WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #1

Burn the Horse .22
Walther PPS vs. Glock 26

Sponsored Links
Just put my PPS up against my buddies Glock. the Walther blew the Glock away in accuracy and comfort. the Glock did however hold more rounds. this however caused it's grip to be almost twice as wide. so, the PPS also won the concealment contest.

i guess it's just what you're looking for. i think those who blindly go after the Glock are doing so for the name and nothing else. if you had both handguns next to one another with no markings, most would probably choose the PPS.
Burn the Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
There are lots of Glock fanboys out there, BtH. Then again, you'll find lots of Walther fans (can't bring myself to say fanboys when it comes to Walther fans) right here. I'm personally glad to say, however, that I haven't met a Glock I wasn't able to pass by. Lord only knows I have enough trouble trying to keep up with all of the Walthers that are out there.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #3

Malinki .22
There's a promotion runing now, too, through 31 May, get a free magazine.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...content=755504
Malinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #4

Burn the Horse .22
the Glock just felt bulky and cumbersome in my hand. the grip was short though, and even though i have small hands, my pink was hanging off it. i dont know, i was just unimpressed and soooooo happy i had chosen the PPS. man, now that I have this handgun, i am very picky. i honestly can't think of ANY other sub-compact i'd rather have.

you're looking at an incredibly satisfied individual right here. too bad S&W customer service sucks.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #5

jonm61 .22
As an owner of both a PPS .40 & Glock 27, I can tell you that they each of their place and frankly, in the case of the PPS vs. Glock, I put them equal in quality. I would not say the same putting my P99 vs. my Glock.

The guns are the same size, except in thickness. The measured difference is small, but it makes a big difference in concealment, depending on where you wear it. If it's on your ankle, it makes no difference at all. Pocket or waistband? Of course.

As far as your pinky being off the bottom of the Glock, that's fixable and it's no different that having a PPS with a small magazine. Since you were talking 9mm, try the 6 rd magazine.

It may not be a factor with the 9mm, but in .40, the small grip of the PPS made it nearly uncontrollable. When I put the large backstrap & a Limbsaver grip sleeve on it, that made all the difference. Never had that problem with my Glock 27, right out of the box, even before I put the Pearce grips on my magazines. My 27 is still more accurate than my PPS. We'll see how that goes over time.

Now, I carry my PPS daily. I used to carry my 27 daily. I find the PPS easier & lighter, but I also carry 2 spare mags, where I only feel the need to carry one with the Glock. Even with that, I'm still 1 round short than I would be with the Glock. I don't care much about that, but still.

I've also never had a problem with my 9 1/2 year old 27, but my just over 1 year old PPS had a recoil spring assembly that fell out when I field stripped it. Now I have a new one, for free, but S&W customer service still sucks.

Glock customer service, on the other hand, has never been anything less than stellar. I just took my 23 & my 27 in there a few weeks ago, just for them to detail strip & clean them. Cost? $0. And I can walk in there tomorrow and do the same thing for the same cost.

S&W? I've been trying for 4 months to get a return label for parts that they shouldn't have shipped. It finally arrived yesterday, after my 3rd phone call. Every experience with them has been like that.

I love my Walthers, despite the PPS problem & the rust problem on my P99. My P99 is still the most accurate gun I've ever fired. But I've never had a single issue with any of my 3 Glocks.

Call me a "fanboy" if you want. I know quality guns and I know what I can entrust my life to. Right now, I trust all of my guns, otherwise I wouldn't own them.

My Glocks are close or better than my Walthers in accuracy, they're $200 cheaper and equal or better in reliability.

Pick on Glock all you want...they make a damn fine handgun.
When the SHTF, you won’t rise to the occasion, you’ll default to the level of your training.
Member NRA, USCCA, GeorgiaCarry.org
jonm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #6

mikemcnair .22
my CCW piece used to be a GLOCK 27. i loved the "heft", the snap, the feel, and the weight. i did not like carrying it though since it was hard to conceal at 4 o'clock (IWB). i never once had an issue with it and i bought it brand new for the same cost i bought my USED PPS for.

i now conceal the PPS, and have grown to love the grip, the slimness, the aesthetics, and the plain old simpleness of firing (just like the GLOCK, the PPS is just simple: load, shoot, clean. lather rinse repeat)

i find the walther equally as easy to fully disassemble to clean, and as easy to reassemble once finished. i prefer the slim profile, and am gladly willing to give up a few rounds to acquire this. also, if i am that bad of a shot that i cannot put my attacker to the ground in 7 shots, let's face it, i shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place.

as for accuracy, i am equal, if not more consistent with the PPS. likely due to the ease of recoil the 9mm provides when compared to the .40 cal i am used to. while firing a 9mm GLOCK (the 26 to be exact) after firing my PPS, i felt the PPS to be more well behaved, and easier to fire VERY CLOSE groupings with, while the GLOCK 26 left a larger grouping by far (which honestly surprised me. i was a better shot with my GLOCK 27 than the GLOCK 26 my buddy rented while at the range)

as mentioned, i put them both on a equally awesome level as previous posts, and when the PPS is purchased used, they can be similar price. i have no problem buying second hand to hit a price point, and was pleased to buy a gun that already was broken in. my PPS was plain perfect from the moment i bought it, no need to wait a few hundred rounds for thar trigger to losen, or the mag springs to set.

simply put: both are great for what they are designed.
i prefer the walther, but loved my GLOCK just as much.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #7

surrealone .38
Per my signature I have a PPS and a Glock 19. They each have their place and uses and I have complete faith in both guns, as I don't limpwrist.

Surrealone
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #8

Burn the Horse .22
hey jonm61, i have the PPS in .40 cal, not 9mm, but thank you for your feedback.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #9

Burn the Horse .22
with the PPS and Glock 27 being so similar, I choose the PPS hands down because it provides greater concealment. im happy to give up a couple rounds if it gives me a slimmer profile.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #10

Trowakd .22
The new 4th gen Glocks feel actually pretty good i was holding a G17 and didn't even notice it was a G17. I can hold a G17 comfortably now! the 3 guns now that have caught my eye the Sig P232 and the new Glocks and of course the Walther P99 still can't find a real bargain yet for P99 i'll keep searching tho.
Trowakd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page

glock 19 vs walther pps

glock 26 vs walther pps

glock 27 vs walther pps

glock vs walther
glock vs walther pps
pps vs glock
walther pps vs

walther pps vs glock

walther pps vs glock 19

walther pps vs glock 26

walther pps vs glock 27

walther vs glock
Click on a term to search for related topics.