WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #1

Hawk .22
Laser Sight For PPS

Sponsored Links
I am looking for a sight for the PPS and would like to find something that will "flow" with the contour of the gun's lower receiver.

How about the sight for the P22? It looks like it would be a good match, but I don't know if the dimensions will work.

Thoughts?
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #2

BaTMaN45 .22
I have no data to back any of this up but my guess would be that a walther factory brand laser made for the p22 will not work. Not saying its quality isn't of high standards, just that the price of the laser for the p22 is extemly low compaired to the laser for the p99 which leads me to believe being mouted onto a larger caliber pistol such as a 9mm or a .40 will kick the laser around so much that you would have to adjust frequently thus renders its purpose. I guess it'll look pretty cool though. But don't take my word for it. Hell, I hope it does work so when the .40cal comes I can get one of those lasers too. Keep us posted on what you find out
BaTMaN45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #3

WaltherPPS .22
I have seen and tried a Laserlyte Sub Compact laser and it fits the PPS really well! It is just a fraction of an inch over 1" wide and so is the PPS. It mounts on the rail below the barrel and sticks down about 1/2". There is a small red push button on the back side toward the rear left of the laser and the trigger guard on the PPS is just the right size to not interfere with the power button. I think I am going to get one of these. They range from $100-$120 depending on where you get it. I have seen a few reviews and some like it, while a few say they don't. The negatives from some say that they tightened the rail clamp up too tight and stripped the aluminum. Another said you can't see the laser past 5-8' in daylight. I personally shined the laser out in the daylight and it will obviously be hard to see (you are competing with a friggin burning star of a sun). It does shine out to about 12', but the dot gets really hard to tell where it is as the laser light gets washed out by the sunlight. I don't know about you, but having a laser on my gun would only be for low light conditions anyway. A more powerful laser will be larger to fit larger batteries and a higher watt laser module. I will leave that to the big tactical rifles as they need a 3000' laser...
I hope that trijicon or someone comes out with some night sights. I will probably get the laser now, and the night sights later as a back-up. The night sights work well in the sun, so they would be the best to always get used to using anyway, with the laser helping out to pinpoint a target under low light and high stress.

Here is a link to the Laserlyte that I like:

http://www.laserlyte.com/sub-compact...140/index.html
Walther PPS FE #062
Browning Buckmark UDX .22 pistol
Ruger 10/22 .22 rifle
WaltherPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #4

WaltherPPS .22
Oh yes, I forgot this one too...
It is actually listed on teh Walther (german) site as the light offered by Walther to fit the PPS. There is the light only version or the light with laser. It says it is 1.4" wide so it is a bit wider than the gun (due to the light). Also, the laser is way down low. I would have to think that would really affect the accuracy of the laser if your target is way closer or father away that what you sight the laser in at. I am sure it is rugged, but I wish there was no light on it to help with concealability. If Walther offers it as the only laser or light for the PPS, then hopefully they will come up with a holster that wil accommodate that massive hunk at the end of the barrel...

Here it is:
http://www.insightlights.com/products-x2l.htm
Walther PPS FE #062
Ruger 10/22 .22 rifle
Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #5

Hawk .22
Given what I've found online I may have a laser holder CNC'ed myself. I think its ridiculous that they are recommending a laser that is thicker than the frame. It should be easy enough to have one made to fit if someone doesn't come out with one first.

Basically a scaled down P22 sight will fit the bill, a good machine shop should be able to crank one out pretty well and I can have it finished by a gun refinisher.

Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #6

David S Unproven
Thoughts?

you are lookin at spending ALOT of money there....

that laserlyte one looks interesting
David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #7

Hawk .22
Yep - it will cost more than a stock item, but I carry this weapon so I won't scrimp on the accessories or settle on a product that compromises the profile or use of the firearm.

I think the cost will be under $250 if I can keep it simple. I will likely have to buy a P22 sight as a template. From what I can tell its going to be too thick to use on the PPS, so they will have to scale it down.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #8

WaltherPPS .22
I am the type of person who loves to build and engineer stuff. I agree that a P22 laser may be made to fit, but ... is it a rugged enough platform to start with? That laser was not made for the recoil that the 9mm or .40 can deliver on this small and light framed gun.
What about the one made for the P99c? That one will be rugged enough, but the price is higher due to the extra toughness that they are built to.
Same problems happened when people bought some small cheap lasers off ebay and they used them on thier 9mm. They flew abart after a about 20 rounds due to the intense recaiol compared to what they were designed for (aisoft up to .22 cal). This holds true with scope too, as a .22 scope is built so much different than a centerfire scope and the price reflects that.

So I am not saying to NOT do it, but just be sure you are starting with a good product first before taking the time and $$ to slim it down and make it even less robust.
Walther PPS FE #062
Ruger 10/22 .22 rifle
Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #9

Hawk .22
Sorry - I wasn't clear... I am only buying the P22 sight as a template. I don't intend to use any of the parts at all (including the lazer).
Old 09-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #10

marty456 .22
The Walther P22 laser sight does fit the PPS and works in my concealed carry and range holsters. However, when I mount mine on my PPS, about every 5th shot sends it flying end-for-end down range. Gets a chuckle from the guys. Would be great if it had a way to compress it onto the rail so it would stay in place.
marty456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
laser for pps

laser for walther pps

laser sight for walther pps
laser sights for walther pps
laser walther pps

pps laser

walther pps 40 laser
walther pps accessories

walther pps laser

walther pps laser sight

walther pps laser sights
walther pps with laser
Click on a term to search for related topics.