Cure for Defective Trigger - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #1

Mountain Walker .22
Cure for Defective Trigger

I have a CCP M2 with a defective trigger. I am experiencing grittiness and hesitation during the trigger pull. The hesitation appears intermittently, but it can be very noticeable and disruptive to the trigger stroke. I reviewed a YouTube video in which the author claimed Remington Dry lube improved the trigger pull on his CCP M2.

Alternatively, I could send it in to Walther to have their Gunsmithy take a look at the pistol.
Mountain Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Walker View Post
I have a CCP M2 with a defective trigger. I am experiencing grittiness and hesitation during the trigger pull. The hesitation appears intermittently, but it can be very noticeable and disruptive to the trigger stroke. I reviewed a YouTube video in which the author claimed Remington Dry lube improved the trigger pull on his CCP M2.
Did you try the lube suggestion? Your description is common and the methods to corret vary from one owner to another. You could call Ft Smith first and get their input. If you don't like what you hear you have these options:

1. Watch Ek's video describing the complete disassembly and polishing
procedure (
).

2, Contact a local gunsmith who works on smoothing troublesome triggers.

3. I used the following local (Tempe,AZ) gunsmith. I had performed my
own trigger job and got it much smoother but after Ft Smith returned
the CCP following their recall the trigger was very gritty and rough. The
Trigger Guy not only smoothed all grit and roughness out but the trigger
pull weight was reduced to 4.6lb.

The Trigger Guy
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #3

Mountain Walker .22
Thank you for the comprehensive answer. The video makes it abundantly clear that quality of the finish on internal parts is the culprit. For that price point they canít do it by hand, so unless Walther manufacturing can improve quality of manufactured parts, this pistol will not get better.

For now the factory has agreed to take a look at it and see if there is anything they can do. Looking at the Trigger Guy web site, I would say you lucked out having him local. The repair of the CCP trigger looks very labor intensive, what did he charge for repair of you CCP M2?
Mountain Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #4

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Walker View Post
For now the factory has agreed to take a look at it and see if there is anything they can do. Looking at the Trigger Guy web site, I would say you lucked out having him local. The repair of the CCP trigger looks very labor intensive, what did he charge for repair of you CCP M2?
I would be surprised if Ft Smith does anything to smooth the trigger but who knows.....they might surprise a number of us.

He did 3 trigger jobs and each was a different price. I believe the CCP was $110. Keep in mind that you can mail yours to him.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

1917-1911M .38
A large part of the problem is the geometry of the system, specifically the small amt of leverage the trigger bar has when tasked with rotating the cylinder. Rough edges only make it worse. Even the trigger bar engagement against the sear in a P22 is an excellent design with a lot of trigger leverage. If I had one of these...I'd blow out the whole cylinder through the top with Gunscrubber while operating the trigger, then compressed air. Repeat. Then use a very light lubricant and blow most of that out.

If cleaning/lubing helps this issue.....how about filling the entire cylinder with grease, pack it in like we used to do when packing wheel bearings. Then, dirt couldn't get into the inner works. Wash and repack every 500 rounds or so. There probably should just be a grease zerk fitting installed on the side of the slide so a grease gun can be attached. Work on that one will you Mr. Chandler...... 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #6

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
There probably should just be a grease zerk fitting installed on the side of the slide so a grease gun can be attached. Work on that one will you Mr. Chandler...... 1917

Please....don't be giving Arnsberg any ideas!
Old 08-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #7

GeoNole94 .22
“Lifetime warranty” is your friend
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #8

G. I. Shooter .22
There is a youtube video for the ccp trigger called butter smooth trigger fix and it works! I used it on mine and my trigger is a long very smooth pull!
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #9

captjimtacco .22
I have a CCP m2 which has the worst ever trigger I have experienced on any firearm. It is absolutely terrible with the grittiness, unexpected and inconsistent sear release as well as the inconsistent trigger press effort it exhibits. I started with the "butter smooth trigger fix" recommended by G.I. Shooter. It helped only a little bit. I then tried the take down and polishing video routine recommended by Chandler5566. That made it less gritty, but it still wasn't anywhere near a smooth trigger. The two above procedure reduced the grittiness by about half. Finally I used a lot of Rem Dri Lube and it gave me the best results. I didn't lube all of the points at once recommended in the above video, but did one spot sat a time to try to determine where the unwanted friction was occurring. It wasn't until I really hit the trigger bar with Dri Lube at the point where it makes contact with the protrusion on the cylinder that I got the best results. In total, the three things I tried turned a really terrible trigger in a much better but still not good trigger. The trigger press still has a gritty feel to it that requires varying pressure to press the trigger to the rear.The striker/sear release is predictable and consistent now which has improved my groups.

A word of warning. The above video does a nice job of explanation of the tear down of the system housing of the basic CCP. The M2 has an additional spring and bolt which powers the locking block release which may go flying when you remove the system housing from the frame. After take down I found an unknown spring and detent, which Walther calls a bolt, on the floor. I couldn't figure out where it went until I got an illustrated parts breakdown at the Walther website. To reassemble just push it into the hole while you are inserting the system housing back into the frame.
captjimtacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #10

Meho1277 .22
Some of the so called grittiness comes from the polymer trigger rubbing on the polymer frame, when I had the trigger block out, I relieved some of the polymer material on the frame, where the trigger possibly rubs. This, and all the polishing, mentioned by others, has made a butter smooth trigger on mine.
Meho1277 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

trigger guy on waltherforum

Click on a term to search for related topics.