Introducing the All New Cloak Slide OWB Hybrid Holster! - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Vendors > Alien Gear Holsters

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

AlienGearHolsters .22
Exclamation Introducing the All New Cloak Slide OWB Hybrid Holster!

Alien Gear Holsters is proud to announce the newest addition to our holster lineup, the Cloak Slide Outside the Waistband Hybrid Holster!

This holster is perfect for open or concealed carry use.

It features the same waterproof, sweat-proof, high quality leather that our Cloak Tuck IWB is known for, as well as fully swappable (for semi-autos) plastic outer shells that are interchangeable with our Cloak Tuck IWB Holster.

These holsters are high quality and feature the same Iron-Clad Triple Guarantee that all of our holsters come with.

- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Free Shell Trades for Life
- Forever Warranty

The Cloak Slide OWB Holster starts at just $29.88, just like the Cloak Tuck IWB Holster.

Buy One Here

And like all of our holsters, these are Proudly Made in America!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IronClad Triple Guarantee2.jpg (45.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg OWB_Sig_Worn.jpg (180.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg OWB_Sig-4.jpg (273.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg OWB2_Thomas.jpg (637.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png america.png (49.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #2

Reloader54 .22
I like this holster a lot. I got it for my Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 full size .45acp. I also got one for my Walther Colt 1911 Gov't Rail in .22lr. The only thing that I wish the holster had was that it could be adjusted for height when it's on the belt. The holster does not have any way to adjust it so that the gun sits lower on the leather backing. This is something that could be fixed easily by just adding one or two more screw lug nuts. I also have a IWB holster and it does have these screw lug nuts to make adjustments. And I would think that it would be easy to do the same with these OWB holsters as well. Just a suggestion to think about. I use my OWB holster most of the time when I do carry my gun. But it sits a little to high for my liking.
kampers likes this.

Prod supporter of not only the 2A but also all of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I also believe in a Government for the people, by the people, and run by the people. And that the Government is small and that there are term limits for ALL of the elected officials. Now terms of more than 12 years as it was first written in the Constitution by the founding Fathers.
Reloader54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Official Site Vendor

AlienGearHolsters .22
Thanks for the review Reloader! I will definitely pass on your suggestion about the adjustments for the OWB holsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader54 View Post
I like this holster a lot. I got it for my Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 full size .45acp. I also got one for my Walther Colt 1911 Gov't Rail in .22lr. The only thing that I wish the holster had was that it could be adjusted for height when it's on the belt. The holster does not have any way to adjust it so that the gun sits lower on the leather backing. This is something that could be fixed easily by just adding one or two more screw lug nuts. I also have a IWB holster and it does have these screw lug nuts to make adjustments. And I would think that it would be easy to do the same with these OWB holsters as well. Just a suggestion to think about. I use my OWB holster most of the time when I do carry my gun. But it sits a little to high for my liking.
searcher451 and kampers like this.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #4

lepricated .22
I own the IWB and OWB. I wish you could adjust the cant for the OWB
lepricated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #5

kampers .22
The OWB holster prints a bit

When I first ordered my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my PPQ I also ordered the Alien Gear OWB holster like this one. This was about a year ago in Aug or Sep of 2014.

I was wearing just the OWB holster while shopping in the local Gander Mountain Store and a guy came up to me and asked me if I was carrying. I was sort of shocked. I had taken my Ruger LC9S Pro out of the holster before going into the store and was wearing a larger sized T shirt (black color) over the holster on my belt. I was wearing a pair of 511 tactical shorts at the time. The guy made me as soon as he saw me. I was surprised that he could see the holster under my 2XL sized Black T shirt.

(ADDED APRIL 8th 2016 ) I should have worn one of the 3XL sized Fishing shirts that button up the front instead as they conceal this holster gun combo much better now.) See below too.

Although I must admit that he was there shopping for ammo for his 45 pistol and was probably thinking about conceal carrying guns and was looking hard at other people to see if they were wearing a gun. Most other people won't be looking so hard at other people or thinking about people carrying a gun. So maybe it was just a fluke.

I actually like carrying my gun with this leather OWB Alien Gear Holster. The gun/holster stays up better than with my IWB holsters from Alien Gear. Now I wear a larger 3X button dress shirt over the T shirt and it helps hide the gun/holster a lot better. I'm not so concerned about people seeing my gun/holster when I'm out and about in different stores and carrying my pistol IWB or OWB. With the extra large button up dress shirt it helps cover the gun better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm adding this today Friday April 8th, 2016. This past winter I decided to change my wardrobe and it helps hide my Alien Gear Cloak OWB holster/gun much better. I have purchased some XXXL Fishing Shirts that are button up and I leave the shirt tail out or un-tucked. This bulky shirt helps to hide my gun/holster combo much better. I wear some of the 511 tactical pants with elastic waste sewn into the waist and this helps to carry my gun/holster better. I have a leather 511 belt that's 1.5" wide and it's heavy duty and helps to keep the pants up when cinched tight. I should have thought of this a long time ago. Expecting a XL short tailed "T" to not print with my gun under it was not a good idea. Even a XXX Size "T" shirt is not loose enough to not print with the gun/holster under it.

Heck some times I just unbutton the fishing shirt and make it easier to get to my gun in warmer weather. But if the wind blows the shirt back it uncovered my gun/holster. So I some times button just a few buttons on the shirt to prevent that.

Last edited by kampers; 04-08-2016 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Thinks changed and I wear differnet shirts now
kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

PPX69 .22
Any chance of shipping to Switzerland?
PPX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #7

neverwas .22
Don't know if this is the same holster I just returned, but you should be aware of a couple things. Holster was for an SD9VE.

The holster is the same height in back, as in front. The gun would almost always catch on the leather. After the first few times, the leather was deformed slightly inward, which exacerbated the problem.

It cost me $11 to return the holster. AG subtracted shipping on the return. This means it cost me $22 to try a $40 holster. So, you may want to consider this.

I received an email several days ago that indicated a return of funds to my cc. I still haven't seen the return. I have experience with this, and know that once a cc batch has been processed, it should take no longer than 2 days to show up on the cc balance. Don't know what's going on, but will initiate contact with AG if I don't see my return in a few days.

Last edited by neverwas; 12-02-2015 at 04:07 PM.
neverwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:17 AM   #8

PPX69 .22
I'm a bit disappointed too because AG has not responded to my questions so far. Usually I think a company should respond within 48 hours. Even if it is a short "we will get back to you shortly" or something.
We'll see.
PPX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #9
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
It's always advisable to send a PM.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #10
Official Site Vendor

AlienGearHolsters .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPX69 View Post
Any chance of shipping to Switzerland?
Hi PPX69,

Unfortunately, right now we do not ship internationally; only within the US.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Vendors > Alien Gear Holsters

Tags
conceal, concealed carry, holster, holsters, hybrid, leather

Search tags for this page

adjust cant on cloak slide

alien gear owb holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.