WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #11

SMMAssociates .22
Thumbs up

Sponsored Links
UMBlue:

The M&P's will clean up with just a lot of use for most people. I decided to try the Apex kit on one, with excellent results, though. I could have done my own USB (drop safety plunger), but didn't want to muck with the sear. The real problem with this model is that they're stamped out like donuts, and seem to have extreme variations. The Apex kit just dropped in and cleaned things up without me doing much of anything if you don't count the jigsaw puzzle nature of putting the trigger block back into the gun ....

Does "UMBlue" refer to the UofM at Ann Arbor? Both of my sisters and all four of the younger one's kids, are alumni. Makes for some craziness during the OSU-UofM football game 'cause the older of my sisters went to both schools....

Regards,

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
SMMAssociates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #12

Iyyob .22
Thx blue. I think my PPS has about 400 rounds thru it and when Im slowly pulling the trigger it's like I can feel it slow/catch in a few spots before it breaks. Do y'all think taking the edges off the plunger like on that PDF is my answer ? Or polishing somthing else or just more rounds ? I got the PPS after I already have 2 PPQs mabe that's part of my problem...
Iyyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #13

UMBlue .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMAssociates View Post
UMBlueoes "UMBlue" refer to the UofM at Ann Arbor? Both of my sisters and all four of the younger one's kids, are alumni. Makes for some craziness during the OSU-UofM football game 'cause the older of my sisters went to both schools....

Regards,
Yes it does. I'm not an alumn (as if it's not obvious from my autodidactic (poor) grammatical structure). I have some friends and family who are. I'm just a lifelong, hardcore fan (mostly of the football program)... I think "little brother" might refer to me as a "Wal Mart Wolverine".

I live on the border of WVU and VA Tech country now... Which has kept things interesting the last few years.

Quote:
Iyyob Thx blue. I think my PPS has about 400 rounds thru it and when Im slowly pulling the trigger it's like I can feel it slow/catch in a few spots before it breaks. Do y'all think taking the edges off the plunger like on that PDF is my answer ? Or polishing somthing else or just more rounds ? I got the PPS after I already have 2 PPQs mabe that's part of my problem...
I'd probably put at least a few hundred more rounds through it before deciding if it absolutely must be "fixed". If you're still not happy you could probably send it to G&R. He only charges about $30 to do some work on a new PPS purchased through him.

Cursory description of what he does found here...

Walther PPS 9X19 (OUT OF STOCK) at G and R Tactical
UMBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #14

Iyyob .22
Hrmm so with a little more research and a couple hundred more rounds I could do the trigger work he talked about and I'd have a nice trigger... Sounds good, mabe I'll try to take pics and put it all in one post... When I get a few days off work
Iyyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #15

UMBlue .22
Yeah, I haven't gotten into the guts of the PPS yet. From what I hear it's relatively difficult to work on... I've heard that before with other guns and found it to be overblown. Take your time and be careful. If you're at all mechanical inclined you should be able to get good results without messing up your gun (unless the PPS is indeed some PITA monstrosity).

Less is more and all that.

If I were to do it...

I'd just go by the proper break down procedures and polish a little (shape even less) the parts mentioned at the contact points.
UMBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #16

SMMAssociates .22
Thumbs up

Iyyob:

I don't remember how to get that drop safety plunger out, but I would give that some consideration if it's not too difficult. I prefer just to slop Gunslick all over about everything else and shoot the thing. The problem with the plunger is that it rotates, and the point of contact is random. Could take a while to really wear away the contact surfaces.

UMBlue:

I actually went to a UofM football game about 50 years ago.... Even finding parking was fun.... No idea who they played that day....

My sister's kids have seven little ones between them by now, and I think every one's "look at the new baby" picture included an UofM "watch cap" on the baby.... The oldest little one's about 8, the youngest, about six months.

The folks at Clemson SC are a little nuts, btw, about football. The former day job had a plant down there, and I'd visit two to four times a year. The local accountant was all over me about not staying an extra day to watch a game. (Couldn't....)

To add some honesty to this thread, I sold my PPS40 a while back. My pudgy fingers wrapped around the trigger, and every shot was painful. The rather narrow grip wasn't much fun, either, but tolerable enough. My only real complaint (I decided to live with the trigger issues) was the goofy mix of the "safety lock" and the magazine base. Just seemed like a problem waiting to happen. I found out how to get around that, but the decision had already been made. IMHO, though, a PPS9 would have been fine.

Regards,

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
SMMAssociates is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
apex trigger for walther pps
how to polish trigger on pps

pps trigger job

pps trigger pull

ppstalk.com

trigger pull on walther pps
trigger pull walther pps

walther pps trigger

walther pps trigger job

walther pps trigger kit

walther pps trigger polish

walther pps trigger pull

Click on a term to search for related topics.