Tips for shooting, and posting, great photos - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #21
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Perfect (or at least close enough). Slap that link in the thread about your P.38, and you are in business.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #22

IPSC .22
Davesrb.....

pro....nice soft lighting
con.....too cluttered of background that obscures rifle details.
IPSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #23

clackinator .22
One thing I will add. I have a 12 mega pixel digital camera. On the round dial with all the little icons there is one that looks like a little flower. (kind of like a Tulip). I never knew what that was until about 2 weeks ago when I was told it was for taking close up photos. Now I use that feature all the time. It works well for taking a photo up close of a serial number on a pistol or even for getting really close to a coin to take photos. If you have a newer digital camera, chances are you have that little flower setting.
clackinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #24

GeoNole94 .22
Below is part of a post that I cut and pasted from the P5 page to help someone who was trying to post some photos of a P5c.

I suggest turning off the flash and using indirect light or natural sunlight. There are plenty of upgrades from that to produce better photos (e.g., polarizer to reduce glare), but IMO the first and most important step is to turn off the flash. See the examples below of direct and indirect fluorescent and sunlight. All of these were shot with an Olympus point and shoot compact camera in automatic-everything mode. (My Nikon DSLR photos are much better, but they have not yet been uploaded to Photobucket.)

Flash off, direct indoor fluorescent (note the tube reflection on the slide):

Flash off, indirect indoor fluorescent:

Outdoors in the shade:

Sunlight, afternoon, hazy:

Sunlight, afternoon, full sun:

Sunlight, afternoon, full sun (macro mode):
searcher451 and Pilotsteve like this.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Please feel free to weigh in, to offer step-by-step advice, to make suggestions, to start from scratch so that those of us who aren't as adept at it can perhaps pick up the skills and become better contributors ... or even become initial contributors.
Searcher, I think I'm going to start a new thread sometime soon when I get a little spare time (Ha!) with step-by-step instructions complete with lots of pictures. You know, a "Posting Pictures for Dummies" kinda thing so the forum members who are having technology issues can easily post their pictures for all to see.

-Pilotsteve
searcher451 and Mr_Jumper like this.
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #26
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Look forward to seeing that, Steve. We could definitely use a simple, step-by-step series of instructions for the posting novice.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #27

GeoNole94 .22
I think that Tanfoglio showed us his indirect-lighting photo box some time back, and I recall another version being shown on the forum. Those setups will produce the most even light and settings can be optimized on the camera, hence The King's fantastic photos. I often shoot my photos inside so that I can post them quickly while suffering from a case of "new gun fever" or outside while I am shooting. But for serious photos, you can't beat using a photo box (or whatever the proper name is). My $0.02.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #28

labloverva .22
I don't understand why, if using a cell phone camera, we cannot post a picture to this forum, the say way we post pictures to Facebook. All you do is browse a picture file on your phone, select the pic or pics you want to post, and FB will do the rest. That would be a plus for this site in posting pictures.
labloverva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #29
Administrator

admin .22
Hey guys, thank you for all your inputs. I just wanted to let you know that I have moved this thread over to the Walther General Discussion as the previous location "Feedback, Comments and Issues" is dedicated more for logging on issues, avatars not working, unable to see your pictures.

Thank you for your contributions and enjoy the site! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns

Cheers,
Natalie
admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Search tags for this page
photoing firearms
posting great pictures on facebook
ppk shooting tatics

walther forums tips for posting pictures

walther pp shooting tips and techniques
Click on a term to search for related topics.