WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #1

agksimon .22
PPS magazine loaders

Sponsored Links
What kind of magazine loaders work well with the PPS?
agksimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #2

Gun_Enthusiast .22
Maglula's upLULA universal loader is pretty much the be all and end all of loaders for the 9mm to .45 range
Gun_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #3

Yosemite Sam .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
What kind of magazine loaders work well with the PPS?
Your fingers?

Seriously, how difficult is it to load 6-8 rounds? Loaders are usually used (at least by me) when loading high caps, rifle mags, etc. The spring tension on the little PPS mags just isn't great enough to require a mechanical aid, for me.

If you really need a loader, check out a "LULA". They often work for multiple weapons.

-- Sam
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #4

Couzin .22
Yup - fingers...
Couzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #5

rhinoh .22
Fingers here...haven't had a problem loading PPS mags...9 and 40.
rhinoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #6

Malysh .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Your fingers?

Seriously, how difficult is it to load 6-8 rounds? Loaders are usually used (at least by me) when loading high caps, rifle mags, etc. The spring tension on the little PPS mags just isn't great enough to require a mechanical aid, for me.

If you really need a loader, check out a "LULA". They often work for multiple weapons.

-- Sam
You might want to consider some people get arthritis in their hands, fingers, thumbs, etc. Not everybody who uses magazine fed weapons is still 21 years old. Maybe the gent who asked the question is older than you think?
Malysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #7

dontshakepandas .22
I have used my upLULA with no problems. I don't need it nearly as much as I did with my M&P but it is still faster and easier. The best part is that it works with just about any gun, so you only need one loader for your entire collection.
dontshakepandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #8

Yosemite Sam .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malysh View Post
You might want to consider some people get arthritis in their hands, fingers, thumbs, etc. Not everybody who uses magazine fed weapons is still 21 years old. Maybe the gent who asked the question is older than you think?
Thanks for the attempted guilt trip, but I'm already booked. There is nothing in agksimon's post to indicate any physical limitation. If you'd like to imply that, more power to you.

FWIW, I'm 48 myself, with more aches and pains every day...

For the record, I wouldn't recommend the PPS for someone with arthritis that bad. The slide is particularly hard to rack, and there are simply better choices if you're physically limited. Maybe a revolver, even.

-- Sam
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #9

agksimon .22
PPS Magazine Loaders

I found a magazine loader that works well, not the Uplula. My daughter uses it to load for me at the range. I don't need it.
agksimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #10

Couzin .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malysh View Post
I'm 60 and and disabled with avascular necrosis in most of my really useful joints - hobble around on a cane (or two canes depending on how bad of a day it is). Hands also hurt like heck. I still load all of my pistol magazines with my fingers because I can feel how the rounds are going in. But no matter how bad I feel or hurt - I still put on a leg brace and go shoot a couple rounds of skeet once a week of so (takes a week to mend enough to do it again). I haven't been able to go to the fields for birds for a while - but if I take enough pills and rest for a month beforehand - maybe...

I fully understand someone who hurts so bad, or doesn't have the strength anymore to load magazines by hand. The point is - the loader isn't always with you - should some rediculous thing happening like the magazine floorplate falling off and rounds scattering on the floor during a SHTF event - you either need to be able to load those rounds back in another magazine quickly - or get theeself to a revolver.

Just my two cents (probably worth way less at this point in time)!!
Couzin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
magazine loader for walther pps
magazine loader walther pps
pps 43 magazine loader
pps-43 magazine loader

speed loader for walther pps

speedloader for walther pps
walther magazine loader

walther pps 9mm magazine loader

walther pps mag loader

walther pps magazine loader

walther pps speed loader

walther speed loader
Click on a term to search for related topics.