Metal Replacement Rear Sight for P-22? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #1

RedPepper2 .22
Metal Replacement Rear Sight for P-22?

Has anyone heard of a metal replacement rear sight for the Walther P-22? My plastic rear sight is wobly and I would replace if I could find a replacement. Other than that one concern I really like shooting this P-22. Thanks for any help.
RedPepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #2

jbr01 .22
No one seems to be answering on this one..., the rear sight on all the Walther P22's rocks forward and back slghtly, and there is no way to fix this, unless you want to put some epoxy in the works. This would probably keep you from adjusting for windage (left to right), so your efforts would be less than productive. The bigger issue is the lack of a shorter front sight which would be nice in my case because the pistol is set for 12 o-clock hold and us regular shooters usually like the 6 o-clock sight picture better. Someone posted once that the european style shooting built into the gun's design, places the sight at just above the top of the bull which for Americans always results in this gun shooting low, real low.
I guess you just need some range time and forget about the rear sight wobble. You will never notice it with the slide flying back and forth anyway.
As usual... just my $.02
jbr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr01 View Post
...the rear sight on all the Walther P22's rocks forward and back slghtly, and there is no way to fix this, unless you want to put some epoxy in the works. This would probably keep you from adjusting for windage (left to right), so your efforts would be less than productive....
Once the gun is properly zeroed, why does anyone worry about further adjusting windage? The gun is not going to be called upon to hit bulls-eyes at 300 yards in a crosswind.

If the wiggling bothers you, drip some loctite into it, and it'll stay put.

M
MGMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #4

1917-1911M .38
They all roll front to rear a bit. It should have no impact on elevation. The rear sight should not have any free movement left to right. The compact pistol and very thin slide with the firing pin immediately under the normal location for a sight makes adding aftermarket sights difficult.

On this pistol the relatively weak .22 cartridge will only cycle so much weight. A Burris red dot when mounted to the slide will work.....The problem is determining how to mount. Several have been glued on, and worked very well, looks, function, accuracy, slide cycling etc....but the glue won't hold up for long.

I filled the rear U sight apperture on one of mine with charcoal colored JB weld, neatly polished then cut a very narrow aperture. I also filed the front blade so that it was very slim. This makes for more accurate shooting. I also filled the rear aperture and drilled a small hole which made a great peep. On that one I modified the front blade to have a rounded dot. Worked great too....but there is only so much you can do with open sights. A scope or red dot is another story.

The P22 is pretty accurate, just difficult to learn due to sights, light weight, DA trigger, short pistol. Below are some 10 round groups from a short barrel model, 21', resting on a table saw, red dot on the Walther bridge mount. M1911

1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:13 AM   #5

ArkylandP22 .22
Replacement sight for P22

Midway USA has a metal replacement sight available for the P22 that has both windage and elevation adjustments.
ArkylandP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:31 AM   #6
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
How bout a 'link' to this little jewel?
Old 05-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #7
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Is this what you're referring to? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/62...p99-steel-blue That's a miss-print on Midways part. That LPA TPU sight fits the SW99, P99, PPQ and Magnum Research MR9/40 pistols, as they share the same rear sight dovetail. The P22 uses a different dovetail, so this sight DOES NOT fit the P22.

Shame on Midway .... but this kind of stuff happens all the time. One of my favorites is the P99C picture used by most internet sellers. This picture shows a P99C with an elongated, ambidextrous slide stop. I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat...but, that particular pistol is not imported/sold in the US. Shame on all those internet sellers.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #8

1917-1911M .38
A sight could be fabricated for the rear of the P22 but it would have to use the internally threaded loop that is part of the slide. There is no way to mount anything to the slide at present....other than with glue. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Search tags for this page
p22 sight replacement
rear sight for walther p22
replacement sights for walther p22
walther p 22 adjustable sights
walther p22 adjustable rear sight
walther p22 metal sights

walther p22 rear sight

walther p22 rear sight replacement

walther p22 rear sights

walther p22 replacement rear sight

walther p22 replacement sights

walther p22 sight replacement
Click on a term to search for related topics.