WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #1

jqunac .22
M2 holster questions.

Sponsored Links
I'm kinda new here on the PPQ forum. I've owned the PPS for a year and a half and like to read up over there now and then. I always knew I'd have a PPQ someday and had been half heartedly watching out for one but they became few and far between. Originally I was looking for the Classic but between high pricing and long waiting decided to go with the M2 I should have it next week.

Sorry if this has been asked I searched a bit but not exhaustively. I'm looking for a belt or paddle holster like the Comp Tac paddle, was a bit surprised they don't offer it for the PPQ, something in kydex.

My main concern is for those who may have handled both models of PPQ, do you think a holster for a Classic will work with the M2 without alteration? Bonus question, has anyone found a paddle or belt holster similar to the Comp Tac? thanks
jqunac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #2

Sundevil827 .22
Have a look at The International from Comp-Tac, that's what I ordered for my PPQ, but my intention there is less concealment and more for competition.

Blade Tech has an OWB holster that reasonably close to the Paddle/Belt versions of the Comp-Tac if that is what you are looking for, but they are a longer build time.
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
There's this, for starters:

PPQ Holsters?

I'd also recommend that you browse the websites or personally contact one of the supporting holster vendors who help to keep this forum up and running.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #4

Sayed_seso .22
The blackhawk cqc holster for p99 fit ppq very good and you can find it paddle and pelt
jking50 likes this.
Sayed_seso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #5

SavvySniper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayed_seso View Post
The blackhawk cqc holster for p99 fit ppq very good and you can find it paddle and pelt
+1 - The Blackhawk P99 holster fits the PPQ perfectly. I have one myself. But I wouldn't say the holster is designed for Conceal Carry. It's more of a holster for at the range, or when I'm doing tactical shooting drills with my AR, or for open carry.
SavvySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #6

Bronxbomber252 .22
I have the IMI root retention holster for the PPQ, Similar to a blackhawk serpa, but the retention button is better placed. Seems rock solid, it too is an Open carry/range holster.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #7

shootist87122 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundevil827 View Post
Have a look at The International from Comp-Tac, that's what I ordered for my PPQ, but my intention there is less concealment and more for competition.

Blade Tech has an OWB holster that reasonably close to the Paddle/Belt versions of the Comp-Tac if that is what you are looking for, but they are a longer build time.
Sundevil (or anyone),

Does the International fit both the PPQ and PPQ M2? How is it working for you? My PPQ M2 arrived at my dealer today. I'm reasonably sure it will see some use at our local 3-Gun matches.

Also, does anyone know if the belt attachment system can be removed and the male G-Code RTI attachment installed? (For use on a padded HSGI molly belt).

Thanks.
shootist87122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #8

Sundevil827 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist87122 View Post
Sundevil (or anyone),

Does the International fit both the PPQ and PPQ M2? How is it working for you? My PPQ M2 arrived at my dealer today. I'm reasonably sure it will see some use at our local 3-Gun matches.

Also, does anyone know if the belt attachment system can be removed and the male G-Code RTI attachment installed? (For use on a padded HSGI molly belt).

Thanks.
Since I dont have an M2, I cant answer if it will fit both, but since the only difference is the mag release, my hunch would be yes. That said, I'm wrong an awful lot, it's worth the call to Comp-Tac to find out for sure.

For competition, I absolutely love it, it sits further from the body (not much, just a little) than the standard belt/paddle holster and allows me a very easy, draw. It is not IDPA legal in the drop-offset version however. Now if you are looking for a CCW holster, then it probably is not a very good choice. If I did not have an issue with a 16-18 week wait, I'm definitely a fan of Raven Concealment holsters, very tight to the body. With CCW coming in IL, eventually if I decide to go that route, I'll order a Raven. That said, some site sponsor's here make some outstanding holsters and are worth looking at. Plus, far better feedback from people who have had 'em longer!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #9

jqunac .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist87122 View Post
Sundevil (or anyone),

Thanks.
I emailed Comp Tac with a very similar question, here is their response:

I donít think there will be an issue with the trigger guard, however, if it proves to be an issue I will be happy to honor our 30-day no bs guarantee.

Thank you,
xxxxx xxxxxx
Sundevil827 likes this.
jqunac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #10

Sundevil827 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqunac View Post
I emailed Comp Tac with a very similar question, here is their response:

I donít think there will be an issue with the trigger guard, however, if it proves to be an issue I will be happy to honor our 30-day no bs guarantee.

Thank you,
xxxxx xxxxxx
I've always been happy with Comp-Tac customer service, I used to think it was a rarity, but in seeing what others have posted around here, seems like there are a lot of holster manufacturer's do the same.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
holster for ppq m2
holster for walther ppq m2
holster walther ppq m2
holsters for walther ppq m2
holsters for walther ppq m2 9mm

ppq m2 holster

ppq m2 holster blade-tech
ppq m2 holsters
raven concealment ppq m2
walther ppq m2 9mm holster

walther ppq m2 holster

walther ppq m2 holsters

Click on a term to search for related topics.