WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Banned

writwing Unproven
PPS vs PPQ for CC

Sponsored Links
Trying to decide between the 2 for cc. I realize the pps is smaller but with that goes increases recoil and decreases reliability. How much easier is the PPS to cc in summer? Or how hard is it to cc a PPQ in summer? Can the PPS be carried in a pocket safely?
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #2

Dude22 .22
I carry my PPS 9mm everyday in a High Noon "Closing Argument" holster at the 4:00 position. Easy to conceal and light weight. The recoil is minimal for a sub compact gun and my pistol is 100% reliable. Won't carry it if it wasn't 100% reliable.

SR22

Be safe and always plan for that gun in the back of your head when walking out of the store. Be safe. Be prepared.
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #3

swa0210 .22
reliability issues....? I guess you are equating more recoil to more wear on the firearm, thus more potential for failure. I disagree, you can't inversely correlate recoil with reliability, the PPS is engineered to handle the recoil just fine. Much better in fact, then the people that complain about it, lol.

Let's do a tail of the tape:

PPQ
Dimensions (L/H/W mm)------180/135/34
PPS
Dimensions (L/H/W mm)------161/112/23
Difference-----------------------------------
------------------------------------19/23/11 OR in inches
----------------------------------.75/.90/.43

PPQ
Weight (grams/ounces)----------695/24.5
PPS
Weight (grams/ounces)----------605/21.3
Difference-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------90/3.2

I'll let you sort it out because you need to pick the firearm that is best for you. And you can damn well conceal carry anything if you try.

But the PPS was designed for conceal carry and is second to none in function, feel, and reliability. And it sits pretty flat on your back or at 4 o clock and you can fit it in a pocket if you so choose.
swa0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
I'd offer a third suggestion: The P99C AS.

It's about the same size as the PPS, though a bit thicker, but it has a far superior trigger, IMO, which makes it much more accurate (for me, at least). It also has a greater magazine capacity. The decocker and a quality holster make it an ideal carry piece.

I personally think that all three of these pistols are too large for pocket carry, but your mileage may vary.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #5

davek .22
I pocket carry my PPS in a modified DeSantis Nemesis holster in the right front pocket of my cargo shorts.
My PPS and PPQ have both functioned flawlessly, though I only have a few hundred rounds through the PPQ, probably 1500 in the PPS.
That's the nice thing about the PPS, it's small enough there's no reason not to carry it.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #6

swa0210 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
And it is actually lighter than both with similar L & H to the PPS, but similar W to the PPQ.

How easy is it to get a P99c AS as far as availability?
swa0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #7

ChipM .22
I carry a P99 every day, which is the same size as the PPQ. I've owned smaller guns, and in my opinion they aren't any easier to carry than a larger pistol like the P99. But, the P99 has a significant advantage in capacity and usability.

Of your choices, I'd take a PPQ
ChipM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #8

DBrigade81 .22
The PPQ is easy to conceal compared to other full/midsize handguns. I don't own a PPS but have held one a few times and I think it is a perfect blend of size and weight for a CC gun, meaning it's not to lightweight or small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451

+1 to the P99c, that might be the compromise in what you are looking for, bigger than the PPS and smaller than the PPQ.
DBrigade81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Banned

writwing Unproven
Thanks for the replies. I considered a P99C but it is so close to a PPQ in size. If the gun doesnt disappear on my belt then I might as well carry a PPQ and get all of its advantages.

BTW I just saw a review of teh PPS by NUTNFANCY who says the PPS is bigger than the G26. Is this correct?? I have a 26 and it carries easy but is a BRICK in my hand.
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #10

bigfatdave .38
Quote:
If the gun doesnt disappear on my belt then I might as well carry a PPQ and get all of its advantages.
For me, it is the shorter grip that makes the most difference. After grip length would be thickness, then slide length, then weight.

A PPS can conceal in a pocket, if the pocket is large and properly shaped and the PPS has the flush mag installed. I have really big pockets, and it is marginal for me.
A wider gun would require baggier pants and larger pockets yet.

Quote:
says the PPS is bigger than the G26.
In what dimension? It surely isn't thicker, it might be a hair longer or taller but it has a grip designed for the human hand rather than the lizard-men from dimension Q who run Glock.
And the PPS was designed from the start to be a concealment gun, while the G26 is a shortened duty gun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
ppq dimensions

ppq vs pps

pps vs ppq

walther ppq dimensions

walther ppq for cc
walther ppq size

walther ppq vs pps

walther pps dimensions
walther pps or ppq

walther pps vs ppq

walther pps vs. ppq
walther ppx vs ppq
Click on a term to search for related topics.