WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By highbrass85

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #1

highbrass85 .22
New Member and love my CCP M2

I've wanted a CCP since the first time I held the 1st gen several years ago. It was the most comfortable pistol I have ever held (after my P22). Of course, I steered away after reading the plethora of bad reviews. Fast forward to last week, I decided I had to have the M2. I scored an amazing deal online...$319 for a black/stainless M2! So far I have only put 50 rounds down the pipe, but she worked flawlessly. Extremely accurate (as you all know). You can definitely tell you're shooting a blowback, the recoil feels equal to my Glock 23 (.40). I'm sure without the gas delay, it would pack quite a punch.
Next up will be to order night sights for it. I am extremely happy with my purchase so far, and urge anyone on the fence, to go ahead and get the M2.
Mandomom and DukeIronHand like this.
highbrass85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #2

Wildtoad .22
Glad to hear it’s working well. I only shot the M1 once at the range and it fed all 50 quite nicely. If I was in the market for a 9m it would be high on the list.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #3

DukeIronHand .22
Glad to hear your liking it.
As I already own several Walther 9mm's I'm hoping for the rumored .380 version to pick one up.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #4

Mandomom .22
Glad to hear your CCP M2 is working well for you too. I really like mine. I added night sights right away. I have had a few failure to feeds, but I truly believe it was operator error on my part. You’re right, it feels like it was made for my hands.
Mandomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #5

Yogi .22
I have a CCP m2 on order, first Walther. It should be at the FFL this week. Pretty good buy, $270. Looking forward to it. It is a departure of sorts, as I currently have a Sig p938 SAS, and a SW bodyguard.380 for when nothing else will fit. Both are quite different guns from the Walther, with more 1911 influence. Odd as it seems, I was looking for something just a little beefier, but still stowable. I like the 8+1 capacity; about that, is there a 9 shot extended mag anyone knows of? 9+1 would be sweet.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:14 PM   #6

Kar98 .22
Not sure I understand. Going from the 938 to the CCP you lose a lot of concealability with much if any gain in capacity. My Kimber Micro 9 is my go to gun for when it REALLY needs concealing.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #7

Yogi .22
Yes, my girlfriend has a Kimber micro 380, and it is a nice gun, I have been known to borrow it for what you could call ultra conceal, when we are too elegantly dressed for the plebeian bodyguard 380 ;-) By stowable, I just meant that it is not a full size, or even midsize, it is still small by absolute standards. You COULD carry it. In winter clothes, anyway. In practice, it will probably end up being the house cannon most of the time, so getting it to 9+1 would be nice.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #8

3JFamily .22
Glad you are happy with your M2 CCP.

I am happy with my M1 version. It works great, feels great in the hand and conceals well on my body.
3JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #9

Yogi .22
CCP m2 reassembly

I broke down the CCP m2 to clean, and after reassembly, the slide will not go back far enough to cock. What could I have done wrong? My impression is it might have something to do with the slide lock lever. I disassembled and reassembled several times, nothing seemed wrong. But it doesn’t go back far enough to cock.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #10

Mandomom .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
I broke down the CCP m2 to clean, and after reassembly, the slide will not go back far enough to cock. What could I have done wrong? My impression is it might have something to do with the slide lock lever. I disassembled and reassembled several times, nothing seemed wrong. But it doesn’t go back far enough to cock.
I’ve cleaned mine a couple of times...no issues. Have you watched any YouTube videos on this? Here is a quick one...

https://youtu.be/vx-bRv43D8s
Mandomom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP