• 1 Post By kampers
  • 1 Post By 1942bull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

AlienGearHolsters .22
Cover Vs Concealment

Cover Vs Concealment

You need to know the difference between cover vs concealment. The base definition is rather simple; cover will stop a bullet, concealment only covers you up. However, that only tells you so much of the story.

You have to learn to identify potential cover or concealment.

This is important in the case of a break-in and potential fight with an armed attacker. This is also important out on the street for same, or in the case of attack by a maniac...such as usually occurs in those gun free zones that we're told are so very, very safe.

Let's get into it. We'll cover what actually CAN work as cover, and what is merely concealment, as well as what to look for in terms of both.

Continue reading at: Cover vs Concealment - Alien Gear Holsters Blog
1942bull likes this.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #2

kampers .22
Learn to shoot accurately while moving. That way you stop the threat before they can shoot you.
1942bull likes this.
kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #3

1942bull .22
It is a good common sense article. I hope that those on this forum already had a good sense of what the article said. It was geared to a low level of knowledge. Still worth reading to keep it in your mind.

However, I agree with @kampers post below as a general rule.

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
Vietnam June 66 to February 68
MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #4

1942bull .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampers View Post
Learn to shoot accurately while moving. That way you stop the threat before they can shoot you.
I agree. Once you take cover you lose the initiative, and set up a gunfight, and then you have to think about ammo capacity and the weapon and skill you are facing.

I subscribe to this. If attacked in my house I will attack the invader(s). They will not be expecting that. Surprise is a benefit in a close quarter gunfight. But you have to be able to accurately shoot on the move.

Outdoors I would look for concealment but not shoot on the move. I would shoot from cover and move fast the other cover. Speed of travel between cover objects makes it harder for the perp to hit hit you. Shooting while running fast, zig zagging, maybe ducking or diving is almost assuredly a miss. Stopping to shoot is likely a hit but it might be you that gets hit.

Shooting from and changing cover was intensely trained into us in the corps. We did shoot on the move but only when making direct attack.
kampers likes this.

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
Vietnam June 66 to February 68
MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Vendors > Alien Gear Holsters