Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TANFOGLIO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

Horus .22
G22 disassembly

Sponsored Links
I've read a couple forums and looked around for a step by step disassembly or one with pictures. I've heard there are a couple of problem springs for the magazine release and the hold open lever that like to pop out so I'm feeling kind of nervous about the take down to clean the little bugger. I might just go and bore-snake and use some aerosol cleaners until it starts to jam up or accuracy goes down but I'll probably get that nagging feeling of my telling me its not nice to the gun to let it the gunk accumulate. Anyone have any advice or be able to walk me through it either via text or pictures? Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time.
Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #2

Rcooke5 .22
G22 Walther.

I took mine down more out of curiosity than necessity and lost both springs almost immediately. So don't disassemble your G22 completely unless it is absolutely necessary. And then do it inside a plastic bag so that you can recover the springs... you won't believe how small they are. Anyway, the G22 functions fine without the springs if need be. You can download a short manual from www.waltheramerica.com.

Hope this helps... it's a great little carbine!

R.
Rcooke5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
WALTHER KING

TANFOGLIO .22

CarlJ likes this.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
A few years back at the SHOT Show, I noticed leaning in the corner of Walther's booth a G22 in which the outer plastic housings were transparent, so all the internals were clearly visible. I thought that was pretty neat, and that it was so bizarre that it would sell well. However, it probably was only for sales demonstration, as I've never seen another.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #5

45Man .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
I've read a couple forums and looked around for a step by step disassembly or one with pictures. I've heard there are a couple of problem springs for the magazine release and the hold open lever that like to pop out so I'm feeling kind of nervous about the take down to clean the little bugger. I might just go and bore-snake and use some aerosol cleaners until it starts to jam up or accuracy goes down but I'll probably get that nagging feeling of my telling me its not nice to the gun to let it the gunk accumulate. Anyone have any advice or be able to walk me through it either via text or pictures? Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time.
I've done the same as you so far. Seems like a lot of trouble to field strip as long as it still functions. There used to be someone's instructions with pics on the internet, but the last time I looked, the link was broken. At least I printed them out, just in case.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/w...d-springs.html

Last edited by 45Man; 01-27-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Reference new thread which solves this issue
45Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #6

45Man .22
More recent thread solves this issue.
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/w...d-springs.html
45Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Search tags for this page
disassemble walther g22
g22 disassembly
how to disassemble walther g22
walther g22
walther g22 breakdown

walther g22 diagram

walther g22 disassembly

walther g22 disassembly instructions
walther g22 field strip
walther g22 manual
walther g22 schematic
walther g22 takedown
Click on a term to search for related topics.