WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #1

ficpearce .22
Recoil springs

Sponsored Links
I am trying to tune some target and competition loads for my 9mm m2 ppq and am looking for recoil springs of various weights to be able to match up with those loads.....any suggestions
ficpearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #2

Noodles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficpearce View Post
I am trying to tune some target and competition loads for my 9mm m2 ppq and am looking for recoil springs of various weights to be able to match up with those loads.....any suggestions
Stock. Don't mess with it.

If you are having recoil problems with the PPQ, you're doing it wrong I'm not even slightly joking when I say spend the money on training and ammo.
olsoul likes this.
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #3

litlepod .22
If you call up Springco and tell them the type of load you are using and firearm they will send you a tuned recoil system.

In terms of competition, there's a reason why there are tuned guns. Every millisecond counts. Walk in to a USPSA open division with your stock production gun and you're going to get smoked assuming the same level of shooter.
litlepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #4

balance .22
Walther makes a reduced power recoil spring assembly. I believe the 5" PPQ comes with this lighter spring from the factory.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #5

Sundevil827 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepod View Post
In terms of competition, there's a reason why there are tuned guns. Every millisecond counts. Walk in to a USPSA open division with your stock production gun and you're going to get smoked assuming the same level of shooter.
I don't think anyone (or I should say I HOPE that nobody) is going to be shooting a PPQ in Open Division, unless it is by accident. (Pulling a mag from a front pocket or something like that....)
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #6

ficpearce .22
Out of the box the ppq has been one of the best shooting guns I have used, I shoot in idpa matches in the stock service pistol class, and I have been trying to tune my loads down to as close as I can get to the minimum power factor (for obvious reasons).

I have gotten my velocity and accuracy to where I want it with my hand loads, but the issue I am having is that the very low recoil is causing malfuntions with feeding and ejecting.

The ssp division allows for changing recoil springs or even using recoil reducers like the ones mentioned above from springco, which incidentally i have one in my sig p229 .40 and absolutly love, the issue is i am having I am having a hard time finding recoil springs in varying weights to be able to really fine tune it. Any suggestions on where to look for springs or would be a huge help, thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

Sundevil827 .22
Just a side note....

PPQ has been, and should be shot in the ESP class, it will not fall into the SSP class until the new rules go into effect in October. That is due to the the trigger not being what IDPA classes as a double action trigger, so like the XDM we shoot ESP. (well, at least for a couple of months.) The fact that not enough clubs know the rules, to me is an IDPA issue..but that's a whole 'nother story, not worth getting into!

Personally, I love it!

Last edited by Sundevil827; 08-14-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: bandwidth
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #8

CFRHunter .22
What load/MV are you shooting?

Iím kind of surprised to hear youíre having functioning problems while making minimum power factor with the 9mm. IDPA sets 9mm/.38 at 125,000 (velocity x bullet weight), so that would be (for minimums) a 115 at about 1100 FPS, a 124 at 1008, and a 147 at 850.

Iíve run 124s all the way down to 990 and they functioned, but didnít make the minimum. I run my 124s at 1100 and 147s at 900 and they have light recoil, and solid functioning with the factory spring.

Chuck
CFRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #9

ficpearce .22
I am running 115's at 1100 fps...I am beginning to wonder if the issue is the powder I am using, I am loading autocomp which from everything I am reading about that says it produces light recoil (which it does) and burns pretty dirty (which is also true).
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #10

CFRHunter .22
I'm using WW231, pretty clean, zero issues with functioning.

Is your PPQ pretty new??

I actually found the 147 load at 900 to be better recoil-wise to both the 115s and 124s. Kind of like a .45ACP push rather than a snap. It's also the same bullet weight I use for SD, so I stick with it.

Chuck
CFRHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
dpm recoil
dpm recoil system idpa approved?
ppq factory recoil spring assembly

ppq recoil spring

spring assembly for walther pk380
walther ppq m2 recoil spring assembly
walther ppq m2 spring

walther ppq recoil spring

walther ppq recoil springs

walther ppq springs

what is the poundadge on the recoil spring on a walther ppq m2
wolf recoil springs ppq
Click on a term to search for related topics.