WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Supporting Vendors > Tactical Design & Research

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Supporting Vendor

REDFISH .22
Sprinco Recoil Reducer for Walther P99/PPQ

Sponsored Links
There has been quite a lot of talk on the forum here on Sprinco Recoil Reducers. I have handled them for many years. I feel that the product give a good amount of recoil reduction. Combine this with proper grip and shooting principles and you can dramaticlly reduce recoil. Below are 2 different videos that I like to use to demonstrate proper grip technique.

Walther PPQ/P99 Stainless Steel Guide rod.(Includes Recoil Spring) Extend the life of your weapon by installing a Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System. Available in 9mm & 40 S&W . A secondary, or sub-spring assembly is incorporated onto a heat treated, stainless steel guide rod to cushion the slide to frame impact! All components, including the chrome silicon wire secondary springs, are hand polished to a brilliant finish for reduced friction. Our products are used by many of the top competition shooters in the world, including both World and Multi-National Champions. Their reliability is validated by their use by Law Enforcement and Special Forces around the world in combat deployment. Sprinco USA Recoil Reducers make a significant difference by the management of peak impact forces to the slide /frame interface. The graduated sub-spring is engineered and critically positioned in each model to ensure normal cycling and reliability. In most models, the spent case has already been ejected prior to slide deceleration. The reduced slide to frame impact results in reduced energy transfer to the grip, wrist, and other extremities ("less felt recoil"), as well as extending the duty cycle of your pistol. This is a proven effective no frills, no gimmick approach to recoil management. Installation is as easy as installing your stock guide rod system. No firearm modification is necessary to enjoy significant reductions in muzzle flip and perceived (felt) recoil. The system improves your shooting with faster follow up shots, faster sight recovery and improves control of your rapid fire shot strings. While you may not be bothered by the recoil of your gun, expert as well as novice shooters benefit from faster target acquisition and lowered split times. Some of the benefits of installing a Sprinco Recoil Management System in your firearm include: LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST BREAKAGE Reduces Muzzle Climb Protects Your Firearm Faster Sight Recovery CMP & IPSC Legal Reduce Felt (Perceived) Recoil Heat Treated 17-4 Stainless Steel Chrome Silicon Wire Secondary Springs Never Have to Be Replaced No Modification to Firearm Required. Part# SPR-PPQ

If you have any questions please contact me.
Tony (REDFISH)

Last edited by REDFISH; 07-16-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Good stuff, Tony. Thanks for being here and supporting the forum.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Supporting Vendor

REDFISH .22
Thanks Searcher,

Glad to be here and I will be adding a lot of new Walther products this year.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #4

olds .22
Alan from Sprinco mentioned bad experiences for some of the P99s that are chambered in .40 cal. I ordered a recoil reducer for mine, and it was unfortunately one that this system will not work for. The spring rate sent out is WAY heavier than the stock spring. The slide could not come back enough to lock the slide on the last rounds, and many times could not even go back enough to grab the next rounds. Personally, I felt that a spring rate closer to stock would have worked. Sprinco was dead set on not trying more springs, and suggested a refund.

Sprinco was very aware of this issue, but nothing about it is advertised in any of my searches. If I knew it was an issue I would have never ordered this in the first place. I spent $90 on the item that did not function. I spent $10 on the shipping to get it to me, which it only cost me $4 to ship back. I went through about 250-300 rounds of ammo. It was a mix of different ammo. Some winchester, and remington FMJ, and a couple different brands of defense rounds. Probably in the ball park of $150 in wasted ammo. Not at all a pleasant experience.

So, just a warning for any that may have been considering this for your .40 cals. It may work just fine, but it also may not cycle at all. FWIW, Alan at Sprinco said the 9mm have less issues.

Last edited by olds; 12-19-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #5

bstjohn .22
PPQ 40S&W Springco Recoil reducer.

I Boutght the Sprigco system for my Walther PPQ 40S&W not seeing to many reviews for it so i went ahead and got it. I went to the range to go test fire it. I put the first clip in that is S&W99 mag that works perfectly with it no problems feeding or jamming from any of the 3 I own (with stock spring). I also used a Walther P99 mag that i found would also work for my gun for about $65 (P99 and PPQ 40S&W have the same mags). . For my third clip that I used was a Factory PPQ mag. started with the S&W99 mag using the springco recoil system. I Fire and a jam is all I got for the whole mag. Thinking it was the mag i tryed with the Walther P99 mag same thing then the PPQ mag after about the 8th or 9th jam or so i shot and heard a weird noise. i checked the gun and saw the shell had exploded in my gun the brass is like a mushroom Chamber still open. The bullet casing on the round below it was bent. So I clear the jam and try to pull the mag out. I finaly got it out after trying really hard to get it out. The mag was all bent to hell.
I called springco to ask them why the spring would do this and to see if they could refund my money plus the 65 dollar mag that it destroyed. They put me in touch with the owner supposedly, and before i could tell him the story he knew exactly what the damage looked like on the shell casing and tryed to tell me it was the mag and walther is having some feeding issues with the PPQ mags and fed me some BS about how Walther has not adressed it yet. I said no I used 3 Diffrent mags and he then told me ohh well it was your ammo Then. I told him no I put the Factory spring in and it works fine with the same ammo and mags.
He then told me well why did you keep fireing it if it was jamming. I told him i was trying to figure out the problem with it. So the solution to this problem he comes up with is that I send the spring back at my cost. $90 spring $10 shipping to me and $10 shipping back to him. plus the 65 dollar mag that it destroyed that he told me that he will not replace bc they wrote it on the package that they will not fix any damages that there products cause. That puts me at $85 for the postage and mag (That it destroyed) and a refund of $90 so i have 5 dollars out of the $90 dollars that i was charged for the spring.
I am in no way trying to bad mouth Springco they may have some nice products but i will never buy anything else from them again. The treatment recieved I feel springco did not do the right thing. I told him i feel like they do not stand behind there products. In his response, we do stand behind our products. You make your own choice about them. This is more of a review of the Springco recoil reducer. They are Just lucky that shell did not blow up in my face i guess i am pretty lucky too. if you want pics i still have the shell's and mag. just email me.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #6

olds .22
I was also given the line about how unreliable the walther magazines are, and to check the gap of the magwell. I don't think I still have the email, but if my memory is correct it was supposed to be around .385". Mine were all with in specs, and parallel. None more than .001" discrepancy. I have run a couple hundred rounds through the stock mags flawlessly since. I strongly believe the spring rate was simply too heavy for the charge of the round to overcome in my case.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Supporting Vendor

REDFISH .22
olds,

Was this purchased thru Me at Tactical Design or somewhere else? The reason I am asking as I have had a few returns and have been asked to evaluate the feeding issues with this product. Just wondering if yours is one of the 2 returns I have here to evaluate. Hope to get to the range next week to check out the issues discussed here.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #8

olds .22
Yes, I ordered this from the TDR site of yours. Mine is one of the 2 awaiting to see how they operate under your test conditions. I look forward to hear the results.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Supporting Vendor

REDFISH .22
Olds, I wll try and get to the range next week and report my findings.

Was yours a 40 or 9mm? PM me your name so I can pull your order.
Thanks Tony

Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #10

skeeter149 .22
are.there any issues with the 9mm and sprinco? sorry I am looking into this now and searching.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Supporting Vendors > Tactical Design & Research

Tags
sprinco, sprinco p99, sprinco ppq, sprinco recoil reducer

Search tags for this page

ppq recoil reducer

ppq recoil reduction

recoil reduction system for walther ppq

recoil reduction walther ppq
sprinco recoil reducer

sprinco recoil reducer for walther p99/ppq

sprinco recoil reducer walther p99

walther ppq recoil

walther ppq recoil reducer

walther ppq recoil reduction

walther ppq recoil reduction spring

walther ppq recoil spring
Click on a term to search for related topics.