LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
PPQ M1

Sponsored Links
This was posted on the Gunsamerica blog from ShotShow:

Walther PPX Under $500, .22LR PPK, Updated PPQ

Nothing much new but Mark is calling the Classic an M1.... that PPK/S sure looks nice!

Last edited by olsoul; 01-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #2

yellowlt4 .22
Quote:
...H&K is the only other company with the trigger guard design and Americanís havenít taken to it the way the Germanís thought they would. Truth is, the thing was hard to use without tilting the gun to the side.
That's crazy talk. The PPQ is the first gun I have ever handled where the mag release felt completely natural, lower my trigger finger with a slight press and it falls. Ever button style requires me to manipulate the gun in my hand usually requires much more force than the paddles on my PPQ.
yellowlt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #3

DRJ28 .22
I like how, in the still frame before you hit play on the video, the gun is pointed directly in to the camera.
DRJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ28 View Post
I like how, in the still frame before you hit play on the video, the gun is pointed directly in to the camera.
Mark has had a few issues with muzzling the camera in the past...
I'm just glad they don't film him on the testing range....

Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #5

yellowlt4 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ28 View Post
And in the video he swings that muzzle around in every direction. Goes against everything I have been taught.
yellowlt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #6

Cat91 .22
I still like the PPQ Classic.
Cat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat91 View Post
I still like the PPQ Classic.
Me too Cat

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #8

Fat_B23 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsoul View Post
Me too Cat
Me three Cat
Fat_B23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #9

JFootin .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlt4 View Post
Quote:
...H&K is the only other company with the trigger guard design and Americanís havenít taken to it the way the Germanís thought they would. Truth is, the thing was hard to use without tilting the gun to the side.
That's crazy talk. The PPQ is the first gun I have ever handled where the mag release felt completely natural, lower my trigger finger with a slight press and it falls. Ever button style requires me to manipulate the gun in my hand usually requires much more force than the paddles on my PPQ.
The guy doesn't have a clue! He was talking about the PPQ, but referring to it as the PPS. He called the paddle mag release a "trigger guard safety." () And I have repeatedly heard him make that stupid comment about having to awkwardly shift the gun to operate it...because the idiot is trying to operate it with his thumb! He goes on to say the paddle is the reason for limited sales here in the U.S., when the real reason is poor or nonexistent marketing (when have you seen an ad of any size for the PPQ in a major gun magazine?) and a piss poor supply of guns (if they had wanted to sell more guns over here, all they had to do was send 10 or 20 times more of them)! It is morons like this that have influenced Walther to abandon the superior paddle mag release. And you know what? I think he represents Walther's view of the typical American gun buyer.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
JF, I guess I must have missed Mark calling the M2 a PPS in this video. I'm not really sure you're characterizations are accurate.He likely had done that same exact spiel 60 times for different companies and blogs by day 3, so if he mixed up a term it really isn't the end of the world.

I will agree his lack of muzzle control is abysmal, but in his favor he points the weapons at himself as often as he does other people. I trust for his sake it won't become a matter of Darwinian selection.

I too hate the lack of a Classic PPQ the paddle release did hold back many US customers. This isn't Marks fault. I think he has done a good job communication with forum members, and has gone out of his way to answer questions during a very busy time in the companies start up.

Please remember, while we are able to fixate on a few specific handguns, he must know and be conversant with every single piece of the Walther inventory. Cut the man a bit of slack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

ppq m1

ppq m1 vs ppq m2
ppqm1
walther pdq m1
walther ppq (m-1)

walther ppq m1

walther ppq m1 vs m2
walther ppq m1 vs ppq m2
walther ppqm1
when can we see the new ppq m1
where is the ppq m1
where to buy a walther ppq m1
Click on a term to search for related topics.