WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #11

M_E_ .22
Sponsored Links
Guess you are going to have a move in your future.

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #12

Location: Currently out of a very big sand box. Now sitting atop a Mountain tracking the Tribesmen.
ISOTOX .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington_Patriot View Post
After much research, I purchased a PPS40 from a local shop. Reading Dmers post about cleaning and lubrication, out to the range I went...and there occured my first surprise. Oh, no...not with the weapon...with my hand! Seems my trigger finger has arthritis in it. That I could live with...but in MA the only way you can buy the PPS is with a 10.5 pound trigger pull. Add my arthritis on top of that, and I am an accident looking for some place to happen.

Legal question for this fine bunch of people: the disconnector has the "H" mark, which I believe marks the weapon as a "heavy" pull. I know there is an "S" disconnector which I have been led to believe would change the PPS to a 5 or 6 pound pull. The legal question is, can I substitute the "S" disconnect?

In MA after you buy the gun you can do what you wish with regards to the trigger....when I did mine I called S&W they gladly sold me the S Disconnector and away I went...when I am not wondering the hill's of some s***hole third world country I live North of Boston....Carl at Four Season's or Earl can verfyi what I am saying if you have any questions concerning this issue...if you need a local smith in the area I can suggest a few that will do it for you for short money...Good Luck

I own the PPS in 40 as well...I however did my trigger job prior to letting it break in...either way the trigger is just as gritty in the begining....I might suggest you let it break in and see how you feel about the trigger...if you dont like it then go for the lighter pull...for the normal everyday shooter not sure you going to be comfortable......

Last edited by searcher451; 02-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.
ISOTOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #13

Location: Currently out of a very big sand box. Now sitting atop a Mountain tracking the Tribesmen.
ISOTOX .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
I agree generally however this guy has a legitimate medical reason for the modification which could assist if he ever needed to use it while CCing. Again this is why I suggested to contact the local/state police and talk to them. Might even be worth the trip and call and make an appointment to have a sit down with an officer.

They would be the last people I would ask....in the State of MA....big joke. You could find out more on the side of a milk carton....just say'n

Last edited by ISOTOX; 02-19-2012 at 09:53 PM.
ISOTOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #14

M_E_ .22
I have a simple question for all you guys back in those Liberal Bastions of cold states.

How can you stand living there? Not to hijack this thread but the weather is bad enough to make me move. How do you put up with a society of Liberal wack jobs? It would make me puke. I'm from Ohio. I have lived in Arizona for over 34 years now. When I came out here, I immediately felt "freedom" in the air. No one hasled you. No one cared if you walked thru down town Phoenix with a gun on your side. Hell, the cops didn't care if you were cruising down the road, sipping on your Bud Light!

But with more & more of the Liberals flocking out to Arizona (especially the Phoenix area) things have changed. Guess I'm going to have to move to Prescott. That's the same as it was 30+ years ago. Where in Mass. does the County Government do a CHRISTMAS PAGEANT from the steps of the Court House where they READ FROM THE BIBLE. They CELIBATE the birth of Christ. Then they light the Court House Christmas lights & sing Christmas carols along with more Scriptures.

No Liberals in that town ~ it's just perfect!

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Are we really going to go here?

The answer is no ... let's keep the discussions on-topic and gun-related, folks. Please.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #16

Keymab1808 .22
Isotox sorry to revive an old tread but where did you get the "s" disconnect and was it easy to install. Or do you of a decent gunsmith in SEMass who can do it

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ictdot
Keymab1808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #17

Malysh .22
Sorry to read about you arthritis!
My shooting finger has a middle joint that bulges out like a football compared to the others. It's from a minor machinery accident when I was about 23. I have some arthritis in the finger but thankfully it's not very bad even at 60.

Isotox has given you some good advice. I don't know anything about 4 Seasons but I know Earl Sheehan for at least 10 years and he would be sure to know that the modification is legal in MA.
You can find him at Earl's Repair Service for questions. Walther Firearms and Accessories, Earl's Repair Service Inc. - Home Page
Good luck with the modification.

As far as asking the authorities for a waiver due to a handicap, I can't say for sure but my opinion is that would be a waste of breath and time.
Malysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #18

83v45magna .22
When this topic has come up before on this and the defunct PPStalk forum, the representative posters from Massechusettstan have all said they 'checked with authorities' 'read the law' and even 'consulted with an attorney' and they all came back with the same story. That it is illegal for a merchant to sell a new pistol without the Hercules trigger but that the buyer is allowed to change to a lighter trigger on his/her own, legally, and still reside and possess the firearm in Mass.

If I lived there, I would take in the hearsay above and still have to check with my own state representative to make sure. I would not talk to the cops. Too many have demonstrated a bias on the subject of armed citizens and it is clear at least some of them operate without a firm grasp of the law anyway.

With all that, I personally would have already changed to the standard trigger regardless by the time I got an answer I was confident with.

This reminds me of a question that used to come up in Texas all the time about whether it was legal to have a pistol in your car. You could ask twenty cops and get twenty different answers with specifics about just how to go about it.

'Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí Walthers, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.' - Jeff Dexter Boomhauer III
83v45magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #19

SF340_Driver .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olympicmotors View Post
If you go the glocktalk.com and read Mas Ayoob's column he is frequently asked this question. It is the general consensus to not modify a carry weapon, especially the trigger pull weight. This can come back to haunt you in court when you would otherwise be in the clear.
He is switching out a factory part for another factory part. Ayoob's point is about custom trigger jobs that lighten the trigger below a 4 to 5 pound standard.

I would suggest reading the statute. It may very well say something along the lines of, "no handgun with a trigger weight less than 10 pounds may be sold in the state of MA". If that is the case and you purchased the firearm legally, I don't see why you couldn't modify it after the fact.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am expressing my own personal opinion. Ask a firearms lawyer in your state for any legal advice.
SF340_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #20

john_h .22
It is perfectly legal for the owner to modify the trigger pull in MA.

However S&W would not sell me an S disconnector because I'm in MA. No law, just their policy. Others in MA have been successful in getting the part, just not my luck.
john_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
pps mod
pps modifications
pps modifications portland or
top walther pps modifications
walther pps glocktalk
walther pps massachusetts legal?

walther pps modifications

walther pps modified

walther pps mods

walther pps trigger kit
walther pps trigger mod
walther pps trigger mods
Click on a term to search for related topics.