Walther Forums banner

WALTHER 1911

20K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  ewwest 
#1 ·

See less See more
Reactions: me109g4
#5 ·
I do not shoot with my collection-guns sorry. :cool:

the gun is in good quality, good trigger and safty like a .45 ACP - 1911 :)
is feeling very well :)
the slide is milled from a solid-block.:)

what is immediately striking the weak spring from slide.:rolleyes:

#9 ·
I checked with my local dealer, retail price is $399.99. They have sold four of them, all were the Government Models, no rail. They are currently on backorder with the distributer.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what to make of it. I think it's kind of neat looking but it's just not a Walther. I don't know... there's something about Walthers that just feel right to me. Even when I got shooting and fire off a bunch of bullets through my MKII (which has got to be just about the sweetest shooting, most accurate, and utterly reliable .22 pistol ever)... I still find myself putting it down and hurrying back to my PPK or beloved P.38.

I guess I'd have to try it to see. It's not all that bad I guess... I'd just have to see for myself. Is the frame made of real metal or "miracle plastic", King Tanfoglio? That would really be a turning point for me... but looking at the photographs the frame does appear to be hewn from some sort of alloy... das ist eine gute!

-Pilotsteve

#12 ·
I have just purchased a Colt 1911 A1 gold cup 22 cal.
What is the purpose of the black plastic rectangular piece that comes in the plastic bag ?
Also a regular keyed trigger lock does not fit very well- it interferes with the magazine release.
What do you recommend
Thanks

#14 ·
I have just purchased a Colt 1911 A1 gold cup 22 cal.
What is the purpose of the black plastic rectangular piece that comes in the plastic bag ?
Also a regular keyed trigger lock does not fit very well- it interferes with the magazine release.
What do you recommend
Thanks
New to the forum, checking it out.
Hopefully by now you have discovered that the black plastic piece is used to help load rounds into the mag.

#17 ·
Dep,

If Umarex does the same thing for this 1911 as Walther (?) did with the P22, then the frame will probably be miracle plastic, and the slide of pot metal to not be too heavy or dense in the weight area, but has sufficient strength for a .22lr cartridge.

Just a thought. Don't know for sure.

#22 ·
Thanks! It is never to late to get one, they are very handsome in person, and it is probably my single best looking pistol. That said, like most 1911, it is a pleasure to shoot. The Pro TLE is a fine Commander-type 1911, and I really like the bull barrel.

Regarding the Umarex 1911, I haven't held one yet, and I might not bother. I have three Walther pistols in .22 that I love, but the Kimber Rimfire is the one .22 that I take on every range trip.

#23 ·
Recently picked up a 1911 FDE rail gun with about 600 rds various thus far without issue.

Color scheme is quite schpiffy and shoots most excellent, have run suppressed with a buddys sparrow..... woooosh

The only nick are the sights and the white plastic 'inserts' for dots..... LAME......
One fell out the first day on the rear so I pulled the other and painted with bright white testors, then noticed how dull the front was so I pulled and painted for all 3-dots...... so much better, I would consider mandatory.

Very nice alternative to shoot besides my 70's .45, very happy so far.

#24 ·
I have the Colt (Walthers) 1911 Rail Gun, and have put almost 500 rounds through it. I did polish the ramp, and the inner of the barrel, so no extraction problems or loading problems.
I do want to do one thing to it though, just cosmetically.
I bought one of the 'Punisher' looking compensators off evilbay, and it's chambered for .45acp, and the barrel bushing is of course .10mm too big inner and outer. Anyone with any suggestions for one? I really don't want to have the slide machined to accept it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.