WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #1

VBVAGUY .22
Thumbs up Newbie Trigger spring question >>>>>>>

Sponsored Links
I recently got the time at a range to try out the range's Walther PPS 9mm and really like it. The problem is that I am used to long and heavy DAO triggers as I have a Keltec PF9, Keltec P11, and S&W Bodyguard 380. I was thinking of purchasing the Walther PPS model WAP10006 which has the heavier 10 pound pull, but they seem to be hard to find. I may have found a used PPS but it has the standard 6 pound trigger. My question is if I were to purchase a regular model PPS with the standard 6 pound trigger pull is it an easy switch to order the trigger spring and install the 10 pounder and then switch it back once I get comfortable and used to the 6 pound trigger or is it more than that ??? Thanks for any info. God Bless
VBVAGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #2

swa0210 .22
As I understand it, the heavier pull was made specifically to comply with one state's laws: MA. Even then, it only applies to purchasing the PPS with the heavy pull, then you can switch it out even if you live in that state. Do you live in that state?

IMO, it just doesn't make much sense to switch it out, then put it back "once you are used to it" . Why not just get used to it right off the bat? It isn't like you are changing it for safety or legal reasons.
swa0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #3

153 .22
The "heavy spring" is in reality a revamped disconnector, marked with an "H" instead of an "S". To change it out you must practically dismantle the entire frame, not an easy task - one best left to the factory.

The "heavy" pull is awful! It's nothing but an anti-gun bureaucrat's wet dream come true. If you want to get a PPS, by all means do so. If you don't think you can handle it's Glock like trigger - give it a pass - there are lots of nice DAO pistols on the market now!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #4

VBVAGUY .22
Thanks everyone for your replies. Does anyone know if this has been attempted before or where I can purchase the PPS WAP10006 model ??? Thanks for any info. God Bless
VBVAGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #5

n5wd .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. Does anyone know if this has been attempted before or where I can purchase the PPS WAP10006 model ??? Thanks for any info. God Bless
The larger gun stores (Jet , Bud's, Cabelas, etc.) should be able to get you the Massachusetts trigger if you ask them and give them the SKU (WAP10006). It may take a while, if it's not in stock. Look at Bud's listings (Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop) shows that they're out of stock right now - and the last price for it was $504.
n5wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #6

M_E_ .22
Get the standard trigger. Get an instructor & pay him money to teach you to shoot a gun properly. A trigger difference should make no difference to you. Neither is a trigger job on the other pistols mentioned. It is up to YOU to learn proper pistol craft. Sorry Dude, that's just a fact of life. You need to retrain your muscle memory to get over those other horrible triggers. Having the "H" disconnector is sort of like buying a new Corvette & having a top speed limiter set at 30 MPH.

You should be savvy enough to pick up ANY gun with ANY trigger & shoot them equally well. It's all determined by your level of training.

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona

Last edited by M_E_; 12-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #7

153 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post

My PPS came with the heavy disconnector. In CA you do not have much of a choice as the PPS is a non roster handgun. I got mine from an LEO who bought it and did not like it. I tired to live with the hevy pull, but it was horrible. I ordered the standard disconnector and switched it out myself.

I have been working with handguns for forty years. Eight of those I worked full time refinishing firearms - so I have alot of expierence taking firearms apart and putting them back together - and having them work.

The PPS was a Chinese puzzle. Once apart, I had my doubts I would be able to re-assemble it. I did get it back together, working and without a scratch. But it was enough of a headache that I will never again dismount it. Unless you have considerable expierence or are an above average mechanic - leave it alone!!!!!

Again, the ten pound pull renders the PPS near worthless in my opinion. There is a reason they are uncommon. Just get the standard pistol and forget about switching parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page

bodyguard 380 spring kit

bodyguard 380 trigger adjustment

bodyguard 380 trigger kit

bodyguard 380 trigger spring

s&w bodyguard trigger job

smith and wesson bodyguard 380 trigger adjustment
spring sets for s&w bodyguard
trigger kit for bodyguard 380
walther pps trigger

walther pps trigger job

walther pps trigger spring
walther wap10006
Click on a term to search for related topics.