Lost Spring Assembly Cover - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #1

byoungman .22
Lost Spring Assembly Cover

So I was cleaning my new CCP M2 for the first on Saturday and when I was disassembling it the Spring Assembly popped out and the cover went flying. I emailed Customer Service asking them how to get a replacement cover or assembly. In the event that I donít hear back from Walther and I canít find the cover my question is can I still use the weapon or is it unusable?

Thanks,
Bill
byoungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #2

G. I. Shooter .22
The same thing happened to me and many others. Call Walther customer service at 479-242-8500 Ext 507. I asked for 2 more and they sent them! Great customer service!!
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #3

byoungman .22
Thanks just got of the phone with them and they are sending me another one

Old 08-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #4

G. I. Shooter .22
You might already know this but to keep that from happening pull the trigger before field stripping as this lets the tension off the spring. You should not see the red indicator on the rear of the firearm before take down. If you see the red indicator, and begin the field strip, get ready for flying parts!
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #5

Kar98 .22
Which is why it's always a good idea to study the manual for your gun. Half my guns require the action to be cocked for disassembly, the other half to be decocked.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #6

byoungman .22
I read the manual but didnít see anything about not seeing the red indicator so thatís exactly what happened-flying parts. I found a good You Tube video that points this out so Iíll know next.

Thanks everyone
Old 10-07-2019, 04:34 AM   #7

Mountain Walker .22
I contacted Walther and requested 2 spares as I found the original a day later in an adjoining room. They were happy to send me 2 covers and charge my credit card $10.50. I thought this was a bit steep since the little disks could be taped to a piece of paper and sent in a standard envelope for 50 cents. This is a horrendous design and it would seem logical to provide a few spares.
Mountain Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #8

ronzonie .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Walker View Post
I contacted Walther and requested 2 spares as I found the original a day later in an adjoining room. They were happy to send me 2 covers and charge my credit card $10.50. I thought this was a bit steep since the little disks could be taped to a piece of paper and sent in a standard envelope for 50 cents. This is a horrendous design and it would seem logical to provide a few spares.
hmmm, seems you haven't got a concept how shipping departments work. Cost of shipping is the least of the costs, in many cases. What about the cost of manufacture? The cost of labor to pick the items? How about preparing the shipping label? What about packing the items properly, and applying the shipping label and sealing the package? And, of course, don't forget removing those two pieces from available inventory?

Oh, by the way, if you had called and politely asked for ONE, as suggested earlier, you might have gotten ONE OR TWO for FREE.
ronzonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 AM   #9

Mountain Walker .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzonie View Post
hmmm, seems you haven't got a concept how shipping departments work. Cost of shipping is the least of the costs, in many cases. What about the cost of manufacture? The cost of labor to pick the items? How about preparing the shipping label? What about packing the items properly, and applying the shipping label and sealing the package? And, of course, don't forget removing those two pieces from available inventory?

Oh, by the way, if you had called and politely asked for ONE, as suggested earlier, you might have gotten ONE OR TWO for FREE.
GI shooter asked for two also and got them for free. The staff at Walther were very nice and had a good laugh about my escapist part. They gave me a discount on shipping so the spring covers cost a little more than $5 each. Still with that design and the propensity for that tiny part to go missing, it might be a good idea to include a couple of spares in the box.
Your sarcastic tone and unfounded accusation of rudeness reflect poorly on you and may violate forum rules.
Mountain Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #10

ronzonie .22
sorry if the truth offends you, but those statements are intended to provide factual information. And my sources are experiential, as I spent most of my adult life in and around shipping environments, which include shipping by truck, ship, rail, air and small package/courier/postal carriage.

ps: the place to get special treatment is from customer service, NOT the shipping department.

Last edited by ronzonie; 10-14-2019 at 11:39 AM.
ronzonie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Tags
ccp, spring assembly