So PPQ 22 - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

djim .22
I may have some funds for another handgun. Choosing between a PPQ M2 and a PP2 .22 may boil down to having to flip a coin
djim is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #12

BigD... .22
New to the forums, got a P22Q for Christmas. Box say P22, manual says it's a Q. Has replacable backstrap, 2mags, and laser. Serial number starts with WA. It is brand new. Is there a way to tell for sure it
Is a Q?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
BigD... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:25 PM   #13

jorkvilleyoe .22
I believe.....

that certainly is a p22 and the Q is for quick I believe designating that the trigger is similar to the quick response trigger used on the ppq.
Someone with more knowledge than i will certainly weigh in and hopefully confirm.
BigD... likes this.
jorkvilleyoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #14

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
What you have is a P22Q which is a P22 styled to look more like a PPQ than the original P99 looking P22 slide. It is still 3/4 size of a center fire gun. The PPQ22 is a full size gun that fits the holster for a P99/PPQ.
BigD... likes this.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #15

CoachRick .22
Dang...this thread is trouble. I just posted my SIG P229 for sale to help fund my current PPQ Q5 Match interest. The Q5 our range just received is calling my name. My P229 is chambered in 22lr AND 9mm and I have a half-dozen mags for each. It's been a great way to train on the platform without going broke and I will likely smack myself IF I do sell it(even though I'm pretty sure the Q5 will be fantastic). To get similar set-up, I'll have to buy the 'entire' 22lr pistol variant and that will put me easily over a grand. Dang
CoachRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #16
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post
Dang...this thread is trouble. I just posted my SIG P229 for sale to help fund my current PPQ Q5 Match interest.
Where do you have this posted?

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #17

CoachRick .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalExports View Post
Where do you have this posted?
Just posted on Texas Gun Talk...setting up for pics this morning. I'm in Austin and the area is pretty active for buying/selling, so we shall see. I'm afraid I'll buy the Q before I make a move with the SIG. That's what credit cards are for, right?
UniversalExports likes this.

Last edited by CoachRick; 01-02-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #18

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post
Dang...this thread is trouble. I just posted my SIG P229 for sale to help fund my current PPQ Q5 Match interest. The Q5 our range just received is calling my name. My P229 is chambered in 22lr AND 9mm and I have a half-dozen mags for each. It's been a great way to train on the platform without going broke and I will likely smack myself IF I do sell it(even though I'm pretty sure the Q5 will be fantastic). To get similar set-up, I'll have to buy the 'entire' 22lr pistol variant and that will put me easily over a grand. Dang
Well the upside is the PPQ22 is fairly cheap for a whole gun but also beware that they come with one magazine! Why anyone would sell a magazine fed arm without a spare is beyond me as it defeats the point but on the upside again, unlike when I bought one, you can buy extra mags.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #19

CoachRick .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Well the upside is the PPQ22 is fairly cheap for a whole gun but also beware that they come with one magazine! Why anyone would sell a magazine fed arm without a spare is beyond me as it defeats the point but on the upside again, unlike when I bought one, you can buy extra mags.
Yeah, went through the whole "can't find them and they are full retail when I do" experience with the P22 about 8 years ago
Old 01-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #20

goforbroke2 .22
Ordered the 5" model on December 22nd and it still hasn't shipped yet. I'm on the verge of canceling my order and finding another vendor, which therein lies my problem. Nobody has the bloody 5" model in stock anymore compared to 2 weeks ago.

PS: Don't order a firearm from buckshotonline.com, they don't stock firearms (which explains the awesome pricing) it's all drop shipped.
Complete lack and utter failure from lack of communication.
goforbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ