Walther trigger adjustment - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #1

Wahoo57 .22
Walther trigger adjustment

I acquired a Walther .22 target rifle that closely resembles a KKM but only weighs a little over 8#. It appears to have an adjustable trigger but it is accessed from the left side of the stock just above the trigger guard, not through the trigger guard bow.. I can't find any information on adjusting this trigger and am asking that anyone who knows what the designation of this rifle is and who is familiar with this model to advise me as how to adjust the trigger. I cannot see down into the hole and can't even tell if an allen screw driver or a flat blade screwdriver is required.
Wahoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
God invented LED flashlights just for you.

M
Darkstar888 likes this.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:38 AM   #3

andmars .22
Is it any of these rifles? See page 7

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIR...bore_rifle.pdf
andmars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #4

Wahoo57 .22
Andmars, thanks for the reply. The rifle is similar to Rifle 1 on page 1 but the difference lies on the left side which is not illustrated. It is obviously some variant of the KKM. On the left side above the trigger there is a hole which I found to provide access to the trigger. Since it is too narrow to see down into the hole I have pulled the action out of the stock to see what is going on. The hole led to a screw in the trigger assembly and requires a thin flat-blade screwdriver. The trigger assembly is light years away from a KKM trigger. It is simplicity in itself, comparable to the old Winchester M67-era triggers which were not adjustable. If I can find a tutorial on posting pictures I will do that. I think the procedure for posting pictures is the same as for RimfireCentral so I will try that procedure if I can't find a tutorial on this website.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #5

andmars .22
Just reply to a message and look for the button "manage attachments" below, then just browse to the files you want to attach and click "upload".

I wonder if any of the KKJ variants would have a more similar trigger group to what you are seeing.. http://stevespages.com/pdf/walther_kk.pdf
Old 11-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
This should help with posting up some pictures:

How to easily post photos on the forum ...

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #7

Wahoo57 .22
Okay, here ya go, hopefully I can upload the pictures. The first two are full length left and right side views of the rifle, the third is a closeup of the left side of the action area showing the trigger adjustment hole and the sling swivel base, fourth is of the right side of the action area and the fifth is the trigger. Note on simple it is compared to a KKM trigger assembly. I took It to the range today and boy, will it shoot. Unfortunately it showed a pronounced preference for R-50 and Special Match. I would have preferred much cheaper brands but what the heck. The trigger is heavy but smooth and breaks cleanly. Maybe if someone responds with info on how for me to keep from fouling up the trigger trying to adjust it I can lighten it somewhat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.JPG (108.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0566.JPG (106.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0565.JPG (109.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0567.JPG (128.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0562.JPG (100.9 KB, 26 views)
searcher451 likes this.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:33 AM   #8

andmars .22
That is identical to my KKJ and i don't believe that screw is an adjustment, its simply just the pivot point for the trigger.

One thing to check is the two rollers that run along the top plate, make sure those turn freely as mine had seized up from old hardened grease inside them. Once i freed them up and lubed them the trigger action was silky smooth.

I also tried RWS R50 in mine and while it seemed to perform well i still had the odd flyer which you could audibly hear having a softer or stronger powder load. The best ammo i found for my KKJ is SK Standard Plus, half the price of premium ammo like R50 or Eley Tenex but every bit as accurate. It also found it more consistent than R50.
searcher451 likes this.

Last edited by andmars; 11-18-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #9

aris .22
Can you post a picture of the underside of the trigger?
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #10

Wahoo57 .22
Your question was very serendipitous. I normally would have been reluctant to pull the action out of the stock only to take a picture but I had just decided to replace the present scope on this rifle with a Leupold 36 I have on hand so I would have had to zero the rifle again anyway. Might be Sunday or Monday before I can do so as I have grandchildren here for the holidays and they take priority over everything else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page

how to adjust walther sport model trigger

walther kkw trigger adjustment

Click on a term to search for related topics.