Walther Forums banner

Crystal ball for 2014 Shot Show

8K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  Mig1 
#1 ·
Anyone want to take a stab at guessing for Walther new product announcements at the upcoming Shot Show?

#3 ·
I think a Qc is certainly possible. Probably too much to ask for paddles...

#4 ·
A .22LR version of the PPQ! :p

I doubt we'll see a PPQc when the P99c fills that need and then some.

Perhaps Walther could give the '99c an abbreviated PPQ-esqe grip and there you are, but I'd rather see a .45ACP PPX, and a .357SIG option for the .40 PPQ/P99/P99c platforms.

#36 ·
Winner! Congrats.

#7 ·
I would sell the dog for a .45 ACP P99 or PPQ M1...

#8 ·
And what's wrong with the SW99 in 45 ACP? Heck, Walther made the frame and all the innards, while S&W made the slide and barrel. For all intents and purposes it's a Walther.....looks like, feels like and shoots like the P99. Sure the barrel is a little longer and the grip is a little longer but it's still a P99 clone with that nice AS trigger and decocker. Even though this pistol is a little larger than it's kissin' cousin the P99, I can still carry the SW99 45 IWB all day, comfortably and with very little printing. It's the skinny flat sided (P99) style grip that helps make this possible. I don't know if I'd be able to carry a pistol like this if it were a double stack.

So, will walther offer a P99 or PPQ in 45? That IS the question....and will it be a single or double stack....that's the other question.

#9 ·
I'd think a PPQ in 45, a classic Q 5 inch and of course the P"PU"Q in 22.
We already know the Classic will be back at Shot Show...

I don't see how they could improve the P99 series except adding a 45...wouldn't a P99c in 45 make your wallet open???

#11 ·
#15 ·
PPX in .45acp would be a great value alternative to the H&K 45. Similar hammer-fired set up, but with a better trigger and lower price point. Nice.

PPQ M2 in .45acp would be the "American caliber" with the "American mag release" with "America's best trigger". No brainer.

P99c .45acp would be the Glock 30 killer. This one makes me drool. Compact, decocker for CCW, big bore knockdown power, Walther trigger. Ooooh.

On a side note, hearing that the old rumor about H&K coming out with a striker-fired version of the P30 may actually be true. Combination of PPQ's great ergos and striker fired system with P99's decocker. I wonder if this news is affecting Walther's plans in any way....

#21 ·
:D Touché :D

#22 ·
I can't imagine them making that big a deal over paddles at Shot Show. Far too many people there who think that a PMR is a downside. Definitely a PPQ M2 in .45 though. Probably more .22 LR stuff.

I wish the paddle could get more traction though. The lack of PMR is the only thing that's holding me back from picking up a CZ, for instance. Ditto the PPK, for that matter. I'm pretty set on the paddle release. A PPS with the PPQ or P99 AS trigger would suit just fine though.

Another random thought--it's the length of the grip that matters most for concealability using an IWB or OWB, not the length of the barrel, right? I'd like to see a service or target length barrel mated with a compact grip on that PPS with PPQ or P99AS trigger.

#26 · (Edited)
The P99Q is very interesting. Looks just like a PPQ!

Walther set up the P99Q's trigger to comply with German police requirements, so its action is different than a PPQ;

Trigger travel 12mm, compared to PPQ's 9mm.
Trigger reset 6mm, compared to PPQ's 2.5mm.
Trigger pull 7 lbs SA, 9 lbs DA, compared to PPQ's 5.6 lbs. (not sure on those numbers...)

Plus, P99Q is partially-cocked versus PPQ's pre-cocked.

But, if Walther lightened the SA aspect of the trigger to a set up that matches the PPQ, now we've got what I would consider the perfect handgun; a PPQ decockable to DA for safe carry, and without the Glocky trigger safety! Heaven!

My only other hope is for Walther to hybridize the P99 AS into a PPQ sub-model, with the trigger order changed to SA-DA-AS. (As I've bloviated about previously), but it may just be easier for them to import a light-action version of the existing P99Q.

Either way, I'll buy the first one.

#25 ·
If they announce a .45 it will be on the PPX platform, hence a no sale for me.

This isn't my first rodeo and I'm not looking for an entry level handgun.

Further prognostication will serve no purpose as we are all just guessing anyway.

Frankly I'd be happy if they announced more supply of current models, particularly the P99c.

Reactions: charlievee
#35 ·
I'll tenth the comments about a .45 Q, they have already appealed to us Yanks by attempting to exterminate the paddles.

Also, I agree it is unlikely we will see a Qc.

Has there been any discussion about outfitting Walthers with better sights? I will likely pick up a new Q or QFE in '14 if they keep their promise, and its not a deal breaker, but the poor quality of the factory sights still irks me.. like selling a Lamborghini with banana-seat-bike tires

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.