So PPQ 22 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #1

BondsWalther .22
So PPQ 22

I have not seen too many threads on the PPQ 22, so am curious who has one and how they like especially compared to the P22.
BondsWalther is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #2

extremist Unproven
The PPQ 22 is great. It's advantage over the P22 is that it's a mirror of the PPQ 4", size wize so it's fun to practice with it without burning 9mm ammo.

Like the M&P 22, it's a great centerfire companion counterpart.

The P22 is still great as a small .22 Auto that's fun, also a good gun to start youths on.

I need to get a PPQ 22 5" one of these days.
BigD... likes this.
NRA Endowment
NRA Instructor Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, HFS, RSO
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
www.gunfaqs.org
www.lenaburgs.net
Hosting www.trosusa.com
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:02 AM   #3

BondsWalther .22
Thanks. It sounds like the better of the two. Like I said, don't really like my P22 (with useless laser sight) and really think I may sell it (or give it to my girlfriend) and opt for the PPQ 22.

Last edited by BondsWalther; 12-17-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #4

djim .22
I asked about the PPQ .22 a while ago, myself. searcher451 pointed me to some existing threads. I couldn't find any others. Nor have I seen any new ones, since.
BigD... likes this.
djim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #5

GlennDog .22
I took delivery of mine yesterday. After 300 rounds . . . I like it and it's a lot cheaper than shooting, well pretty much any other caliber. I must admit I was a little disappointed when I figured out that it was made by Umarex
GlennDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #6

HappyPappy .22
I like the gun, love the price, but have been leaning toward the Ruger SR22 instead. A bit heavier and a great reputation so far.....plus I have other Ruger .22s that are flawless. Pretty much an "improved" copy of the Walther so whats not to like about that.
HappyPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:32 AM   #7

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
I used to have two P22s but that was back in the days of cheap 22lr. I have a PPQ22 and it at least fits my holsters but it is that stupid M2 push button release, has sights that can't be easily made like the P99 or PPQ and has no interchangeable backstraps.

If it was paddle release I could forgive the rest but as it is, I almost never use it. With 22lr at todays prices and availability, I won't waste it on a pistol and use it for close steel training with my 15-22 where a rifle round would damage steel and cause too many safety issues up close and just shoot 9mm for pistol.

Out of box the PPQ22's I've seen seem to be a little less likely to need the P22 bible fixes but they still benefit from them all the same, especially if you want to function with all the various ammo types you need to shoot now that getting federal bulk takes $35 and a lot of luck.

P22s have better triggers and mag releases. PPQs fit the full size holsters and fit big hands better. Most women seem to strongly prefer the 3/4 P22 size based on my experience.

It's just a shame Walther didn't do a proper full featured trainer.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:35 PM   #8

goforbroke2 .22
I'm going to be ordering the 5" PPQ 22LR probably this week. I'll report back once I put some rounds downrange.

I couldn't find many reviews on it either besides the one youtube video that is very precise and a long on the 5" model.
https://youtu.be/qV1FUH32zbk
goforbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

BondsWalther .22
Once I do get the PPQ 22, I will also be adding the Element 2 suppressor to it! I always wanted a silencer for one of my guns!
Old 12-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #10

ryanapem .22
The PPQ .22 is actually what got me started with Walthers. I was looking for a comfortable, closer to full sized .22 that was reliable. I read some reviews and things seemed really positive. Once I got it, I put 600+ rounds through it without cleaning it over the course of about 2 months (shoot 100 one day, another 75 a week later, maybe 100 a week later....). I pulled it out of the box and started shooting. I had my first failure at about 750-ish rounds which was pretty darn impressive to me for a .22 auto-loading handgun.

Once I played with the PPQ .22 enough, I just HAD to go get a 9mm.
ryanapem is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ