WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #1

este .22
Swap a 10# gun to a regular trigger pull?

Sponsored Links
My dealer has a 10# gun (for some unknown reason) and will give me a good deal on it. However, I obviously do not want the 10# pull.

What parts are different? If it's just a spring, can I just swap it out?
este is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #2

este .22
Really? No one has done this?
este is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #3

Tom3holer .22
Este,

It can be done. It is not the spring, but the disconnector that needs to be replaced. The 10lb trigger pull is required in the state of Mass so the reason for it. The standard disconnector is labeled with a "S" the heavy trigger pull on is labeled "H". The change is not for the faint of heart as I have read. A smithe should be able to do it if needbe.

Tom
Tom3holer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #4

pps4life .22
Whats a "good deal"?
pps4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #5

eveled .22
Curious if anybody outside of Mass. would want the heavier trigger? Anybody believe it is safer? Especially for a carry gun.
eveled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #6

Firemanjones .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveled View Post
Curious if anybody outside of Mass. would want the heavier trigger? Anybody believe it is safer? Especially for a carry gun.
I wouldn't on my PPS. The only time I would is on a DA/SA gun, and then I modify those.
The dealer probably can't sell it and will cut the price to get rid of it.
As pps4life asked, what is the deal? It may not be worth it for all the aggravation you will have to go through to change out the disconnector.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #7

MMMB .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveled View Post

My PPS has the S connector, I made sure of that before I bought it, even though I'm in MA it came thru standard with it like that.

You can tell anyway, because the MA connector is horrible....they say ten pounds it's more like 15. It s a joke, to answer your question, no one in their right mind would want that POS trigger. It's not safer, it more dangerous.

We have convoluted laws in MA that say pistols need a heavy trigger. The actual wording from the AG is "so a child cannot pull it". There is no actual number stated by law, the intent of this is to be so vague it's difficult and people start making up their own laws, etc...and it becomes a nightmare.

Anyway, at some point, smith and wesson decided pretty much to use 10# as the number. And most of the MA pistols they ship are at least that....with really crap triggers. Smith, and Walther distributed by Smith, were really the only polymer pistols that had terrible triggers.

However, there are a lot of pistols in MA with good triggers, any MA Compliant 1911's, Ruger SR series, Walther P99, Glocks (although most dealers won't sell new ones), Kahrs....the list goes on.....for some reason, Smith is the only one to follow the rule on this so called regulation and most of the PPS I've handeled had the heavy trigger when they shipped from SW.

When a light trigger model came into MA from FT Smith, I grabbed it immediately, because i always wanted one, just didn't want to deal with the sucky trigger. It's not illegal, and you can legally modify any trigger you want. I'd say 95% of the M&P series pistols sold here probalby get after mod triggers, like Apex, because they are so bad. In fact, I'm not sure why people even buy M&P's here, because you can get a 400 dollar Ruger SR with a great trigger vs. buying a 500 dollar M&P, then having to pay another 100 for a trigger job on it.

Last edited by MMMB; 12-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.
MMMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
10lb trigger massachusetts

can you change a walther pps 10lb trigger

cganfe trigger pull on mass walther pps
change pps trigger to heavy trigger
trigger pull of pps pounds

walther pps heavy trigger

walther pps massachusetts trigger job
walther pps trigger 10lb trigger

walther pps trigger job

walther pps trigger pull

walther pps trigger pull weight

what is 10 lb pull in gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.