to spoil you then try a Ruger Mark 4 Hunter! Push the button the rear and there will be all 3 pieces in your hand in "1" second, now that's fast!!!
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #9

Target99 .22
Like the original poster, I love my CCP for everything except tear-down and cleaning. It's a pain. I have considered selling it for that reason alone. Root canal?? ……………. Yes!
Target99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP