Walther Forums banner

PPQ aftermarket parts for competition

16K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  imaoldfart 
#1 ·
I had a PPQ m2 when they first out and ended up selling it because I couldn't get magazines for it.

I've been playing with the idea of getting a 5" ppq in 40 for USPSA limited use but was wondering if there is any aftermarket support for it yet. The trigger is golden. Don't need to do anything there really. But what I do need is extended capacity base pads and a speed magwell. Are either of those available?

If not, I suppose a 9mm version would still be great it IDPA, USPSA production, and 3-gun........

#9 ·
This.

I really like the PPQ, it's a great gun, but for USPSA it's pretty much strictly a Production gun. It doesn't have the mod's available like the Glock 35 or XDM .40 do to fit in the class. The trigger is great, but that's comparing it to Production guns again, in the Limited class it's not even in the ballpark with the 2011's and purpose built guns.

That doesn't mean you could not shoot it, but you'd have to work that much harder to be competitive and you'd be at a distinct disadvantage to an equal shooter who is running a 2011.

#5 ·
OK, I'll let the cat out of the bag. Canik 55 TP9 18 round 9mm mags are made by Mec-gar and are a PERFECT fit for the PPQ M2. And they're currently on sale for $19.99 + shipping https://www.classicfirearms.com/tp9...il&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-924805c9e2-239328825

You'll need to buy multiple mags to get the shipping down on a per mag basis.

I've also modified these same mags to run in my PPQ M1's/P99's.....and they also run like a champ.

#10 ·
OK, I'll let the cat out of the bag. Canik 55 TP9 18 round 9mm mags are made by Mec-gar and are a PERFECT fit for the PPQ M2. And they're currently on sale for $19.99 + shipping https://www.classicfirearms.com/tp9...il&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-924805c9e2-239328825

You'll need to buy multiple mags to get the shipping down on a per mag basis.

I've also modified these same mags to run in my PPQ M1's/P99's.....and they also run like a champ.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, with shipping these would have ended up costing me about $33 each. Just decided to buy a bunch of Walther 17 round mags for $39.99 in stock locally at Cabelas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.