WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #51

roninart .22
Sponsored Links
This is the one I have and what I found to be recommended by several users-
LimbSaver :: Firearms :: Handgun Grips :: Pro Handgun Grip / LARGE SUB-COMPACT Sub-Compact Semi-Automatic Pistols
I think the smaller one that fits AR's doesn't work as well.
I fully expected to have some recoil issues with my 40 and I was really surprised not to have any. For myself I barely notice a difference between my PPS and my 9mm. I know it kicks more but I'm not feeling it which I'm very happy about. I can't think of anything special I'm doing and decided the grip cover wasn't needed, I do make sure while gripping that the web between my thumb and my pointer is pressed firmly into the upper part in what I think is called a high grip. It has to do with lever action and the higher your grip is the less amount of a lever there is so the felt recoil is less. I'm also not squeezing like crazy only holding firmly. I'm able to easily do double taps accurately with the PPS 40 . Want to try someone's compact 45 to see how that feels.
roninart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #52

roninart .22
Wow I just reread that and I'm not sure if it makes any sense, it's really late so I should be sleeping not trying to explain shooting grip, lol.
searcher451 likes this.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #53
cam

cam .22
After Market Pistol Grip

Ed,
Thought I would let you know that I've tried the suggestions you made concerning the grip and while in Florida I went by some gun shops to see if I could find a limb saver grip but was unable to. I did find a Hogue Grip and it was pretty cheap ($8.00) so I thought I would try it since I had nothing to really lose. I trimmed it to fit as it was pretty much a universal grip for small ccw pistols (photo attached). I also tried the highest possible grip on the back strap as you suggested. It worked wonderfully and I noticed a great difference. The grip seemed to fit the contour of the hand better and the stippling seemed to give a better grip on the pistol. I had no problems with the pistol and ran about 250 rounds through it on Saturday and the pistol preformed well with every round placed in the 9 or center rings as I was shooting for accuracy not as a pistol would be used in a combat situation. Thanks for the advice it served me well both now and in the future and worked out just fine. The recoil was still present but it was not felt as much with the modifications. Thought I might ask your opinion of the best holster for the concealed carry of this pistol. Hope your weekend was good too.
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninart View Post
This is the one I have and what I found to be recommended by several users-
LimbSaver :: Firearms :: Handgun Grips :: Pro Handgun Grip / LARGE SUB-COMPACT Sub-Compact Semi-Automatic Pistols
I think the smaller one that fits AR's doesn't work as well.
I fully expected to have some recoil issues with my 40 and I was really surprised not to have any. For myself I barely notice a difference between my PPS and my 9mm. I know it kicks more but I'm not feeling it which I'm very happy about. I can't think of anything special I'm doing and decided the grip cover wasn't needed, I do make sure while gripping that the web between my thumb and my pointer is pressed firmly into the upper part in what I think is called a high grip. It has to do with lever action and the higher your grip is the less amount of a lever there is so the felt recoil is less. I'm also not squeezing like crazy only holding firmly. I'm able to easily do double taps accurately with the PPS 40 . Want to try someone's compact 45 to see how that feels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0506132238.jpg (35.3 KB, 15 views)
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."
Adolf Hitler
"If we don't learn from the mistakes of the past; we are doomed to relive them."
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #54

roninart .22
Glad things are working out, if you get a chance still try the Limbsaver as it doesn't need any trimming and extends to the area the webbing between your thumb and pointer.
As for holsters I've tried a bunch and couldn't recommend a specific one since I actually use different ones depending on how I plan to carry that day. I do like Remora holsters though.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #55
cam

cam .22
CCW Holster

Ed,
Just got in off the lake and saw the post. I only have experience in concealed carry in law enforcement. I use to carry a S&W Model 10-7 K Frame 2" Barrel 38 Spl. in an ankle holster but the PPS is a bit large for that carry. I looked at the Remora Holster (IWB) and I think that's the way I'll go. I also thought about the "pocket" style holster and wondered if it may be OK but the IWB would probably be better for me and easier to access. The PPS just keeps getting better each time I take it to the range (still no issues). I will get a limb saver as the Hogue seems to slip some after extended shooting. I have been trying different loads to find the one that gives the best velocity with the least recoil using different powders and a 180 gr. projectile. Hope your weekend was good. Thanks

Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninart View Post
Glad things are working out, if you get a chance still try the Limbsaver as it doesn't need any trimming and extends to the area the webbing between your thumb and pointer.
As for holsters I've tried a bunch and couldn't recommend a specific one since I actually use different ones depending on how I plan to carry that day. I do like Remora holsters though.
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."
Adolf Hitler
"If we don't learn from the mistakes of the past; we are doomed to relive them."
cam is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
hd sights for pps
pps front sight
sighting in pps 40
sighting in walther pps
walter pps 40. forums

walther pps 40

walther pps 40 sight setting
walther pps 40 sights
walther pps 40 sights shooting low

walther pps front sight

walther pps sight distance

walther pps sights

Click on a term to search for related topics.