Is the CCP m2 a good gun and other comparisons? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 07:03 AM   #1

Ralph III .22
Is the CCP m2 a good gun and other comparisons?

New member here so Hello Everyone!

I am considering a new 9mm ccw and would like some input please. Just FYI, I have been shooting for over 46yrs so I have a lot of experience with firearms. I just don't have a lot of experience with striker fired guns. Anyhow, I have researched and handled a lot of guns over the last year so the following met my criteria but I have not been able to get my hands on any to shoot with exception of Bersa.

1. Bersa Bp9cc. I ended up purchasing this gun several weeks ago but I was extremely disappointed in it's trigger, despite rave reviews. It was very gritty and causing issues with precision shots. I dry fired the trigger 500-600 times and ran around 150rds through it to no avail. It is at the Service Center at the moment because they feel there may be a bur or such and need polishing.

I however think it is just an inherent feature of striker fired guns being used to very smooth DA/SA guns.

2. Walther CCP m2. This has been another choice at the top of my interest but I discarded it because it was larger than I desired in a ccw. It is now back on my list. However, it seems to have had a lot of issues and/or poor design? Can anyone comment on this and tell me more about the trigger feel and accuracy?

3. Walther PPS m2 Le. This is another gun that was at the top of my list. The trigger however feels very similar to my Bersa Bp9cc though. It is somewhat gritty up and until you hit the trigger wall? How does it compare to the CCP?

4. Kahr? I have found these guns have the smoothest triggers by far of all the striker fired guns I have handled. Only my Diamondback Db380 trigger compares, believe it or not. They are amazingly smooth. The trigger travel however is very long and that can be detrimental with rapid/quick firing. It's fine to have a stray round on the range but having a stray round in a self defense scenario, due to a long trigger pull, could be catastrophic. I love the trigger but I am a little leery about them. They are also expensive.

Your input is appreciated.

God Bless,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 06-01-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Ralph III is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #2

Meho1277 .22
If you survey 100 people here, you will get 110 different answers, with that being said, I have a gen 1 CCP with over 2000 rounds through it, and I love it.
Good luck to you
and
welcome my friend, welcome to the machine
A Little Pink Floyd reference
Meho1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #3

Jaake .22
Take some time and look through some previous posts here and the pps threads. I have both an first ccp m2 and a pps m2.
As far as the ccp goes I have 2000+ rounds though it. The size and grip, to me are perfect. It shoots very well and especially good with follow up shots. Double taps are a dream. The trigger started out a little... I don’t know.. maybe “grabby”. Not smooth.. but after about 3-400 rounds it became very smooth. Not much reset but still I enjoy shooting it. I haven’t had any issues with it but in the beginning my wife couldn’t get through a magazine with out a failure to feed. She would hand me the pistol and I’d have no issues. So I assume it was sensitive to limp wristing. Now she can fire it with out issue. Maybe she has developed a better grip or maybe a little wear gas allowed it to feed better and accept her softer grip. I don’t know.

My pps felt great at the gun shop but after shooting it a few hundred rounds at a time I found the thinness if the grip, and relative “sharp” curve of the backstrap became uncomfortable. An inexpensive rubber grip sleeve cured that and next to my PPQ this is the pistol I’m most accurate with. I’m over 4000 rounds through the PPS and have had any malfunctions. I think I had a failure to fire once with Winchester white box. I put the round in my beretta and that wouldn’t fire it either so not the guns fault. The PPS trigger also got smoother after a few hundred rounds.

For comparison my carry pistols are the ccp, pps, fns 9c, kimber micro 9 or if I want more rounds the PPQ or FN 509 midsize.

Even though I’ve been fortunate with my ccp I don’t know if I could recommend it. I would whole heartedly recommend the PPS. It’s easy to shoot, reliable, and carries well. The only issue I’ve had was the white dots fell out of the rear sight. Which seems common. I took a drill bit in my hand and took the other white dots out and painted them back in with a yellow paint and have been good to go.

With the ppq I can hit a six inch target all day long at 75 feet. With the pps and ccp I can hit an 8 inch target all day long. 34C6EF7A-0185-4A33-87F0-2CD79A8C158B_1559398804355.jpg
joejr likes this.
Jaake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

DE Pistole .22
Why can't Walther solve the problem with dots falling out of PPS sights?

I had a PPS and thought it was a great gun except for this sight issue. While easily fixed, I was shocked when it happened before I even had 100 rounds through it.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #5

Kar98 .22
I solved the problem of dots falling out of PPS sights by removing the factory sights before that happened and replacing them with Mepros :P
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #6

Ralph III .22
Thanks for the replies.

Meho1277. I considered the CCP m2 because that gun just melts in my hand. I don't think I have ever felt a gun that felt better in my hand and it looks great. The fixed barrel configuration was a major draw also because I know my Bersa Thunders are extremely accurate with their fixed barrels. The challenges of the CCP m2 however give me great pause and your input has been helpful.

The PPS m2 Le was high on my list also and better fits my desire in a 9mm ccw. I've only been able to handle them at the gun shops though and was concerned with the gritty/grabby trigger. It's good to know they smooth out really nicely. I would like to check out some Kahrs though because their triggers are smooth all the way to the break. It is very similar to a good revolver trigger with no wall, it just breaks at some point.

Thanks,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 07-03-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #7

Mandomom .22
Hi Ralph and welcome to the forum. I’ll add my 2 cents worth. I’ve been carrying my CCP M2 for almost a year now. No real issues. Failures to feed were from cheap ammo we got. I had some after market night sights installed and it’s my EDC. It goes in a Vedder IWB holster and it’s very comfortable. I even where it with a skirt. The guy I bought it from was amazed it conceals so well. He didn’t know I was wearing it when I came in his store. I’m very happy with it.

Susan
Mandomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #8

DE Pistole .22
Lots of folks upgrade their plastic stock Glock siights as well, but those plastic stock Glock sights can take pretty good recoil abuse without ever failing.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #9

Ralph III .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandomom View Post
Hi Ralph and welcome to the forum. Iíll add my 2 cents worth. Iíve been carrying my CCP M2 for almost a year now. No real issues. Failures to feed were from cheap ammo we got. I had some after market night sights installed and itís my EDC. It goes in a Vedder IWB holster and itís very comfortable. I even where it with a skirt. The guy I bought it from was amazed it conceals so well. He didnít know I was wearing it when I came in his store. Iím very happy with it.

Susan

Thanks Susan. I plan on putting night sights on whatever gun I eventually settle on for sure.

Take care,
Ralph
Mandomom likes this.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #10

DE Pistole .22
I've debated the value of nights sights with someone I hold in high esteem. His view was a caution that night sights do not solve the problem of target identification, meaning they might enable precision engagement of a mis-identified target. This gave me pause and caused me to consider the use of a light vs night sights. Still undecided.
Thinkology likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

ccpm2 firing problems

walther ccpm2 2nd gen

Click on a term to search for related topics.