WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #21

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlim View Post
I have not had any unintentional mag releases but I guess it will only take one for me to make some adjustments. The spring is a quick and easy option. I am thinking there may be another option for those who have access to an extra plunger button. Why not bevel the button about midway towards the slide of the gun requiring you to engage the button by pushing the bottom of it. There seems to be plenty of material there. check out the image in the insruction manual page 30.
http://cdn1.waltherarms.com/wp-conte...Series-USA.pdf

I have tried to do a bit of photoshop of what I am talking about, note I HAVE NOT DONE THIS TO MY GUN... (yet)
Interesting possibility. Let us know how that works out for you.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #22

Barbarian .22
Fingers crossed. In a few more days I think I can announce problem solved. Hope so.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #23

Fourxfour .22
I had my first unintentional mag release last week. After drawing from concealment and firing one handed, I placed my support hand on the gun as I returned to a low ready and I popped out the mag.

The stronger mag release spring is a good idea.
Fourxfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #24

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourxfour View Post
I had my first unintentional mag release last week. After drawing from concealment and firing one handed, I placed my support hand on the gun as I returned to a low ready and I popped out the mag.

The stronger mag release spring is a good idea.
I think there are those who have not had them and there are those that will have them in the future.
Thanks to the posters here I changed the springs in my two PPQ's and have not had an unintentional magazine release since ( I had five before). You need to change your button release springs to stronger ones to avoid this problem completely:
Wolff Kit #1607 : MINIATURE COIL SPRING PAK - KIT #1607 | Brownells
Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #25
cfr

cfr .22
I bought the referenced Wolf spring kit and just installed today. Unfortunately I wont be able to go out from probably two weeks (two long, agonizing weeks ) but I'll let you all know how it goes. The new spring is MUCH stiffer than the original. As an FYI I dont think I could make it for more than a couple mags without a drop.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #26

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr View Post
I bought the referenced Wolf spring kit and just installed today. Unfortunately I wont be able to go out from probably two weeks (two long, agonizing weeks ) but I'll let you all know how it goes. The new spring is MUCH stiffer than the original. As an FYI I dont think I could make it for more than a couple mags without a drop.
Good for you. The former button spring allows one to push the button half way in and it will stick half way in. I did this on a Walther PPQ the other day that was in my favorite gun store. When it sticks like that - it now takes very little pressure to release the magazine. Presto, you have an unintentional magazine release. The stronger spring makes the button rebound to its original position and it will not stick when pushed half way in.
I think your problem may be cured.
Sorry about the two weeks!! Good shooting!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #27

michaelm .22
as somebody with smaller hands and who will only use this gun at the range, will this be a concern for me? (just ordered the gun)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #28

omegagavin .22
If I weren't going to carry it I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by omegagavin; 05-09-2014 at 11:17 AM.
omegagavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #29
cfr

cfr .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
as somebody with smaller hands and who will only use this gun at the range, will this be a concern for me? (just ordered the gun)
I dont know that anyone can answer this for you. I think it's also shape specific more than size.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #30

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Although someone with large hands would be more susceptible to an unintentional magazine release, the size of your hands has nothing to do with the unintentional magazine release. One of mine occurred as I drew it from the holster and two others when I removed the pistol from the zipper bag I was carrying it and some books in. The magazine button was stuck halfway in making it very sensitive to any more pressure.
If there is either a chance you will, or you are planning to use the pistol for home defense, as a carry gun, or even in a match ( where the result of an unintentional mag release is annoying but not life threatening), I would get the spring kit ( $12 ) and make the change.
If all you do is shoot it at the range - then the result would merely be annoying. It is up to you as to what you want to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

magazine falls out of walther's ppq

ppq magazine release

problems reversing magazine release ppx

walther ppq

walther ppq m2 mag release

walther ppq m2 mag release problems
walther ppq m2 magazine falls out

walther ppq m2 magazine release

walther ppq mag release

walther ppq magazine release

walther ppq problems

walther ppx stronger spring for mag release

Click on a term to search for related topics.