Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By searcher451

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
'What should I pay for it?' and 'How much is this worth' questions? Start here

Sponsored Links
We get a lot of requests for "What should I pay for this?" or "How much is this gun really worth" or "I saw this offered online the other day and wondered if it was a good price?" In truth, there's no Blue Book of Gun Values or other ready-reference resource that's available to us online that we know about. Consequently, the recommendation often becomes: Check the completed auctions to get an idea of what people actually were willing to pay for a particular firearm; you can make a determination in your own head as to what the gun might be worth from that.

So ... how do you get the information on completed auctions? First, sign on to the GunBroker and Auction Arms online sites (checking both is better than using one or the other exclusively). Next, narrow your search to the specific gun you are interested in: an Interarms-made PPK/S, for example, or a Walther P5. Then go to the drop-down menu and select Completed Auctions. This will show you every completed deal from the past few months and will indicate whether there were any bids entered into the system (just keep in mind that a bid does not equal an actual sale). Click away until you determine whether the gun in question sold and, if it did, the actual dollar amount of the winning bid.

UPDATE on the Gunbroker check:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/w...gunbroker.html

If new guns are your thing, here are some other sources that you might want to use to check prices:

http://www.sportingarms.com/

http://www.jetguns.com/index.php

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

Happy hunting
Gem1950 likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 03-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #2

wesle94 .22
I have a Walther PP Super and 10 boxes of 9x18 ultra ammo .It is 95% or better in box with all paper work.Can some one give me an approximate value on it
thanks wesle94
wesle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #3

wesle94 .22
I also have a 380 that looks like a walther ppk but it says Manurin on it .it is also in 90 to 95% condition ,Can anyone give me some info on this pistol?
thanks wesle 94
wesle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesle94 View Post
I also have a 380 that looks like a walther ppk but it says Manurin on it .it is also in 90 to 95% condition ,Can anyone give me some info on this pistol?
thanks wesle 94
The 'Manurhin myth' explained

This should get you pointed in the right direction. Congratulations, by the way. The Manurhin-marked PPKs arer absolutely beautiful; the quality and craftsmanship is first-rate.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #5

donmarfarm .22
looking for a barrel for my ppk/s 22lr made in west germany and imported by interarms. where do i look and how much should i expect to pay? please help. you can email me at donmarfarm@cs.com
donmarfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #6

Diver6106 .22
Unhappy Parts vs. Pistol

Unfortunately, dealers are breaking up WW II P-38 sets to sell as parts. This has probably been happening for a while as they pulled out the magazines and substituted a modern one. Or sold holsters separate. Now Riley is selling slide, frame and barrel assemblies separately on GB. Now THAT is sadder than cut modifications.
Diver6106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Trading Post / Parts Bin

Search tags for this page

how much is it worth carlsan cs700

how much should i pay for a walther 22 pistol

should i get a i8 or a p5

what is a walther p5 worth?

what should i pay for a walther 380 ppk/s

Click on a term to search for related topics.