PPQ M1 and P99 magazines - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 02:42 AM   #1

wormraper .22
PPQ M1 and P99 magazines

I know this has probably been asked before but my search words didn't pull up any answers. I know the P99AS and the PPQ M1 both have the same paddle style magazine and are ALMOST the same gun in many ways, but do the P99 magazines work in the PPQ M1 and Vice Versa? I have a P99 AS right now and LOOOOOOOOOOVE the gun, but really want to add a PPQ to the equation, and if I can swap mags between the M1 and the P99 that would make it all the sweeter (especially since used P99 mags are really common around here in my LGS).... I don't mind the M2, but I'd love to keep the same manual of arms for my Walthers if I can (and mag sharing is always a plus, like I do with my different glocks)

I HAD a walther PPS m2 but I sold it because I found the shield just fit my hand better for some reason (loved both guns really but I sold the PPS to fund the Shield in .45 since I'm a 1911 boy by nature).
wormraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-09-2017, 04:11 AM   #2

Redcat94 .22
P99 20 round and Magnum Research MR9 15 round work fine in my PPQ M1.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:14 AM   #3

DoItRite .22
yes they do indeed. I still have mags for my p99 and they fit just fine, and are the same design. The icing on the cake is that the Magnum research mags and the SW99 mags both work in both guns as well.
DoItRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:24 AM   #4

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
I have about 30+ mags currently in rotation with the two PPQ std and 4 PPQ+2 along with P99 and magnum research ones. All work perfectly regardless of P99 or PPQ.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
If your P99 is of the later generation you'll have no issues with mag interchangeability.

I believe there was an issue with mags from Gen 1, the front lip needed to be shortened to fit the Q.

I know my BE (2014) P99 swaps mags with my Qs with no issues and also with the MR mags as well.

olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #6

wormraper .22
yes it is of the later gens. It was only bought last year brand new, so good to know. I want a PPQ but wanted to know if the M1 was worth it for that feature. guess I'll start saving my pennies
Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 AM   #7
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
The Classic Q seems to melt into your grip. Save your pennies, you'll love it! And think of all the money you are saving with the interchangeable mags...

olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Yep, what they said....your current production P99 will share mags with the PPQ M1, Magnum Research (MAGFA915), and SW99 mags. Personally, I'd not be interested in picking up 'used' mags simply because they're a little cheaper.....they're used.....and weak springs can cause problems. I prefer buying 'new' mags, as they only cost a few dollars more.

Like olsoul said, go ahead an pick up a PPQ M1, you'll be glad you did.

Here ya go, I'll give ya a head start https://www.slickguns.com/search/apa...09mm?view=list
Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #9

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
And another thing that you may not now know....when you get yourself a P99c (and you WILL, trust me ) the PPQ/P99 mags will also fit that, though you'll want and need the grip sleeve. It basically turns the P99c into a full-grip, though you still have the same barrel/slide length.

I can also vouch for the MR Magfa915's....I have 2 or 3 of them, the ONLY difference is the wording and the follower color. MecGar makes them as well as the P99/PPQ mags.

I own as well the PPQ Classic (in both calibers, at that) as well as two P99c (also in both calibers), and having that mag commonality between them with respect to caliber is a huge asset.
Redcat94 likes this.

pick two..
Thunderbirdsport302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #10

wormraper .22
lol, I have thought so many times about the P99c, but right now I have 2 M&P9c's a glock 26 and 2 m&p shield's (one in 9 one in .45) for CCW that I haven't bothered with the p99c (even though I love my P99as)

good to know about mag continuity. It's one of the few things I really appreciate about my glocks and wanted that with the Walther.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ