Sponsored Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_B23 View Post
Me three Cat
Me four Cat.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #12

Soldiernurse .22
Thumbs down Not an M1!

Only the "Original", NOT M1, PPQ. Why would you designate the Original PPQ as an M1? It's bad enough the M2 (American Version?) has a button type mag release.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #13

Soldiernurse .22
Not an M1, it's the Original PPQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
The guy doesn't have a clue! He was talking about the PPQ, but referring to it as the PPS. He called the paddle mag release a "trigger guard safety." () And I have repeatedly heard him make that stupid comment about having to awkwardly shift the gun to operate it...because the idiot is trying to operate it with his thumb! He goes on to say the paddle is the reason for limited sales here in the U.S., when the real reason is poor or nonexistent marketing (when have you seen an ad of any size for the PPQ in a major gun magazine?) and a piss poor supply of guns (if they had wanted to sell more guns over here, all they had to do was send 10 or 20 times more of them)! It is morons like this that have influenced Walther to abandon the superior paddle mag release. And you know what? I think he represents Walther's view of the typical American gun buyer.

Very disappointed the Walther Arms [AK, LOL, the Mecca of Firearm Industry] no longer offers the Original PPQ. I say if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #14

Soldiernurse .22
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat91 View Post
I still like the PPQ Classic.
I prefer the "Original".

Old 01-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
The guy doesn't have a clue!
Why not send him a note? He's a member of the forum. You might try to be polite, while you're at it, though.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
It's my opinion that what the previous posters are referring to is the person that wrote and posted the original article on "the Gunsamerica blog from ShotShow: Walther PPX Under $500, .22LR PPK, Updated PPQ I got the email notification about the new write up and immediately went to the Gunsamerica site to read the review. It was this review where the writer referred to the PPQ as the PPS and the mag release as a safety .... it was absolutely down right (ok, I won't use that word).

Mark did great in the video, other than muzzling everybody. But Hey, how do you show someone the pistol without pointing, flipping, rotating, etc. The only thing he didn't show on camera was safety checking the weapon, prior to the pistol acrobatics. No Biggie. He knows the gun is safe, he's probably done this presentation a few hundred times....I'll bet his thumbs and fingers are getting tired.....I'll bet his jaw is getting tired too. Overall, GOOD JOB MARK.

Again, all the comments are/were directed at the written words. There were some comments on the Gunsamerica site, much like what I’ve been reading here, pointing out the many mistakes in the article. The article has been corrected/updated.

I did find some of the comments on the Gunsamerica site referencing the numerous errors in the article.

Nick January 23, 2013 at 9:25 am The PPQ has never had a “trigger guard saftey,” that would be the magazine release!

Administrator January 23, 2013 at 9:30 am oops

david blackburn January 23, 2013 at 9:30 am He means magazine release – not safety – doesn’t he? Both Walther and HK have the mag release on the trigger guard – but not the safety – the Walther PPS does not even have an external safety…………

Administrator January 23, 2013 at 9:32 am Yes it was fixed.

Jack January 23, 2013 at 9:39 am I believe the “PPS” in the first paragraph should read “PPQ.” I was confused until I watched the vid.

Administrator January 23, 2013 at 10:03 am Yes thanks it was fixed. The alphabet soup makes it hard to find mistakes, and we did review the PPS the same week as the PPQ.

Rien January 23, 2013 at 4:00 pm The other “PPS” in the first paragraph (where it says “PPS will still be their flagship pistol”) should be PPQ too. Also, “standard usability safety” should be “standard thumb magazine release.”
And the PPX is closer in relation to the P99 and PK380 than to the PPS.
It’s kinda funny how every Walther in this article is a PPS until corrected by readers.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 01-24-2013 at 01:48 PM.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #17

Dave_I .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlt4 View Post
That's crazy talk. The PPQ is the first gun I have ever handled where the mag release felt completely natural, lower my trigger finger with a slight press and it falls. Ever button style requires me to manipulate the gun in my hand usually requires much more force than the paddles on my PPQ.
Ditto! I can use the mag release on my 1911 just fine, but I have grown to prefer the PPQ's trigger-guard mag release by a wide margin.

-Cheers
Dave_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #18

JFootin .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Why not send him a note? He's a member of the forum. You might try to be polite, while you're at it, though.
I was agreeing with the poster about the ridiculous statements made in the article, not ragging on him.

I posted a comment to the article (by: John E), it was reviewed and posted as written, and he apologised for the mistakes, although he replied that the paddle was still awkward to him.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #19

Sonney .22
Price

Go to the Walter web site and it says that the PPQ ether 9 or 40 is 599 I got the 40 yesterday for 589 at a gun store. Gander Mountain is a lot higher.
Sonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #20

Tortugas .22
PPQ 9mm

Who still has PPQs in 9mm in stock? Everyone seems to be sold out and on back order. I want the M1 version before the M2 is the only option, because I am used to the mag release on my HK USP45. Will I have any luck finding one at the Crossroads gun show in Costa Mesa CA this week-end?
Tortugas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

ppq m1

ppq m1 vs ppq m2
ppqm1
walther pdq m1
walther ppq (m-1)

walther ppq m1

walther ppq m1 vs m2
walther ppq m1 vs ppq m2
walther ppqm1
when can we see the new ppq m1
where is the ppq m1
where to buy a walther ppq m1
Click on a term to search for related topics.