Walther Forums banner

WALTHER Olympia by Hämmerli Swiss

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Towns 
#1 ·

See less See more
#8 ·
Hard to find, harder to find in decent condition, harder yet to find in good shooting condition, simply because so many of them were shot and shot and shot again by their original owners. I've been looking for a keeper for more than six years and ... still looking. If you want a Walther target pistol in .22 caliber, you'll be miles (if not dollars) ahead by checking out the PP Sport model.

#9 ·
I have to disagree with you on the Walther PP Sport, they by far do not have the balance and trigger pull of the Hämmerli Walther. Even the SA only models do not come close enough.

A Hämmerli Walther in .22 l.r. that is not worn out completely is a fine shooting gun. A friend of mine ahs a Hämmerli 208 with over 40,000 shots through it and the only wear is that the slide does not stay open anylonger after the last round.

The Swiss really put attention to detail and produced marvelous quality in that period.

#11 ·
Olympias

I have a 1925 model, 6" barrel, (actually called a 'Standard' but very close to a 1932; and a 1936 Olympia ' Hunting Model' with a 4" barrel. I found both in a pawn shop in Chico, California 20 years ago. They are beautiful pistols. I am on the hunt for a 1932.

I suppose this is not news, but Larry's Gun Works in Maine imports current Hammerlis (now owned by Walther/Umarex) and they look very tasty, at a semi-reasonable price. The icing on the cake is that they are on a California 'exempt' list, allowing their sales here. That was great news for me, not knowing there was anything like an exempt list. These come in several levels starting at about $700 and go up to deluxe models at around $1700.

Anyone have any experience with these before I part with $?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.