Who's gonna order the 3.0? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Vendors > Alien Gear Holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

Echoplex04 .22
Who's gonna order the 3.0?

This guy. Not today, though. Already bought a holster this month.
My original cloak tuck is great, but this new 3.0 model seems like a better option. Spring steel! I like that they're going with a grippy material, too. Mine is starting to lose its retention (yes, I tightened the screws and used smaller spacers).
Mine's getting kinda weathered, too. The leather is peeling and got really slippery from all the sweat I make it drink. I like the idea of covering the t-nuts. I made mine rust and had to replace them. Sometimes it's too hot for an undershirt and I'll bet this new holster will feel much nicer against the skin. You can see them starting to rust again.
I'm glad they're striving for perfection and continue to release improved versions of their products. I skipped the 2.0 and am glad I did. I'll probably order it around mid-July and like my first Cloak Tuck, I'll post my thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20150623_09_49_23_Pro.jpg (472.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #2

PPKPete .22
I ordered mine about a week ago, just waiting now, I am real excited about it. It looks like it might be a keeper, from what I have read.
PPKPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #3

kampers .22
I first ordered and received the Tuck 2.0 holster and found that it was hard to re holster my pistol in it. I'm a BIG guy and the extra weight makes it hard to re-holster the pistol when I carry it IWB and at 4:30 O'clock on my right hand strong side. Plus I have a rotator cuff tear making it hard to reach back behind my back with my right arms. I might have to get surgery to fix that. I had a MRI last Thursday and the Dr is going to read the MRI and call me with the news. I'm tired of the pain in my shoulder all the time but wonder if the surgery will make it better or worse. I also worry about the recover time and any physical therapy I might have to go though. Anyway.

After trying the Tuck 2.0 I decided that the flap that covers the handle part of my gun. Walthers PPQ was in need of being stiffer. So I ordered the Original Tuck 1.0 leather holster with a Ruger LC9S Pro plastic holder. This holster is much easier to use and re-holster the gun or holster the gun while wearing the holster in the same position as above or at the 3 O'clock position.

One thing about the original holster made out of leather is that it tends to hold onto my skin when I don't have a undershirt tucked in and between the holster and my skin.

Both holsters are much more comfortable with a shirt between them and the skin.

I'm thinking about the Tuck 3.0 but can't really justify buying another holster. Hey the first two didn't work as well FOR ME. Maybe if I were a skinny tall guy they might fit me better. But I'm a short 2X shirt type of guy with a 42" waste pants and IWB is not really working for me with my injury to my right shoulder and excess weight.

I do think that adding the steel spring steel might help keep the holster tab from folding over the opening of the holster. The thicker leather on the Tuck 1.0 helps keep the tab from covering the opening in the holster too.

The Tuck 2.0 is comfortable with a small pistol when worn in the right area but it's hard to re-holster the pistol. So I wear the leather one more often now.

I've tried several other type of holsters now and am starting to have quite the collection of holster.

I actually wear the Blackhawk Sportster Ambidextrous Holster with Mag Pouch with my Ruger LC9S Pro more than the Alien Gear Holsters. But I wear it owb at 3 Oclock on my right side as it's easier to draw and holster the pistol in that position.

Maybe if my rotator cuff ever heals and I can reach back behind my back with my right hand I will go back to wearing IWB at 4:30 and or 5 O' clock position again.
kampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #4

Miami .22
I used a 2.0 for a while, I'm hard on holsters and it broke down at the ends but the 3.0 had all of the fixes so I ordered one right away for my PPQ. I ordered a new leather Falco at the same time! I have had it for, oh about two months and it is doing the trick. I do not like the plastic clips, preferring the metal ones. Also, I'm a big guy so I prefer to abdomen carry. The Alien is not really made for that, though I got use to the forward cant but ... what I did, after I got smart, was put the longer metal clip from my N82 Pro on the top back hole straightening up the cant, and it is perfect, sitting right where I want it low behind my belt. One of the ranges I go to is ok with me practicing from a draw and no trouble! I wore the Falco once! I love the craftsmanship, its a beauty to behold but it doesn't have any adjustment and sits to high, printing with shorts and a tee! Also, I wear the 3.0 right up against skin, all day, without that raw feeling I get with leather. I hope they're making one for the Q45!
Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #5

kampers .22
Cloak Tuck 3.0 Alien Gear Holster Review

I've had my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 now for a month or so.

I like it for many reason but a couple of times it's dumped my pistol out when the holster turned upside down when I was wearing it or while I was taking my pants off. I guess it's a little top heavy or something. It's very comfortable but tends to slide down my body. I wish it was more sticky against my bare skin to help it stay up. I'm constantly having to reach back around and try to lift the gun/holster back up to my waist line. Maybe it's just my body shape. I'm pretty big around the middle which makes the belt/pants/holster want to slide off me unless the belt is cinched up really tight.

I wish that the spring steel would go out into the Winged areas of the holster to make that part of the holster more stiff. The wings can flex so much that the gun/holster flips upside down at times. This has happened to me twice now. I was in the outhouse at the range doing my business and when I undid my belt the gun fell out of the holster. NOT GOOD.

I wish that the neopreme material on the back part of the holster where it makes contact with the skin was more sticky.

The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 1.0 Original Leather Holster from Alien Gear sticks to my skin a little bit better and stays up on my body better. The Tuck 2.0 and 3.0 tend to want to slide down my body more.

Now if I'm wearing a "T" shirt tucked down into my pants and between my skin and the holster the holster/gun won't slide down as much. But the gun/holster tends to cause the Tail of my T shirt to ride up and then my bare skin gets exposed to the back of the holster. That's when I can't get the T shirt back down inside my pants easily without dropping trowel and tucking the shirt back down inside the pants. Maybe I need a longer tail type T shirt. I wear a XL but have been buying 2XL T shirts to help keep my gun from printing as much. I wanted the T shirt to be a little floppy and not so tight up against my body. Now I wear a button up short sleeve dress shirt over the T shirt to help hide the gun in the IWB holster. That seems to work OK. But the holster/gun still wants to pull my pants down unless I really tighten the belt up as much as possible.

If you are big around the middle you too may have this problem. But if you are thinner then this many not be a big problem for you.

The Tuck 1.0 leather is thick and study even on the wings where the Clips are attached to the wings of the holster. I actually like the Tuck 1.0 leather holster.

I also have an Alien Gear Leather OWB holster than I like at times. I've been wearing it more often these days since I started wearing the larger button up shirts over my T shirts. It's getting into fall now and it's a bit cooler these days so the extra shirt is nice for warmth as well as concealment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoplex04 View Post
This guy. Not today, though. Already bought a holster this month.
My original cloak tuck is great, but this new 3.0 model seems like a better option. Spring steel! I like that they're going with a grippy material, too. Mine is starting to lose its retention (yes, I tightened the screws and used smaller spacers).
Mine's getting kinda weathered, too. The leather is peeling and got really slippery from all the sweat I make it drink. I like the idea of covering the t-nuts. I made mine rust and had to replace them. Sometimes it's too hot for an undershirt and I'll bet this new holster will feel much nicer against the skin. You can see them starting to rust again.
I'm glad they're striving for perfection and continue to release improved versions of their products. I skipped the 2.0 and am glad I did. I'll probably order it around mid-July and like my first Cloak Tuck, I'll post my thoughts.
kampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Vendors > Alien Gear Holsters

Search tags for this page

alien cloak tuck 3.0 reviews big guy

alien gear 3.0 forums

Click on a term to search for related topics.