Walther trigger adjustment - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #11

aris .22
No need to pull anything out - just a picture of the underside of the gun where the trigger is.
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #12

Wahoo57 .22
Well, the kids have gone back home to Raleigh and Atlanta and the silence is deafening.

I'll try to answer two posts in this one.

Andmars, attached are picture of two sets of targets I fired with both R50 and Special Match. All targets were at 50 yards. The first picture is of the target I shot a few weeks ago the first time out with my then new-to-me SBR. The second picture is of the same ammunition which I shot 11/16 with my new-to-me KKJ (?). There is no doubt in my mind that the smaller on each target was a one-of and not likely to be repeated. But when you are 81 it is very heartening that I was able to shoot these groups. The target in the lower left is the demo target that came with my SBR, being as you know 10 rounds of R-50 at 50 meters from a mechanical rest. Gives me something to strive for.

Aris, I am afraid I did not do well in the pictures of the trigger. A am a rank amateur when it comes to photography and could contrive no way to get adequate lighting on the subject. Hope they are sufficient to answer your needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0520.JPG (86.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0570.JPG (71.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0572.JPG (107.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0571.JPG (94.8 KB, 19 views)
Wahoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:17 AM   #13

andmars .22
Very nice groups, nothing to complain about there

Since my last post i have had reason to disassemble my KKJ, photo of trigger group attached. Apart from the subtle difference in the trigger shape you can see the mechanism is identical, and non adjustable unfortunately.

Cheers,

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ST-Sear.JPG (1.17 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ST-Assembled2.JPG (907.9 KB, 18 views)
andmars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #14

Wahoo57 .22
Mark, thanks for the pics. It is obvious that you were right on the money in identifying my KK as a KKJ. I have seen pictures of Walthers identified as KKJs that were entirely different configurations, some target-style and others sporter styles. It is hard to be precise in identifications when there are no reference books with pictures and no identification stamped on the rifles. Much simpler with Anschutz due to the plethora of information available in print and on the internet not to mention factory assistance. Want to go to the range but the weather for the next few days will be poor, mainly due to predicted winds of 10-12 knots or so and heavy rains through Wednesday.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #15

andmars .22
Ok seems i need to eat some humble pie. I just tried to remove that pivot screw holding the trigger on to find it isn't a screw at all, its a concentric adjuster

As you rotate it the trigger moves higher and lower in the arm, which in turn increases or decreases the amount of sear contact. Fully adjusted to the up position gives you a crisper break point with less trigger travel, and adjusted fully down gives you a longer trigger travel and a slightly heavier trigger action. Adjustment is as simple as rotating that screw 180 degrees from one extreme to the other.

I set mine fully up and it has a much crisper trigger release, also passed the bump test so its perfectly safe, but i recommend you verify that on your own rifle after adjustment.

I have attached two pics showing each extreme of adjustment, note the position of the sear arm vs the barrel and trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TriggerCam.JPG (579.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg FullyUp.JPG (617.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg FullyDown.JPG (623.2 KB, 14 views)
Andyd_is_PzGren likes this.

Last edited by andmars; 02-12-2017 at 03:03 PM.
andmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 AM   #16

Wahoo57 .22
Andmars

I think I've died and gone to heaven! What a great help your post is! Your explanation and pics really help. I had the rifle out last Thursday and while it shot very well the way it was I felt that a few times the groups could have been a lot better if I had the trigger better adjusted. On a number of groups it seemed that it was never going to fire and I feel I became impatient with the fall on some of those groups and forced the shot, much to my immediate regret. I had never heard of a concentric adjuster so feel that it is something that is not common here in the States on domestic actions. I had planned to go to the range tomorrow but the weather guessers are now calling for temps of 38-40F and winds of 8-10 knots so I'll have to wait another day. Actually, that is to the good as now I can open the rifle up and make the adjustments you demonstrated. Maybe, despite the total lack of any help from Walther, we can learn how to max out the accuracy of the units. Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on how things work out.

Wahoo57
Old 02-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #17

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Your rifle isn't a KKJ - J stands for Jagd- but a KKM. Early KKMs had the trigger based on the KKJ, then they changed to a match trigger with fixed trigger blade before they revised it again with the trigger that has the blade adjustable for length.

The receiver cut outs for the trigger assembly are different and so are the locations for the sears and the firing pins, making parts replacement a nightmare.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:18 AM   #18

Wahoo57 .22
Andyd, is your last post regarding the KKM/KKJ intended for me or for Andmars? I have not yet found a definitive description of the rifle I have so do not know if it is a KKJ, KKM, or what. It appears to be something other than a pure target rifle due to the presence of sling swivels bases and lack of the usual more sophisticated trigger found on target rifles.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #19

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
You have an early KKM. The slingswivels pre-date the UIT rules and were for a shooting strap, rather, than a sling to carry the gun.

The first KKM's were based on the pre-war KKJ, as that pre-war design was ready when Germany was allowed rifle production again.

Anschutz followed suit with the Anschütz 54 that was developped by Gehmann. Both designs were developped out of a reduced size Mauser bolt, as commonly seen in the DSM.

Last edited by Andyd_is_PzGren; 02-17-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Andyd_is_PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page

how to adjust walther sport model trigger

walther kkm match triggers

walther kkm trigger assembly

walther kkw trigger adjustment

Click on a term to search for related topics.