Has the MAIN problem with the CCP been identified? - Page 5 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #41

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Glad to hear your CCP worked out for you.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #42

ronzonie .22
All I can say is that the disassembly of my BRAND NEW M2 is a P I T A, and the ASSEMBLY is even worse. Its almost as bad as the DISASSEMBLY but stuffing it back in after it EXPANDS!

I'm sure (I hope) that it gets easier, right now I'm thinking i'm not gonna do it often. Yeah, I know it needs to be cleaned, but it doesn't need to be fired. What a waste!
ronzonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #43
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meho1277 View Post
...The ccp has almost an identical design to the hk p7, no one complaining about that. ...
There is practically NOTHING identical in the design of the CCP and the P7 except the basic principle of gas retardation. The MAIN problem with the CCP can be cured only with a press release announcing its discontinuance.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #44

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
The numerous similarities between the CCP and P7 CLEARLY proves that old adage, The Devil is in the Details!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #45
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
The numerous similarities between the CCP and P7 CLEARLY proves that old adage, The Devil is in the Details!
You've confused "details" with fundamentals.

M
Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #46

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
You've confused "details" with fundamentals.

M

The CCP engineering group lacked the fundamentals knowledge the HK P7 engineers had.

The CCP therefore, had may details in its design that needed refinement.

Hence, the devil in the details comment.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #47
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
You're still hung up on "details". But it's not just the details. It's how the fundamentals are designed. Two guns that use the same basic operating principle cannot, from that fact alone, be said to have similar designs. The P7 and the CCP are completely different guns, just as the SIG P228 and the Colt Commander are completely different guns notwithstanding the fact that both use the same basic operating principle, the Browning locked-breech short-recoil tilting-barrel locking system.

The Mercedes-Benz E350 I used to drive had, undeniably, "many similarities" with the Ford Fusion my wife still has. Both use the same basic operating system: an internal combustion gasoline engine driving an automatic transmission connected to the wheels. Both have a steering wheel and a sunroof. And doubtless many other "similarities". But one would have to be irrationally obtuse to imagine that these are even remotely similar designs.

Firearms of course are far simpler machines than automobiles. But those who study the blueprints for any new handgun will acquire an appreciation for those individual characteristics that, in various ways and in combination, make it unique.

M
Old 09-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #48

G. I. Shooter .22
At one point I was one second away from ditching my CCP but for some reason I decided to hang on and I am glad I did! First, I learned the PROPER way to disassemble. Second I finally realized what CCP meant and that it is not a competition firearm. Great concealed carry firearm, long travel trigger in order to avoid, as much as possible, touchy firing unless you really mean it! Never had a jam or misfire, maybe I am just lucky.
G. I. Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP

Search tags for this page

issues with walther ccp m2

know problems with walther ccp m2

Click on a term to search for related topics.